ADVERTISEMENT

JUCO DT Taylor Lewis Plans Visit

Never can have enough big bodies.

Flash that cash.
Funny story a buddy told me about "flashing cash". He and a friend who had a seat on the Chicago Merc were at a bar after an Iowa vs Illinois football game in Iowa City. They were seated in a window and the line to get in was right by their window. The Illinois cheerleaders were waiting to get in to the bar and his buddy was taking 100 dollar bills, licking them and sticking them to the window. The whole cheerleading team came in and sat with them. As the bar was closing the cheerleaders were in the process of getting in his buddy's conversion van when a school representative stopped them.

Turned out his buddy stayed in touch with one of the girls and ended up marrying her. Still married 40 years later he says.

Funny story a buddy told me about "flashing cash". He and a friend who had a seat on the Chicago Merc were at a bar after an Iowa vs Illinois football game in Iowa City. They were seated in a window and the line to get in was right by their window. The Illinois cheerleaders were waiting to get in to the bar and his buddy was taking 100 dollar bills, licking them and sticking them to the window. The whole cheerleading team came in and sat with them. As the bar was closing the cheerleaders were in the process of getting in his buddy's conversion van when a school representative stopped them.

Turned out his buddy stayed in touch with one of the girls and ended up marrying her. Still married 40 years later he says.
That's an awesome love story...lol

Reactions: HuskerO
Awesome we got 2 D-lineman, now for the love of god please on focus on 1-2 O-lineman ASAP. We have our WR group, our QB, RB, (Tight end is questionable with our starter and the Fidone injury shrouded in mystery).

Then what they're doing to try and find a true safety that can actually tackle another football player. I'm still not really jumping for joy with our core starting middle linebackers or Tannor. Caleb has been here for 6 years and gets more penalties than sacks.

Last edited:

That is awesome. Crack me up that a school rep was kock blocking. Licking the bill did make me a little sick to my stomach though !!

One of the main recruiter guys at 247 just put in a crystal ball for us....

giphy.gif

Reactions: SOHusker11
Awesome we got 2 D-lineman, now for the love of god please on focus on 1-2 O-lineman ASAP. We have our WR group, our QB, RB, (Tight end is questionable with our starter and the Fidone injury shrouded in mystery).

Then what they're doing to try and find a true safety that can actually tackle another football player. I'm still not really jumping for joy with our core starting middle linebackers or Tannor. Caleb has been here for 6 years and gets more penalties than sacks.
The O-Line has bodies once everyone gets healthy, they just need to be coached and play better. The D-Line has low numbers along with young raw freshman. Not a bad idea to add guys who actually played snaps.

Like the old New Jersey pipeline we had back in the day…

Let’s start a pipeline to poach Alabama and LSU’s 4-5 stars who want to play right away and not stuck behind future NFL first round draft picks and 6 other five stars.

How about start a pipeline somewhere/anywhere that doesn’t leak? Then coach the players up so Nebraska can win more games. Winking

apply-wrap.gif

Reactions: huntered
Like the old New Jersey pipeline we had back in the day…

Let’s start a pipeline to poach Alabama and LSU’s 4-5 stars who want to play right away and not stuck behind future NFL first round draft picks and 6 other five stars.
Hiw about we recruit and develop our own talent instead of relying on picking up players from other teams who were not playing for a reason.

Picking up players who weren't already playing?

Starter at Tex Tech
Starter at Texas
Starter at Montana
Starter at TCU
Starter at NMSU
Contributor at LSU

The vast majority of our portal pickups have played a lot of football. If we pick up a guy or two from places like Ohio St, Bama, or Florida that havent cracked those 2 deeps.....I'm not going to be opposed.

Starter at Tex Tech
Starter at Texas
Starter at Montana
Starter at TCU
Starter at NMSU
Contributor at LSU

The vast majority of our portal pickups have played a lot of football. If we pick up a guy or two from places like Ohio St, Bama, or Florida that havent cracked those 2 deeps.....I'm not going to be opposed.
NFL WR in Sam Toure, potentially the best true Quarterback we’ve had in over 10+ years, Palmer from LSU who’s our #1 receiver and probably return man too.

Reactions: BleedRed78
When a player says that he was "shocked to receive an offer", that could mean that maybe we should save the scholarship for someone a little more deserving. Just saying. I'm sure that he will be a "diamond in the rough", so I 'm probably way off base.

Reactions: steveselko
When a player says that he was "shocked to receive an offer", that could mean that maybe we should save the scholarship for someone a little more deserving. Just saying. I'm sure that he will be a "diamond in the rough", so I 'm probably way off base.
How many of these late juco pickups have worked out? Frost has brought in a couple juco DBs who never played a down. Callahan signed two or three juco WRs who never played. I'm sure I'm forgetting someone, but I can't think of a single time where it didn't hurt the program.

Lewis will be
How many of these late juco pickups have worked out? Frost has brought in a couple juco DBs who never played a down. Callahan signed two or three juco WRs who never played. I'm sure I'm forgetting someone, but I can't think of a single time where it didn't hurt the program.
Pheldarius was from a CC in PA and he was a decent depth player and is now onto VaTech.

Reactions: BleedRed78
Lewis will be

Pheldarius was from a CC in PA and he was a decent depth player and is now onto VaTech.
We always think the next guy will be the one. As for Payne, I don't remember him as a late addition but I agree with you that he is a good player.

He can take a few snaps a game and that’s all we need

This is why that I am a member of HOL! Great story! Reminds me of the time a Husker buddy and I met Don Gill & family at Misty's in Lincoln! Qb Turner Gill' football year! Introduced us 2 to all of his family! Very nice family, of course we had been consuming our favorite beverages all day!!

I'm talking about guys who are brought in after the spring signing period.
Some of those late JUCO guys are waiting to be cleared due to grades and passing classes. I don't think though that necessarily because they're late signees that automatically means they have no football talent.

Reactions: dinglefritz
He can take a few snaps a game and that’s all we need
I agree. Got to keep those DL guys fresh. Lewis is a lunchpail guy which works for me. I think this offer also puts pressure on Wynn to make a decision following his visit.

Reactions: Dierking1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT