ADVERTISEMENT

Joseph is N!!!

Juco's can absolutely be an advantage if done properly. Frost seems to go nationwide but we have an advantage with the Kansas jucos being that they can unofficial within driving distance. Plus, Held is already an ace recruiter and throw in his juco head coaching experience and I think he has a leg up against almost anyone in the country. No one should be better at walking into small town kansas and telling a kid what he wants to hear.

I'm willing to give Frost a pass on his first couple of juco classes. We had a badly depleted roster and he took some chances to try and build short term depth. I think you'll see a higher success rate as we build the roster.

A mixed bag of recruiting is what we need to try and claw our way back and jucos fit that mold. Think about what a randy Gregory or lavonte david type player would do for our team right now.
So far the jucos haven’t exactly panned out for coach frost, more failures than success. That’s one thing Tom was weary about by recruiting jucos

So far the jucos haven’t exactly panned out for coach frost, more failures than success. That’s one thing Tom was weary about by recruiting jucos
I realize that but we weren't exactly recruiting elite athletes the first couple of years either. Mills and d Williams were starters. Honas played. They took chances on some guys and missed. That was because they needed bodies and if you miss on a juco it usually only takes up a scholly for 2 years. Hopefully we get more selective going forward.

I realize that but we weren't exactly recruiting elite athletes the first couple of years either. Mills and d Williams were starters. Honas played. They took chances on some guys and missed. That was because they needed bodies and if you miss on a juco it usually only takes up a scholly for 2 years. Hopefully we get more selective going forward.

Both Nadab Joseph and Omar Manning will be starters this year.

Juco's can absolutely be an advantage if done properly. Frost seems to go nationwide but we have an advantage with the Kansas jucos being that they can unofficial within driving distance. Plus, Held is already an ace recruiter and throw in his juco head coaching experience and I think he has a leg up against almost anyone in the country. No one should be better at walking into small town kansas and telling a kid what he wants to hear.

I'm willing to give Frost a pass on his first couple of juco classes. We had a badly depleted roster and he took some chances to try and build short term depth. I think you'll see a higher success rate as we build the roster.

A mixed bag of recruiting is what we need to try and claw our way back and jucos fit that mold. Think about what a randy Gregory or lavonte david type player would do for our team right now.
I wonder how long junior college football will remain economically viable? Maybe not much longer given the impact that COVID-19 is having on schools.

If it helps any, even the OU Sooners are hitting the JUCO market up. They are more so on the defensive side of the ball but they are still hitting the JUCO levels fairly well.

Myself, I don’t consider D Williams and W Honas as misses.....

Will Honas had a solid year last year. He finished the year second on the team in tackles with 73, with six TFLs and one sack. He should be the starter again this year, unless Nick Henrichs or Mauga-Clements ever jump him. Which is possible.

D Williams should have been a multi year starter himself had he not gotten hurt. He actually had a high PFF rating before he was hurt. If D Williams plays this whole season (rather it’s 5 games or 9) he could find himself in next years draft class (maybe a 5-7 rounder).

Last edited:
I wonder how long junior college football will remain economically viable? Maybe not much longer given the impact that COVID-19 is having on schools.

I would think there are going to be a lot of good players that will be headed JUCO due to COVID. There could be a lot of players that lose a senior season that they need to get an offer. How many recruits are ‘late bloomers’ or are behind a P5 player at a major HS program their junior year and need to their senior year? Or how many guys like Bootle are there that hot noticed at a camp?

My guess is the JUCO market in the next 2-4 years may be extremely fruitful.

completely agree with this.

Nadab Joseph will find himself owning a Blackshirt at some point this year and onto the next year or 2. I don’t see him jumping Cam Taylor-Britt or Bootle this year but he could take the nickel DB spot. Then next year he’d be in line to take Bootles side at CB.

Omar Manning, he appears to have more talent and size then some of our best WRs over the last several years. We had Morgan putting up 1,000 plus yards and looking like an All BIG 10 caliber WR...Omar Manning should be able to match that at the very least (talent wise). Omar Manning will be a day one starter, no question about it.

Last edited:
Reactions: SomedayHusker
ShadowyPowerfulAstarte-size_restricted.gif

I would be shocked if Joseph was starting this year. He looks more like a project player to me. I think Cam and Bootle have CB locked up.
I'm not sure Cam or Bootle are true lockdown corners. I think Clark will push hard for PT and Joseph could too. Against spread teams I could see Clark/Joseph on the outside and Bootle at Nickel (especially against a guy like Moore).

I'm not sure Cam or Bootle are true lockdown corners. I think Clark will push hard for PT and Joseph could too. Against spread teams I could see Clark/Joseph on the outside and Bootle at Nickel (especially against a guy like Moore).

Cam and Bootle are multi-year starters and more than capable of holding things down. I think Braxton will play when they want to move Bootle around. I have seen nothing on Joseph's film that says he is going to contribute this year. Maybe someone in this thread can point me to some good film of him. Otherwise the claims he is going to start this year are just more recruiting-rankings/stars hype and fantasy.

Cam and Bootle are multi-year starters and more than capable of holding things down. I think Braxton will play when they want to move Bootle around. I have seen nothing on Joseph's film that says he is going to contribute this year. Maybe someone in this thread can point me to some good film of him. Otherwise the claims he is going to start this year are just more recruiting-rankings/stars hype and fantasy.

Best I have is this, Elijah Blades. Blades and Joseph are similar type talents and CBs and almost identical situations. Blades came right in and he was co-starter at CB for Texas A&M throughout the 2019 season. I’m not sure if Blades ever completely took over that CB spot or not but he was definitely getting snaps and minutes.

If Blades was doing that in the SEC at Texas A&M, then Nadab Joseph very well COULD do similar here as a Husker. But I do get it, two different players on two different teams. I’m just making a comparison that’s similar is all. And I’m not saying he will beat out Bootle or Taylor-Britt but he could push for playing time and possibly lock down the Nickel DB spot....COULD.

Last edited:
Our current corners are tertible.

Anyone should be able to come in and start id they are talented enough.

They literally picked on our corners last year

Last edited:
Best I have is this, Elijah Blades. Blades and Joseph are similar type talents and CBs and almost identical situations. Blades came right in and he was co-starter at CB for Texas A&M throughout the 2019 season. I’m not sure if Blades ever completely took over that CB spot or not but he was definitely getting snaps and minutes.

If Blades was doing that in the SEC at Texas A&M, then Nadab Joseph very well COULD do similar here as a Husker. But I do get it, two different players on two different teams. I’m just making a comparison that’s similar is all. And I’m not saying he will beat out Bootle or Taylor-Britt but he could push for playing time and possibly lock down the Nickel DB spot....COULD.

Go watch Blades' high school film. Dude is a rocket. Similar frames and that is about it.

Our current corners ate tertible.

Anyone should be able to come in and start 8d they are talented enough.

They literally picked on our corners last year

You are forgetting Lamar was one of our corners last year. I expect a much better secondary this year. Bootle and Cam will hold it down.

Go watch Blades' high school film. Dude is a rocket. Similar frames and that is about it.

actually the talents are similar too. both are athletic freaks with super high Sparq numbers. Joseph At the camp he showed out by running a 4.44-second 40-yard dash, jumping a 42-inch vertical and an 11-foot broad jump. Even their original rival rankings are close. Nadab Joseph even had A better offer list then Blades.

Last edited:
actually the talents are similar too. both are athletic freaks with super high square numbers. Joseph is said to be clocked at a 4.44 40 and had a 41-44 inch vertical and so on. Even their original rival rankings are close. Nadab Joseph even had A better offer list then Blades.

Film looks a lot different between the two. Joseph more of a S from the looks of his film. Also does not display 4.4 speed anywhere in his film.

Film looks a lot different between the two. Joseph more of a S from the looks of his film. Also does not display 4.4 speed anywhere in his film.

How so? I think the twos films are similar, hell I actually like Josephs better and some of the top teams apparently agree with the offers. I guess it’s the eye of the beholder here. And it doesn’t matter what your opinion is of his speed. Joseph officially clocked that 40 time at a camp. All good though, we will all have different opinions.

Agreed, I didn't see anything in his highlight film that indicates he's going to displace Bootle or Taylor.

I don't know about Blades and don't really care. Compare the film to Deontai's and I was much more impressed with Deontai coming in.

Agreed, I didn't see anything in his highlight film that indicates he's going to displace Bootle or Taylor.

being fair, I don’t think anyone was claiming he would. Myself, I thought Joseph could push them but they also have Newsome and Clark pushing them as well. But I thought at some point he could possibly lock down the Nickel DB spot. But Clack and Newsome will have a say in that too. Great battles ahead, which is a great problem to have. GBR

My gut keeps telling me that we'll flip Terrence Lewis when all is said and done! He's tweetin way too much Huskers for someone committed to another school, plus we have one of his close friends and teammate already committed. JMHO! GO BIG RED!!!

My gut keeps telling me that we'll flip Terrence Lewis when all is said and done! He's tweetin way too much Huskers for someone committed to another school, plus we have one of his close friends and teammate already committed. JMHO! GO BIG RED!!!
Isn't Newsome out with a bad injury? Or was that someone else?

Pretty sure he likes monetizing his 'followers'....

Stating the most obvious point but injuries will play a big role in who starts as it always does every year.

I will be shocked if he starts at CB this year. I believe he only played in 5 juco games so it's not like he was a juco all American or something. He also isn't even here.

Thrilled to have him but I've seen
nothing that indicates he's ready to start in the big ten. If he gets here in time for fall camp than plug him in on special teams and let him ease his way into cb.

NU has needed JUCO guys to get scholarship-worthy bodies on the roster. They haven't all been hits but the talent has been there in many cases.

I still can't forgot Benning saying, "We got some guys who can't play." As in, they were still stuck having guys on that roster who don't belong in a D1 program.

Greg Bell was starting before he decided to be an idiot, he would have been really helpful last year.

You miss on a bunch of guys whether they're HS or JUCO, for some reason we don't bother remembering the HS guys like we do the JUCOs.

All you can do is get guys with the physical tools on campus and play the numbers from there. Thrilled to see us exploiting that SEC policy and getting guys who wanted to go to Top 5 programs in here.

I will be shocked if he starts at CB this year. I believe he only played in 5 juco games so it's not like he was a juco all American or something. He also isn't even here.

Thrilled to have him but I've seen
nothing that indicates he's ready to start in the big ten. If he gets here in time for fall camp than plug him in on special teams and let him ease his way into cb.

I get your sceptaeism but he was and is ranked as the top CB and the 3rd overall best JUCO in the country by all 3 recruiting sites (ESPN, Rivals and 24/7) and yes, that’s with only 5 games played. If he played in all games, he’d no doubt been an JUCO all American.

From all the articles written on him, he chose to sit out one year (redshirt year) and then had a mix of being hurt and purposely missing his final 3 games to focus on grades, which is why he only played 5 games. But those few games was enough for the Big 3 recruiting sites to tab him as the best CB and 3rd overall player in the country for JUCOs. He clearly has the talent.

Now I do agree, I don’t see him beating out Bootle or Cam Taylor-Britt. But with his talent level, he should be able to compete for the nickel down CB/safety spot. Him locking down that spot wouldn’t surprise me a bit.

I get your sceptaeism but he was and is ranked as the top CB and the 3rd overall best JUCO in the country by all 3 recruiting sites (ESPN, Rivals and 24/7) and yes, that’s with only 5 games played. If he played in all games, he’d no doubt been an JUCO all American.

From all the articles written on him, he chose to sit out one year (redshirt year) and then had a mix of being hurt and purposely missing his final 3 games to focus on grades, which is why he only played 5 games. But those few games was enough for the Big 3 recruiting sites to tab him as the best CB and 3rd overall player in the country for JUCOs. He clearly has the talent.

Now I do agree, I don’t see him beating out Bootle or Cam Taylor-Britt. But with his talent level, he should be able to compete for the nickel down CB/safety spot. Him locking down that spot wouldn’t surprise me a bit.

I can almost guarantee you his ranking isn't based on his time at juco. Its 100% based on the fact that he could have gone to bama or georgia.

I can almost guarantee you his ranking isn't based on his time at juco. Its 100% based on the fact that he could have gone to bama or georgia.

One thing I can guarantee you is that was 100% opinion, not fact. Maybe if it was one recruiting site, but all 3 of the Big 3 agreeing on the same ranking??? Not to mention Bama and George have moved on awhile ago. It was the Huskers, Arizona, Illinois, and West Virginia that was battling for him the final months...yet he remained top 3 and the Top CB. Believe what you want my man but one things for certain, he’s a legit talent at CB.

not to mention, if that was a fact about him being ranked that high because of Bama or Georgia option, then why isn’t this guy the top ranked CB or in the Top 3 rankings....just saying. This guy also had the Bama option and he actually committed and signed with them...yet he remains the 4th ranked CB and 10th overall JUCO player.

Last edited:
Reactions: WHCSC
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT