ADVERTISEMENT

Junior day Saturday...

HBK4life

Nebraska Legend
Jan 24, 2004
North of Lincoln South of Heaven
https://journalstar.com/sports/husk...cle_d1d604c4-129e-5370-b165-09374b3597e9.html
Nebraska is expected to host a group that includes offered players like defensive linemen Jeffrey Bowie (West Branch, Iowa) and Ryan Keeler (La Grange Park, Illinois); athlete Seth Malcom (Tabor, Iowa) and two-way lineman Ru'Quan Buckley (Grand Rapids, Michigan).

Defensive line coach Tony Tuioti visited Buckley's Godwin Heights High on Tuesday, and Buckley told the Journal Star he's already formed a strong relationship with NU's defensive line coach.
NU is also slated to host some 2021 prospects who don't yet have scholarship offers but are on the radar screen, including quarterback Heinrich Haarberg (Kearney Catholic) and athlete Arland Bruce (Olathe, Kansas). Fidone got new offer
Competition is stiff, though, and Wisconsin jumped into the mix on Tuesday by extending the 6-foot-5, 220-pound Fidone a scholarship offer, too, he announced via Twitter.

Fidone's already been to Lincoln four times and told the Journal Star he'd like to take his official visits in the spring if possible.

https://hailvarsity.com/s/8835/nebraska-recruiting-huskers-active-on-trail-for-future-classes
Nebraska’s coaching staff is out in full force this week with the contact period opening up. Several new offers have also gone out for the 2021 class and beyond. The last few days have been particularly active with the staff spread around the country.

Offensive quality control analyst Steve Cooper was on the road this week. He was out in place of new offensive coordinator Matt Lubick making a swing through Texas.
Since Coach Scott Frost and his staff took over the program, Oklahoma has been more of a focus with recruiting. Nebraska signed Demariyon Houston, Jamie Nance and Sevion Morrison are all from the Sooner State. Running backs coach and recruiting coordinator Ryan Held was back in the state this week.
It also wouldn’t be a recruiting week without a Husker being down in Florida. Tight ends coach Sean Beckton (and likely Travis Fisher) spent time down there this week. Beckton swung through Jefferson High School in Tampa.
The Huskers also made the first scholarship offer for 2023 quarterback Taron Dickens. Nebraska’s is getting in early with the teammate of Marcus Fleming and Ronald Delancy III. The Miami Northwestern signal-caller led the team to a state championship as a freshman.
Dickens wasn’t the only Florida offer this week. Keyatta Jackson Jr., a 2022 defensive end from Hollywood, picked up an offer from the Huskers as well.
Defensive coordinator Erik Chinander spent time in Alabama this week. That’s where he offered a scholarship to 2021 5-star defensive back GaQuincy McKinstry. The talented defender holds over 20 scholarships already including most from the SEC.
Walker Howard told Hail Varsity that Frost and Mario Verduzco are coming to Louisiana, checking in with the 2022 quarterback on Thursday. Howard has yet to start a varsity game yet but already holds offers from Nebraska, LSU, Alabama and others. He’s visited Lincoln once already and thinks highly of the Huskers staff.

There is a lot of activity happening right now in Husker recruiting. It’s all leading up to a huge Junior Day weekend that we will have full coverage of. We'll get the exciting weekend started with a visitor preview on Friday.

https://journalstar.com/sports/husk...cle_0de2f451-9adb-5afd-955a-062f2189fa3f.html
Ruud is making the rounds in the Omaha area today before a big junior day tomorrow and is also expected to stop by Bellevue West, where 2021 target Keagan Johnson and 2020 wide receiver signee Zavier Betts go to school. Originally, new offensive coordinator Matt Lubick was slated to stop by this week, but Thunderbirds head coach Michael Huffman told the Journal Star that may actually now happen next week.
A busy Saturday: Nebraska's junior day will indeed be a big one. Husker Extra gave an early preview earlier in the week with some insights from Michigan lineman Ru'Quan Buckley and other players NU has already offered for 2021 like Jeffrey Bowie (West Branch, Iowa) and Ryan Keeler (La Grange Park, Illinois) and athlete Seth Malcom (Tabor, Iowa).

The Journal Star's also confirmed that a pair of regional four-star prospects near the top of Nebraska's board are slated to be on campus in defensive back Avante Dickerson (Omaha Westside) and outside linebacker T.J. Bollers (Tiffin, Iowa).
n all, NU is expecting to host more than 15 players who already hold scholarship offers and several more who could earn them either over the weekend or down the road.

A couple of intriguing linemen who already hold offers: Dffensive lineman Michael Mokofisi (Woods Cross, Utah) and offensive lineman Marcus Mbow (Wauwatosa, Wisconsin).

NU is also slated to host defensive lineman Tobechi Okali (Kansas City), whose school Tuioti was just at earlier this week, and 6-2, 180-pound four-star wide receiver Quenton Barnes (Antioch, Tennessee).

Mbow doesn't have an offer from the in-state Badgers yet, but both Iowa and Iowa State have offered since Nebraska pulled the trigger in late December.
Mokofisi is a big defensive tackle from Utah who already has lots of West Coast options, but is being recruited hard by defensive line coach Tony Tuioti.
"Coach Ruud came up to my school this morning to check up on me and to tell me I’ve received an offer," Woods told the Journal Star. "This offer is great (because) it’s close to home and it’s an in-state offer. ...

"(My) relationship with the staff is great. It makes me feel like I’m wanted."

Woods, listed at 6-foot-5 and 270 pounds, has been a fixture on gameday and unofficial visits in Lincoln over the past year and has blossomed into a Division I prospect, having already picked up an offer from Iowa State.

Woods is the second known player from the 2022 class in Nebraska to earn a scholarship offer from the home-state Huskers, joining Omaha Burke's Devon Jackson.

The Cyclones offered back in November and, according to 247Sports, like Woods as an offensive lineman, though he does play both sides of the ball for Central.
Schools can also roll over a maximum of six unused visits for a yearly maximum of 62.

That's the position Nebraska will almost certainly be in come April 1, considering they've used only 37 of 56 by the Journal Star's count for the current cycle.

https://journalstar.com/sports/husk...cle_0de2f451-9adb-5afd-955a-062f2189fa3f.html
Ruud is making the rounds in the Omaha area today before a big junior day tomorrow and is also expected to stop by Bellevue West, where 2021 target Keagan Johnson and 2020 wide receiver signee Zavier Betts go to school. Originally, new offensive coordinator Matt Lubick was slated to stop by this week, but Thunderbirds head coach Michael Huffman told the Journal Star that may actually now happen next week.
A busy Saturday: Nebraska's junior day will indeed be a big one. Husker Extra gave an early preview earlier in the week with some insights from Michigan lineman Ru'Quan Buckley and other players NU has already offered for 2021 like Jeffrey Bowie (West Branch, Iowa) and Ryan Keeler (La Grange Park, Illinois) and athlete Seth Malcom (Tabor, Iowa).

The Journal Star's also confirmed that a pair of regional four-star prospects near the top of Nebraska's board are slated to be on campus in defensive back Avante Dickerson (Omaha Westside) and outside linebacker T.J. Bollers (Tiffin, Iowa).
n all, NU is expecting to host more than 15 players who already hold scholarship offers and several more who could earn them either over the weekend or down the road.

A couple of intriguing linemen who already hold offers: Dffensive lineman Michael Mokofisi (Woods Cross, Utah) and offensive lineman Marcus Mbow (Wauwatosa, Wisconsin).

NU is also slated to host defensive lineman Tobechi Okali (Kansas City), whose school Tuioti was just at earlier this week, and 6-2, 180-pound four-star wide receiver Quenton Barnes (Antioch, Tennessee).

Mbow doesn't have an offer from the in-state Badgers yet, but both Iowa and Iowa State have offered since Nebraska pulled the trigger in late December.
Mokofisi is a big defensive tackle from Utah who already has lots of West Coast options, but is being recruited hard by defensive line coach Tony Tuioti.
"Coach Ruud came up to my school this morning to check up on me and to tell me I’ve received an offer," Woods told the Journal Star. "This offer is great (because) it’s close to home and it’s an in-state offer. ...

"(My) relationship with the staff is great. It makes me feel like I’m wanted."

Woods, listed at 6-foot-5 and 270 pounds, has been a fixture on gameday and unofficial visits in Lincoln over the past year and has blossomed into a Division I prospect, having already picked up an offer from Iowa State.

Woods is the second known player from the 2022 class in Nebraska to earn a scholarship offer from the home-state Huskers, joining Omaha Burke's Devon Jackson.

The Cyclones offered back in November and, according to 247Sports, like Woods as an offensive lineman, though he does play both sides of the ball for Central.
Schools can also roll over a maximum of six unused visits for a yearly maximum of 62.

That's the position Nebraska will almost certainly be in come April 1, considering they've used only 37 of 56 by the Journal Star's count for the current cycle.

Bowie committed to Iowa this morning you can scratch him off your Husker wish list, now to seal the deal with Bollers and Fidone with the Black N Gold.

Reactions: Bloody Run Hawk
Bowie committed to Iowa this morning you can scratch him off your Husker wish list, now to seal the deal with Bollers and Fidone with the Black N Gold.

So...you got a commitment from a kid from your home state, and you are here telling us about it? That's pretty funny stuff. Congratulations, you kept one at home.

BTW, if you're not moving him inside, you now have a short DE in a 4-3 system. Sounds like a great plan.

Reactions: dinglefritz
So...you got a commitment from a kid from your home state, and you and here telling us about it? That's pretty funny stuff. Congratulations, you kept him at home.
I guess they can’t lose them all!

Sure he is lower rated prospect with fewer offers than guys like Fidone and Bollers, but he is a competitor and not afraid of the competition at mighty Iowa, like all the top recruits.

It’s strange. No one here cares for his input and he is made to look stupid over and over, yet here he is.
No brainer, he's from iowa. Yellow and black, everywhere Ive lived, iowa takes a beating, yellow from getting the p1ss knocked outta them, and black, from the bloody stools,thats all they got.
Look at me, they cry in iowa,please look at me they cry, because there's nothing to do in iowa. All the same

Reactions: headcard
I guess they can’t lose them all!

Sure he is lower rated prospect with fewer offers than guys like Fidone and Bollers, but he is a competitor and not afraid of the competition at mighty Iowa, like all the top recruits.
Competition....so that's the big requirement? No wonder theyve never won it all.

But,there's nothing to do in iowa,other than cry when self proclaimed TE U loses one of their best, a TE
Fidone has stated in public he is leery of competition in the Iowa TE room he wouldn't start for a few years anyway at Iowa. So he is a project player for us.

It’s strange. No one here cares for his input and he is made to look stupid over and over, yet here he is.
the poor kid is too dumb to find his way over to his own board :( I’m starting to almost feel bad for the poor fella... to dumb and shut up, and too ignorant to find his way home to the Iowa board...

Fidone has stated in public he is leery of competition in the Iowa TE room he wouldn't start for a few years anyway at Iowa. So he is a project player for us.
He’s a project for anyone. But he’d be a nice project to have anywhere. Iowa’s staff still feels good with Fidone. It’s going to be an Iowa Nebraska battle. Think Nebraska has the momentum though. Bollers isn’t going to Iowa. Still think Wisconsin is the team to beat but Nebraska isn’t out of it like Iowa is unfortunately. Bowie is a good pick up though.

Reactions: Clemke32
Since he had stated it publicly , I’m sure you could share a link.

Perhaps it is more likely that a kid visiting Michigan and ND isn’t afraid of competition and instead, like every top recruit, has no interest in playing at Iowa.

Reactions: timnsun
He’s a project for anyone. But he’d be a nice project to have anywhere. Iowa’s staff still feels good with Fidone. It’s going to be an Iowa Nebraska battle. Think Nebraska has the momentum though. Bollers isn’t going to Iowa. Still think Wisconsin is the team to beat but Nebraska isn’t out of it like Iowa is unfortunately. Bowie is a good pick up though.
good summary here... I thought I seen somewhere that said Fidone had ruled out Iowa as well, but I very well could be confusing Bollers with Fidone... I know from what I’ve seen Bollers knows he won’t fit into Iowa’s D... and like I mentioned before I think Fidone ends up at NU as he grew up a husker fan... I do think he will do is due diligence and look at a few places but I still think it will be hard for him to pass up the opportunity to play close to home for the team he rooted for, and in an offense where he fits in and could shine.

BTW I’m assuming you’re an Iowa fan based on your screen name, but it’s nice to have An Iowa fan come in and show some rational thinking and not just come to stir the pot, so thank you

Last edited:
good summary here... I thought I seen somewhere that said Fidone had ruled out Iowa as well, but I very well could be confusing Bollers with Fidone... I know from what I’ve seen Bollers knows he won’t fit into Iowa’s D... and like I mentioned before I think Fidone ends up at NU as he grew up a husker fan... I do think he will do is due diligence and look at a few places but I still think it will be hard for him to pass up the opportunity to play close to have for the team he rooted for, and in an offense where he fits in and could shine.

BTW I’m assuming you’re an Iowa fan based on your screen name, but it’s nice to have An Iowa fan come in and show some rational thinking and not just come to stir the pot, so thank you

oh yeah I just like talking recruiting. Do I get caught up in some of the smack talk sometimes? You bet ha but yeah Bollers wants to be an outside linebacker in a system like nebby or Wisconsin it sounds like. Stanford is an offer that he could be looking for as well I’ve read too. Fidone based off what I’ve heard is Iowa still likes where they sit but a lot of nebby picks on 24/7 flying around and Wiltfong normally doesn’t throw those out without some info.

So...you got a commitment from a kid from your home state, and you are here telling us about it? That's pretty funny stuff. Congratulations, you kept one at home.

BTW, if you're not moving him inside, you now have a short DE in a 4-3 system. Sounds like a great plan.
6-5 is a short d end?

When you completely waste 3 offensive possessions in a row down the stretch, you get what you deserve. F*ck!!!

Agree 6-3 is a short d end. He’s listed at 6-5 242 on his profile. If he’s really 6-3 than I missed it and agree moving inside would be the move.

Nope. 6'3" on both Rivals and 24/7. He will have to add 50-60 lbs to move inside, which will be pushing it a bit, but maybe he has the frame to do so. Who knows, maybe he has really long arms for a 6'3" kid.

Nope. 6'3" on both Rivals and 24/7. He will have to add 50-60 lbs to move inside, which will be pushing it a bit, but maybe he has the frame to do so. Who knows, maybe he has really long arms for a 6'3" kid.

Bollers is listed at 6-3. Do you maybe have Bollers and Bowie mixed up?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT