ADVERTISEMENT

JUCO DT Taylor Lewis Plans Visit

Some of those late JUCO guys are waiting to be cleared due to grades and passing classes. I don't think though that necessarily because they're late signees that automatically means they have no football talent.
With a lot of those guys, talent is not the issue.

Reactions: BleedRed78
With a lot of those guys, talent is not the issue.

You are right about that. I see so many JUCO kids at my gym out here in California that have the size and the physical tools to be DI players but they just lack the mental aspect, whether it's the X's and O's or just the competitive drive. All those times you hear pro athletes talk about the mental part being 90% of the game they are not BSing you.

You are right about that. I see so many JUCO kids at my gym out here in California that have the size and the physical tools to be DI players but they just lack the mental aspect, whether it's the X's and O's or just the competitive drive. All those times you hear pro athletes talk about the mental part being 90% of the game they are not BSing you.
Getting a big kid with all of the physical tools who is also a student, with a good motor, decent maturity level and mental toughness is pretty hard to find unless you're Alabama or Georgia. Finding one out of juco in May would be nearly impossible.

Reactions: BleedRed78
Getting a big kid with all of the physical tools who is also a student, with a good motor, decent maturity level and mental toughness is pretty hard to find unless you're Alabama or Georgia. Finding one out of juco in May would be nearly impossible.
We do need depth there though, so why not huh?

Reactions: Mrs.Jeans15
When a player says that he was "shocked to receive an offer", that could mean that maybe we should save the scholarship for someone a little more deserving. Just saying. I'm sure that he will be a "diamond in the rough", so I 'm probably way off base.
I mean I think that’s just being nice/good person. A full ride scholarship is a big deal and showing a little gratitude to even somewhere you’d never go is a good sign of character in my opinion.

Stanley Jean-Baptiste committed in June after getting a late offer.
I was at the ucla game in lincoln when we had black unis I think and my greatest memory of SJB is he made a int and i looked at the lady next to me and she had to be late 50s early 60s and she screams out... thats right stanley...lock that shit down!! I laugh everytime i hear his name now... good times

I was at the ucla game in lincoln when we had black unis I think and my greatest memory of SJB is he made a int and i looked at the lady next to me and she had to be late 50s early 60s and she screams out... thats right stanley...lock that shit down!! I laugh everytime i hear his name now... good times

You hear some funny shit from middle aged women at memorial some times. My favorite was the one that laid 13 vs Baylor with RG3 when we won by 12. I had laid 9.5 early in the week and was laughing my balls off at her vocabulary.

Maybe Arkansas has a better throne for the photo shots. Winking

giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT