ADVERTISEMENT

Jordan Stevenson

Yes and no. Although I might share that sentiment I'm not going to get into that game. They are perennially top 10 and usually in the mix for national championships. There was many years that Alabama was irrelevant when we were in their current spot. I'm still proud of our school and our state.

At the same time, Melvin Gordon and Ameer Abdullah probably got more publicity last season than any RB has received under Saban, save for maybe Mark Ingram who won the Heisman. And even him, I'm not sure if he received as much pub throughout the season.

It seems that RBs in the B1G tend to get more publicity because they tend to be a bigger part of the offense as a % of total offense. So there's one logical reason why a good RB might pick Nebraska or Wisconsin over Alabama.

He will end up at Nebraska. If as he said, he's making up his mind in the next couple of days, I'd say his mind is already made up. He only has to get past his Mom, which from his words didn't seem as difficult as it was initially posed.

If I was an oddsmaker, I'd put Nebraska at 2-1 odds at most.

He will end up at Nebraska. If as he said, he's making up his mind in the next couple of days, I'd say his mind is already made up. He only has to get past his Mom, which from his words didn't seem as difficult as it was initially posed.

That was the feel I got from the Rivals piece. Sounds like he wants to be N, he just has to talk it over with his parents. Loved that mention of Riley leaving his vacation in TX to personally be there. I want the man to have some vacation time, don't get me wrong, but he understood what that particular, unexpected moment needed from him.

11752172_500031076820800_5334491029616869530_n.jpg

Reactions: TheBeav815
This kid could be a special player for Nebraska. Anytime the head coach is directly involved in a player's recruitment means they want them bad, kudos to Riley for taking time out of his vacation for this kid, that should speak volumes to the young man. I can already see this kid lining up next to DPE to return kickoffs this fall.

I'd put it at better than 2-1 odds (33%). With him having to make a decision by the end of the week, I'd put the odds at 66% or greater.

Talks about how he compares to Ameer and then says, "From here on out I plan on building my own legacy."

Sounds like he's all N to me.

Obviously the young man has a terrific opportunity at Nebraska and I would put our history of developing running backs up against any school, anywhere. TO's teams had great backs but I don't remember a time when there were so overloaded at the position that great ones didn't get playing time. Based on what I have read about Alabama's depth chart at the RB position, I could see that happening there. With that kind of situation kids don't get playing time and they end up sort of wasting great talent. In Lincoln, a truly great back will see the field, develop, and have excellent potential for a career in the NFL. Not to mention great support from the fans, fellow students and teammates, and, of course, the coaching staff. I see nothing but positives for Jordan in Lincoln, but please give him some room to make the best decision for himself and his future. GBR.

It was already an incredibly slim chance of him ending up here (don't care what recruiting guys say) and now that he is visiting Miami too, that 0.01% chance, just went to 0.000001%.
His mom wants Bama or Miami, which means he's going to end up at Bama or Miami.

It was already an incredibly slim chance of him ending up here (don't care what recruiting guys say) and now that he is visiting Miami too, that 0.01% chance, just went to 0.000001%.
His mom wants Bama or Miami, which means he's going to end up at Bama or Miami.
I'm kind of thinking the same thing. Nebraska is the "safe" pick right now for him. Keep them in your back pocket until you get the better offer and find the better school. I bet he picks Miami.

I'm kind of thinking the same thing. Nebraska is the "safe" pick right now for him. Keep them in your back pocket until you get the better offer and find the better school. I bet he picks Miami.

I'm still shocked that players want to go to Miami and play in front of less people than they did in high school.

Mom clearly likes southern schools for whatever reason. Anyone know if she was fully behind the Wisconsin commitment?

Its possible they are going just to see if they can catch a glimpse of Will Smith. If he goes there, will give our boys an opportunity to knock a couple of his teeth loose.

He had better take a long hard look at Miami's crappy O-line before he decides to go there.

Doubt it will take 4 years. Also, if Miami stinks it up again this year, he'll have a whole new coaching staff he'll get introduced to
That or they will have another NCAA violation to deal with knowing that program

Stevenson has great burst, above average patience. Needs to work on upper body strength and pass protection. Can be early contributor at a school that lacks clear cut starter. You`re welcome.

Stevenson has great burst, above average patience. Needs to work on upper body strength and pass protection. Can be early contributor at a school that lacks clear cut starter. You`re welcome.

In a different thread, you stated that Zig and Stevenson where basically the same style of RB. Care to explain that with what was quoted above. I think anyone can go look at their Hudl films and see those two are starkly different.

Serious question. Are you the same guy that kept saying he had all this insider information from a "booster of substance" when the new coach hiring was going on? I'm getting a strong sense of the same type of BS and egotistical writing style and skill.

Reactions: anon_umk0ifu6vj6zi
In a different thread, you stated that Zig and Stevenson where basically the same style of RB. Care to explain that with what was quoted above. I think anyone can go look at their Hudl films and see those two are starkly different.

Serious question. Are you the same guy that kept saying he had all this insider information from a "booster of substance" when the new coach hiring was going on? I'm getting a strong sense of the same type of BS and egotistical writing style and skill.
You must be thinkin about someone else. I don`t typically have too much knowledge with coaching searches. I focus more on HS talent evaluation and player development, usually involving significant travel in the Fall.

Was fortunate to go to skylines game last yr against cedar hill. Good contest. Lot of talent on the field, but I expect more this yr

"The U" still has national recognition...for now.

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU know it!!!!
What are your thoughts, if any, about whats best for him education wise? In passing, it seems Miami always has talent; but only excels when someone comes in and gives them discipline or order; whatever the " x-factor" is, then its back too problems. We have multiple recruits picking us as the best place as a student; and adding comments about coaches giving them their best NFL shot with fewer distractions.

RB denied entry at Wisconsin. Meets NCAA eligibility requirements. Looking for a school, and very interested in Nebraska.

http://247sports.com/Bolt/Teams-line-up-for-Stevenson-38375146
-Nebraska could be considered the very early "leader in the clubhouse" because of the Huskers' depth chart. Stevenson is scheduled to speak with head coach Mike Riley tonight via phone.

5-8 210 RB. 4-star recruit. Offers from everyone. Many schools are lining up trying to get him, so it appears like he has lots of options. He's far from a lock to NU, in fact, I'd be pleasantly surprised if he ends up here.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT