ADVERTISEMENT

June 11, 8 Bama football players with Covid...

tenor.gif

Have not heard when the funerals were held or to be held. Seems like everyone believes a positive test result = death... Still waiting for the first celebrity, politician, or pro athlete to die as well...
Well actually I believe there was one actor who did in fact die. That said, we'll never have access to his medical records and you can't believe the media any more with their political agendas so we'll never know if he had an underlying condition or not.

Have not heard when the funerals were held or to be held. Seems like everyone believes a positive test result = death... Still waiting for the first celebrity, politician, or pro athlete to die as well...

Joe Diffie is a pretty famous country music star who died of COVID complications back in March. Herman Cain, who ran for president back in 2012, died about 2 weeks ago of COVID. Not sure of any professional athletes, but I do know one of the Boston Red Sox pitchers has been placed on the IR indefinitely due to lung and heart damage.

Reactions: Melmc
Joe Diffie is a pretty famous country music star who died of COVID complications back in March. Herman Cain, who ran for president back in 2012, died about 2 weeks ago of COVID. Not sure of any professional athletes, but I do know one of the Boston Red Sox pitchers has been placed on the IR indefinitely due to lung and heart damage.
Diffie was older and had several comorbidities including I think diabetes. Rodriquez seems to had some inflammation of his heart but says he feels fine now. Mayo's told him to take another week off and wait for his next test results in a week or so. Cain was 75 and a stage 4 cancer survivor. I'm not positive but I believe he had some kidney disease and other problems association with that treatment and his age.

Joe Diffie had a TON of health issues, to say it was covid that did him in is misleading and why a lot of the country just doesn't believe there isn't an effort to create chaos and an over reaction to this virus for political gain. BTW-I loved Diffie, one of my favorites, and I was sad to see him pass but happy he is no longer suffering, but Covid? Puhleese.

Reactions: dinglefritz

Herman Cain died WITH Covid. He had been battling cancer for some time.

I do believe Herman Cain's cancer was in remission, but he would still have been in the more susceptible category.

Reactions: Antwill
I believe he was cancer free at the time he died from COVID.

Looks like you're right, but I'm sure the cancer weakened his system. I also believe he was diabetic. Again, there are very few cases of Covid killing healthy people regardless of age. I believe that average age of covid caused deaths still exceeds societal life expectancy.

There is a segment of the population that has legitimate reason to fear this virus (over 65 and immunocompromised), but the rest of society shouldn't be derailed for that small demographic. In addition, that demographic should also have the right to decide what risk they wish to take. If I'm in that group, I'm not sacrificing my limited time with kids and grandkids.

Looks like you're right, but I'm sure the cancer weakened his system. I also believe he was diabetic. Again, there are very few cases of Covid killing healthy people regardless of age. I believe that average age of covid caused deaths still exceeds societal life expectancy.

There is a segment of the population that has legitimate reason to fear this virus (over 65 and immunocompromised), but the rest of society shouldn't be derailed for that small demographic. In addition, that demographic should also have the right to decide what risk they wish to take. If I'm in that group, I'm not sacrificing my limited time with kids and grandkids.
If you are obese and/or diabetic, youth isn't protective. In fact healthy older people are probably at lower risk than a 30 year old diabetic obese person. Those are the only ones we've had die in their 30s from COVID around here. Actually the number of people with comorbidities is really a fairly high demographic. We're old, fat and have a lot of people with asthma.

the media wants everyone to believe that cases=deaths.
Its working on a lot of people.

Nothing is differentiated for deaths with covid instead of from covid.

Nothing is ever said about survived covid.

Having some health issues myself, I haven’t changed my life for this stupid virus. Saw my Dad after surgery at Methodist, the screener took my temp and asked some questions pertaining to China Virus, not since February. Screener freaked out. Was tested for flu, pneumonia, and strep. All negative, given a scrip for an upper respiratory infection.

Reactions: huskerfan1414
Having some health issues myself, I haven’t changed my life for this stupid virus. Saw my Dad after surgery at Methodist, the screener took my temp and asked some questions pertaining to China Virus, not since February. Screener freaked out. Was tested for flu, pneumonia, and strep. All negative, given a scrip for an upper respiratory infection.
giphy.gif

FREEDOM DAMNIT

Reactions: leodisflowers
If you are obese and/or diabetic, youth isn't protective. In fact healthy older people are probably at lower risk than a 30 year old diabetic obese person. Those are the only ones we've had die in their 30s from COVID around here. Actually the number of people with comorbidities is really a fairly high demographic. We're old, fat and have a lot of people with asthma.

Just read that 90% of covid deaths are in the 55+ age demographic. And poor health makes one more susceptible to death from all illnesses. Would be interested to see if Covid is more deadly to those people than other similar viruses.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT