ADVERTISEMENT

Jordan Westerkamp

Suvey101885

Sophomore
Dec 2, 2004
Omaha
After watching this highlight reel of Jordo I do believe we may have a Wes Welker type receiver.

Westerkamp might not be quite as elusive as Welker, but since he has been in Lincoln he seems a lot more explosive. I'd like to see what he can do with some five or seven and out routes. Make the first defender miss and gain 10, 15, or even take it to paydirt.

Last edited:
After watching this highlight reel of Jordo ( ) I do believe we may have a Wes Welker type receiver.

Westerkamp might not be quite as elusive as Welker, but since he has been in Lincoln he seems a lot more explosive. I'd like to see what he can do with some five or seven and out routes. Make the first defender miss and gain 10, 15, or even take it to paydirt.

What did I just watch?

Reactions: GretnaShawn
Westerkamp is not remotely as fast as Welker but IMO has much better hands. Westerkamp might have a future at the next level but it would likely have to be as kind of a possession receiver. Put the ball anywhere close and he'll likely catch it. I just think his lack of speed is really going to hurt his chances.

Shows what I know, I was thinking Steve Largent.
Largent was who came to my mind to just because of the hands. I just don't like using a HOF type players to compare a college wide receiver to. I think Westerkamp may be bigger than Largent but the rest of his skills appear similar to me.

We actually do pretty good head to head recruiting against Bama when its down to us and them.

ADVERTISEMENT