ADVERTISEMENT

Joseph is N!!!

One thing I can guarantee you is that was 100% opinion, not fact. Maybe if it was one recruiting site, but all 3 of the Big 3 agreeing on the same ranking??? Not to mention Bama and George have moved on awhile ago. It was the Huskers, Arizona, Illinois, and West Virginia that was battling for him the final months...yet he remained top 3 and the Top CB. Believe what you want my man but one things for certain, he’s a legit talent at CB.

not to mention, if that was a fact about him being ranked that high because of Bama or Georgia option, then why isn’t this guy the top ranked CB or in the Top 3 rankings....just saying. This guy also had the Bama option and he actually committed and signed with them...yet he remains the 4th ranked CB and 10th overall JUCO player.

First of all, I'm very excited to get his commitment. And I was referring to the fact that he could have gone to bama or georgia out of h.s.

You kind of make my point by showing Ronald William's. It appears he was a lightly recruited qb out of Louisiana before juco, then tore it up and is now a juco all American going to bama. He was actually productive. Our guy wasn't. Our guy got his ranking off h.s. production and his measurables. That's why I'm saying people should temper the immediate expectations. I think he'll be good, just probably not this year.

OK, did he say when he arrives in Lincoln?

Update: I see the LJS article is implying that he has not yet finally qualified and has not yet had his transcripts cleared by the University. That confuses me but here is the quote I've read:

"... once Joseph has the summer school work completed — it’s unclear exactly when that might be — and the transcript has been reviewed and signed off on by Nebraska’s compliance department, he will arrive on campus."

Makes you wonder if the celebration might be a bit premature.
They got Mo Washington in.....

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
First of all, I'm very excited to get his commitment. And I was referring to the fact that he could have gone to bama or georgia out of h.s.

You kind of make my point by showing Ronald William's. It appears he was a lightly recruited qb out of Louisiana before juco, then tore it up and is now a juco all American going to bama. He was actually productive. Our guy wasn't. Our guy got his ranking off h.s. production and his measurables. That's why I'm saying people should temper the immediate expectations. I think he'll be good, just probably not this year.

He was injured a lot during his Juco season. Hard to be productive when you're not playing.

Reactions: huskerssalts
He was injured a lot during his Juco season. Hard to be productive when you're not playing.
He played 5 games in 2 years, not exactly a positive sign that he's going to come in and start in the big ten his first year.

Is all I'm saying is tap the brakes a little, we've seen this many times before, including last year with Green. People were talking about Green leaving early for the NFL and has he even played 30 snaps yet? Just because your a hot shot juco who was recruited by the sec doesn't mean your going to come in and start right away.

good deal, so am I. I’m stoked the man is going to be a Husker. Now stop beating that drum. He didn’t get that rating because Georgia and Bama recruited him months ago. Again, when Rivals, ESPN and 24/7 all give a guy the same rating...that says something. End of story. Dudes a legit talent...GBR

He played 5 games in 2 years, not exactly a positive sign that he's going to come in and start in the big ten his first year.

Is all I'm saying is tap the brakes a little, we've seen this many times before, including last year with Green. People were talking about Green leaving early for the NFL and has he even played 30 snaps yet? Just because your a hot shot juco who was recruited by the sec doesn't mean your going to come in and start right away.

you are taking an ant hill and turning it into a mountain my man. No one is saying, again, NO ONE is saying he will come in and be a starter right out of the gates. At best, there was a few of us (myself included) guessing he could battle for the nickel down spot and that’s very realistic with a talent like his. That’s all.

Now, If you disagree with the Big 3 recruiting sites rankings, then that’s on you. Myself, when I see all 3 recruiting sites seeing the same thing and agreeing on the same exact rating, I have learned over the years...it usually pans out.

Last edited:
Per Callahan, Joseph has arrived at NU. Guess it's official.
But he has to go through a quarantine period and then be tested for the virus before he can actually join in team activities. Not sure how many days the quarantine period is for a football player, whether it's 14 days or something less than that. In any case I think he's likely to miss some valuable camp practice time. But I'm still very happy/pleased that he made it.

But he has to go through a quarantine period and then be tested for the virus before he can actually join in team activities. Not sure how many days the quarantine period is for a football player, whether it's 14 days or something less than that. In any case I think he's likely to miss some valuable camp practice time. But I'm still very happy/pleased that he made it.

that’s something he’d had to of done regardless. The plus side is he got his grades needed to get here and now apart of the team.

He may start practicing on time or he may miss a few practices. I’m just glad he made grade and got here. We will see how it all plays out after that. Just adding him helps jump out talent levels that much higher....GBR

that’s something he’d had to of done regardless. The plus side is he got his grades needed to get here and now apart of the team.

He may start practicing on time or he may miss a few practices. I’m just glad he made grade and got here. We will see how it all plays out after that. Just adding him helps jump out talent levels that much higher....GBR
I'm happy he made it as well, no question about that. I'm just reminding everyone he has to miss some fall camp practice time with this late arrival. ALL players have to go through a quarantine period before they can physically join in team activities.

Reactions: TheBeav815
I'm happy he made it as well, no question about that. I'm just reminding everyone he has to miss some fall camp practice time with this late arrival. ALL players have to go through a quarantine period before they can physically join in team activities.
Of course the start of fall camp is a pretty fluid date right now. He may not miss any time.

Reactions: huskerssalts
This man has some skills...this is what you call a freak athlete that can do it all. I see why he was an easy Top 100 talent coming out of High School. Take a look at this video clip.

He can play CB or Safety....standing at 6’2-6’3 200 pounds (minimum). I’m glad he’s got 3 years of eligibility and by the time we play again, he will be up to speed and ready to rock. GBR

This man has some skills...this is what you call a freak athlete that can do it all. I see why he was an easy Top 100 talent coming out of High School. Take a look at this video clip. He can play CB or Safety....standing at 6’2-6’3 200 pounds (minimum). I’m glad he’s got 3 years of eligibility and by the time we play again, he will be up to speed and ready to rock. GBR

Holy crap he cleared that with ease!

ADVERTISEMENT