ADVERTISEMENT

Jordy Tshimanga asks for release (Again)

He’s a loss purely because he had height and mass, but he’s not a huge loss and shouldn’t change what the team was trying to accomplish this coming season.

And while I understand the sentiment of “if you don’t want us, get out” I also can’t blame the guy. There was plenty of evidence that Miles and the Huskers were going to keep playing with a more athletic style and less of a standard big man set. If you’re a traditional “big man” without much quickness or vertical jump, it’s hard to see how you fit in this system. So I wish him luck finding a system that more fits his skill set. I certainly can’t blame a 20 year old for making this decision.

Th guy has so much potential. He just hasn’t improved that much. Best of luck.

He’s a loss purely because he had height and mass, but he’s not a huge loss and shouldn’t change what the team was trying to accomplish this coming season.

And while I understand the sentiment of “if you don’t want us, get out” I also can’t blame the guy. There was plenty of evidence that Miles and the Huskers were going to keep playing with a more athletic style and less of a standard big man set. If you’re a traditional “big man” without much quickness or vertical jump, it’s hard to see how you fit in this system. So I wish him luck finding a system that more fits his skill set. I certainly can’t blame a 20 year old for making this decision.

Agreed he's not a big loss. In fact, I think this is a positive in terms of the offensive side of the ball. But, we are now razor thin on warm bodies down low. I feel bad for Roby who will be forced to man the 5. I think Miles dropped the ball in not landing another big over the spring/summer. Still some time. We don't need someone who will come in and light it up but we do need another big who will be able to defend and eat up some minutes.

Reactions: dinglefritz
It would appear he doesn’t like coming off the bench to play...

Still it is a big loss because Miles needs someone to fill that spot coming off the bench.

Reactions: dinglefritz
giphy.gif

It'll be nice for the team to not have to deal with his drama. Lot's of positives, and they don't need the negativity that comes a long with him.

It would appear he doesn’t like coming off the bench to play...

Still it is a big loss because Miles needs someone to fill that spot coming off the bench.
Situational loss at the very least. We're going from having 2 legit big bodies to none. I figured this would happen but was crossing my fingers that he would stick.

I'm really going to miss seeing Jordy get the ball in the post and then dribble 15 times while he tries to figure out what he's going to do and then either trips over his own feet and falls down or someone pokes the ball away from him. Good riddance to him, and his brother. I question the timing as much as anything. Why not right after the season was over?

I doubt if this really impacts NU's record that much in the upcoming season, but I do think it lowers their ceiling. I was still holding out hope that perhaps the light bulb would come on for Tschimanga this year, at least allowing him to contribute a solid 18-20 minutes per game. Add that to the solid nucleus the Huskers currently have, and you have the makings of a very special season.

But looking at the situation more realistically, Tschimanga was probably more likely to keep jogging in place and not bringing a lot of production to the table. Time for both parties to just move on.

Reactions: Shermski77
At the very least he was injury insurance. Not sure how many times on here people have said you can't reach 6'11" so I wish he woudl have stayed and now I hope it works out for everyone. It does leave a hile, no way around that.

I'm really going to miss seeing Jordy get the ball in the post and then dribble 15 times while he tries to figure out what he's going to do and then either trips over his own feet and falls down or someone pokes the ball away from him. Good riddance to him, and his brother. I question the timing as much as anything. Why not right after the season was over?
Here's my assumption, which might be dangerous. I believe that they are coming off summer league or practice or whatever they label it. Saw the direction this thing was going and saw the handwriting on the wall. Heard a reporter on the radio the other night say that the team looked physically different than last year....in a good way. He was impressed.
So while the timing is questioned, better than In December or January again.

Here's my assumption, which might be dangerous. I believe that they are coming off summer league or practice or whatever they label it. Saw the direction this thing was going and saw the handwriting on the wall. Heard a reporter on the radio the other night say that the team looked physically different than last year....in a good way. He was impressed.
So while the timing is questioned, better than In December or January again.

I was hopeing that he was one of the ones included in looking physical during the summer workouts...

Like Truehusker said he was at least injury insurance in case we get a mishap during the season, now we’ll have to look elsewhere.

Reactions: huskerfan66

When Jordy committed to NU I commented at the time that I didn't know why any four star low post player would sign to play for Tim Miles and his "Doc Sadler offense". Well, here we are a few years later and Jordy is a foul prone defender who has not improved one bit under Tim Miles. Go figure. A low post player playing in a high screen & roll motion offense that has never featured getting the ball into the low post. The starting point guard has never actually made a post feed entry from the wing in three seasons. Playing for a staff that as far as I know has a perimeter coach but coaching the low posts is a "rotating" responsibility among whatever assistant isn't doing the scouting report, none of whom ever played the position.

So farewell to Jordy! As far as filling in for Jordy, I see no reason why Borchardt cannot fill Jordy's role of banging around, committing five fouls covering for teammates, and running around making ball screens all over the place. You don't need a four star recruit to do that.

I was hopeing that he was one of the ones included in looking physical during the summer workouts...

Like Truehusker said he was at least injury insurance in case we get a mishap during the season, now we’ll have to look elsewhere.
To be honest, I tuned in to the story part way in. It was a week or so ago on sports nightly and don't recall what reporter was talking. But he was really impressed with the way the team was doing and looked. Especially the guys that didn't go to the NBA. This was before Jordy asked for his release so I will give him credit for looking impessive too.

To be honest, I tuned in to the story part way in. It was a week or so ago on sports nightly and don't recall what reporter was talking. But he was really impressed with the way the team was doing and looked. Especially the guys that didn't go to the NBA. This was before Jordy asked for his release so I will give him credit for looking impessive too.
He hasn't practiced for the last month because of surgery.

Reactions: SOHusker11

Maybe he's leaving because he ran out of fouls to give.

Reactions: grayhairedfreak
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT