ADVERTISEMENT

Jordon Riley

Wow, didn't think we had room for him. Only other offer is East Carolina.
Offers are self reported by either the kid or sometimes his coach. He may have more than is shown. He's a kid who would most likely garner a LOT more interest after the early signing date is done. He's a grown man ready to contribute in the first game next fall.

Like this one a lot. He is built like those Oregon D-linemen now playing for the niners. He’s like an Armstead, Buckner type. If he is truly 330, he is the most put together 330 I’ve seen. Needed to find true Nose depth. Good pick up.

Like this one a lot. He is built like those Oregon D-linemen now playing for the niners. He’s like an Armstead, Buckner type. If he is truly 330, he is the most put together 330 I’ve seen. Needed to find true Nose depth. Good pick up.
Hopefully 330 with legs like tree trunks.

Reactions: headcard
310 according to TOS article.

giphy.gif

I like this a lot.

He looks SKINNY at 300, so put a good (ie. healthy) 30 more on him and he'll be really hard to move inside - we need dudes who the opposing O-Line can't push-around!

Really need Julius Coates over Payne now if you want your D-Line to look like a forest, which is what I'm assuming the staff's vision is.

Really need Julius Coates over Payne now if you want your D-Line to look like a forest, which is what I'm assuming the staff's vision is.
I think they like Payne better. Coates is a couple inches taller but Payne is strong and explosive. I’m not sure Coach T is as hung up on height as Dawson was.

Offers are self reported by either the kid or sometimes his coach. He may have more than is shown. He's a kid who would most likely garner a LOT more interest after the early signing date is done. He's a grown man ready to contribute in the first game next fall.

He definitely looks the part, and you can't have enough big defensive lineman. Just strange that a DT built like him wouldn't have any other major offers.

Reactions: CameronKrazie86
He definitely looks the part, and you can't have enough big defensive lineman. Just strange that a DT built like him wouldn't have any other major offers.

What do yo think about his explosiveness or lack thereof? Appears to look like Tarzan, but ...

Is this the most jucos Nebraska's ever had in one class? I'm not complaining, just curious. With as much attrition as they've had from some of the upperclassmen classes, this has gotta be a positive going forward from a scholarship standpoint.

Regardless, welcome! I am loving the emphasis on defensive players.

What do yo think about his explosiveness or lack thereof? Appears to look like Tarzan, but ...
His explosion leaves something to be desired not doubt about it!lol..I just keep picturing fleck say " I knew if we made their big guys move there would be gaps." Different ways to run the ball, teams are just gonna run it straight at you these days. I wanted to see more mobile guys in this year d line class. Hopefully Coates joins

Is this the most jucos Nebraska's ever had in one class? I'm not complaining, just curious. With as much attrition as they've had from some of the upperclassmen classes, this has gotta be a positive going forward from a scholarship standpoint.

Regardless, welcome! I am loving the emphasis on defensive players.
My take is that these coaches realize how important winning is going to be next year, so they are doing their best to fill some immediate needs now. Not only does this give us guys who can step-in and play day1 (at least that's the goal), but it allows the younger guys to continue developing so that they're both physically and mentally ready to play when their time comes. It's all about depth, depth, depth.

NT next year: Damion Daniels, Jakeem Green, and Deontre Thomas are going to do a lot of it. I think Stille starts at DE, with Robinson at the other end, and Wildeman, Rogers, and Newsome bouncing around in there too. Adding any of these JUDO d-linemen just helps with depth and sorting out attack packages, so it's all good.

NT next year: Damion Daniels, Jakeem Green, and Deontre Thomas are going to do a lot of it. I think Stille starts at DE, with Robinson at the other end, and Wildeman, Rogers, and Newsome bouncing around in there too. Adding any of these JUDO d-linemen just helps with depth and sorting out attack packages, so it's all good.

JUCO. Lol, JUDO CHOP!

Reactions: timnsun
Isn’t Judo sort of like wrestling? Wouldn’t want to get called for defensive holding too much...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT