ADVERTISEMENT

Joseph is N!!!

yuge-300x200.jpg

This makes losing Gray and Francois feel WAY better.

In my opinion, losing them really sucks, but we will have shots at guys of their caliber every year. I think COVID is honestly what screwed it up for those Florida guys this year (among other things). Landing a freak of a corner for the next two years to play in our already very stacked backfield RULES.

This makes losing Gray and Francois feel WAY better.

In my opinion, losing them really sucks, but we will have shots at guys of their caliber every year. I think COVID is honestly what screwed it up for those Florida guys this year (among other things). Landing a freak of a corner for the next two years to play in our already very stacked backfield RULES.

agreed now make that 3 years....;)

He is a 3 for 3 guy. 3 years of eligibility

Reactions: red scowl
Weren't schools saying last year that Fisher was taking a job at another school to keep kids from committing around signing day.

Reactions: headcard
OK, did he say when he arrives in Lincoln?

Update: I see the LJS article is implying that he has not yet finally qualified and has not yet had his transcripts cleared by the University. That confuses me but here is the quote I've read:

"... once Joseph has the summer school work completed — it’s unclear exactly when that might be — and the transcript has been reviewed and signed off on by Nebraska’s compliance department, he will arrive on campus."

Makes you wonder if the celebration might be a bit premature.

Last edited:
OK, did he say when he arrives in Lincoln?

Update: I see the LJS article is implying that he has not yet finally qualified and has not yet had his transcripts cleared by the University. That confuses me but here is the quote I've read:

"... once Joseph has the summer school work completed — it’s unclear exactly when that might be — and the transcript has been reviewed and signed off on by Nebraska’s compliance department, he will arrive on campus."

Makes you wonder if the celebration might be a bit premature.

Every kid will make grades and be eligible this year, every kid.

With as well as we do recruiting JUCOs and prep school players maybe we should get a few more?

An exceptional talent, but another JUCO. I hope the coaches are doing their homework. It can work for some programs if they bring in the right people (and that includes more than just athletic talent). We're up to over 10% of our scholarships as JUCO transfers. 6 JUCOs in the 2020 class alone if I counted right. Mills is the only JUCO so far that I can recall who's really produced from Frost's classes. If Honas (and Williams) hadn't been hurt, maybe there'd be more. This coming season there'd better be a lot more contributing.

Juco's can absolutely be an advantage if done properly. Frost seems to go nationwide but we have an advantage with the Kansas jucos being that they can unofficial within driving distance. Plus, Held is already an ace recruiter and throw in his juco head coaching experience and I think he has a leg up against almost anyone in the country. No one should be better at walking into small town kansas and telling a kid what he wants to hear.

I'm willing to give Frost a pass on his first couple of juco classes. We had a badly depleted roster and he took some chances to try and build short term depth. I think you'll see a higher success rate as we build the roster.

A mixed bag of recruiting is what we need to try and claw our way back and jucos fit that mold. Think about what a randy Gregory or lavonte david type player would do for our team right now.

ADVERTISEMENT