ADVERTISEMENT

Jordan Stevenson

Anyone know what Alabama's rb depth charts looks like? Based solely on playing time, Nebraska has to look very apealing to Jordan.

So, what do you think rrt? Do we get this kid and win a head to head recruiting battle with the mighty Crim$on Tide??

If he looks at the depth chart and he wants early PT then he will be a Husker. Bama is loaded at RB with a 5 star and 2 4 stars yet to see the field.

If he looks at the depth chart and he wants early PT then he will be a Husker. Bama is loaded at RB with a 5 star and 2 4 stars yet to see the field.
True, I also heard Bama is already at the 85 man scholarship limit. The joke is if they get this kid which one of their players suffers a "career ending injury" right after??;)

True, I also heard Bama is already at the 85 man scholarship limit. The joke is if they get this kid which one of their players suffers a "career ending injury" right after??;)
Satan will always find room for a guy he wants.

Odds on mom receiving a "new job opportunity" at the University of Alabama sometime this weekend?

Reactions: TheBeav815
Alabama just picked up this guy(Xavian Marks) this week. Saw something about Alabama being down to 3 healthy RB's. Unless Henry(?) at Alabama gets hurt or goes pro, I don't see how a guy coming in would get many carries for the next couple years.

Hopefully he has a bit of a chip on his shoulder about not getting admitted to UW and wants to stick it to them a few times.

Sounds like has taken the high road with
Hopefully he has a bit of a chip on his shoulder about not getting admitted to UW and wants to stick it to them a few times.
Sounds like he has taken the high road regarding the Wisconsin issue.

Mama likes Alabama, huh? Makes me wonder if this will come down to an issue of whose $upport $taff $eem$ more $upportive. And we all know Bama would win that race.

Dude already picked Wisconsin over numerous SEC and other big time offers. I think your opinion is a bit presumptuous and unfair.
I agree and not that it is likely to happen but if he reads this or his mom or a teammate or buddy and they show it to him...it just makes Husker fans look so lame. "I bet Mama could be looking for a handout"

its just an internet message board. im sure he knows its full of opinions.

hope mom can make the trip!

its just an internet message board. im sure he knows its full of opinions.

hope mom can make the trip!
I know and I am sure there is basically no chance of it being an issue, it just is one of those things.

The fact his mom likes Bama and she didn't even come on the Nebraska visit, would lead me to think its a 99.99% chance he'll go to Bama.
All the recruiting analysts always say mom is the deciding factor in virtually every decision like this.
Hoping he's one of the 0.01% guys that break the normal trend though, he'd be a great addition.

The fact his mom likes Bama and she didn't even come on the Nebraska visit, would lead me to think its a 99.99% chance he'll go to Bama.
All the recruiting analysts always say mom is the deciding factor in virtually every decision like this.
Hoping he's one of the 0.01% guys that break the normal trend though, he'd be a great addition.

I kind of think you might be right on this one.

If his mom looks realistically at his best chance to make it to the next level, she'll come around to NU. You can't show your stuff if you can't get on the field. Ameer would have never made it to the NFL as a RB if he had gone to Bama. He would have never got on the field.

I agree and not that it is likely to happen but if he reads this or his mom or a teammate or buddy and they show it to him...it just makes Husker fans look so lame. "I bet Mama could be looking for a handout"

Spoiler alert: If you get deep into message boards and Twitter mentions, fans from every school look like a bunch of obsessed morons. Kid should base his decision on where he wants to be, which staff he wants to play for over the next 4-5 years, and his own personal happiness. Not the internet.

Spoiler alert: If you get deep into message boards and Twitter mentions, fans from every school look like a bunch of obsessed morons. Kid should base his decision on where he wants to be, which staff he wants to play for over the next 4-5 years, and his own personal happiness. Not the internet.
I could not agree more! But...I am sure you can agree there is a good chance he will base his happiness on what his mom wants...just like most of have and one time or another.

I could not agree more! But...I am sure you can agree there is a good chance he will base his happiness on what his mom wants...just like most of have and one time or another.

You never know. For some kids, the best way to guarantee they do something is for their parents to want them not to.

If his mom looks realistically at his best chance to make it to the next level, she'll come around to NU.

It's funny because bama fans are saying the exact same thing...but about Alabama. That if Stevenson and his mother would look at the big picture, they'd realize going to bama is the only way he'd ever make it to the NFL.
They are truly perplexed as to why anyone would want to play at Nebraska. They are wondering if he has some kind of previous link to either the state or coaching staff, because according to them, no player in their right mind would choose Nebraska over Alabama.

It's funny because bama fans are saying the exact same thing...but about Alabama. That if Stevenson and his mother would look at the big picture, they'd realize going to bama is the only way he'd ever make it to the NFL.
They are truly perplexed as to why anyone would want to play at Nebraska. They are wondering if he has some kind of previous link to either the state or coaching staff, because according to them, no player in their right mind would choose Nebraska over Alabama.

They can go F themselves.

They can go F themselves.

Yes and no. Although I might share that sentiment I'm not going to get into that game. They are perennially top 10 and usually in the mix for national championships. There was many years that Alabama was irrelevant when we were in their current spot. I'm still proud of our school and our state.

Stevenson talks Nebraska visit

Sean Callahan
HuskerOnline.com Publisher

Related Links:

Fall Camp Preview: WRExclusive Tunnel Talk
Talk about it in Red Sea Scrolls

The clock is ticking for 2015 four-star Dallas South Oak Cliff running back Jordan Stevenson.

After not being admitted into Wisconsin this past week, Stevenson has about a week to figure out his future plans. The new Nebraska staff led by secondary coach Brian Stewart and linebackers coach Trent Bray wasted no time making sure Stevenson knew there was a place for him in Lincoln.

JORDAN-STEVENSON-140311-1.JPG
spacer1.gif

spacer1.gif

2015 Dallas South Oak Cliff RB Jordan Stevenson said he will have his decision made by this week.
Stevenson has already been academically cleared to NU, and he hopped on a plane Saturday night for a two-day official visit that ended Monday afternoon.

"It was good man, it was a good experience," Stevenson said of his trip to Lincoln. "I got to see the different things about the University first off academic wise and just how everything went. Also the athletic department is really good. It's a family unit. Everybody does get along. It was great.

"Really I got interest after the program reached out to me. I saw how important I was to them. I fell for Nebraska and I just really took the opportunity to go up there and visit."

Stevenson was hosted by New Orleans Edna Carr true freshman linebacker Tyrin Ferguson, who he referred to as his "brother." The two have a relationship that dates back earlier this year from playing in a high school all-star game together.

Head coach Mike Riley spent quite a bit of time with Stevenson this week in Lincoln as well. Riley was on his vacation down in Texas and came back early to be with Stevenson.

"He's a very good coach and he has a lot to offer," Stevenson said of Riley. "He's reaching out to help me and I really appreciate that from coach. He's a very good guy, very down to earth and he just wants to see his guys succeed."

Riley also had strong words of praise about how bad he would like to have Stevenson at Nebraska.

"When I talked to (Riley) he just said 'look man, we need you, you are good kid and we have your best interest at heart,'" Stevenson said. "He said you can come in here as a true freshman and be a big impact to this team."

The timeline going forward is still up in the air for Stevenson. As of late Monday afternoon he does not have any other official visits scheduled, but there's always the chance that could change.

spacer1.gif
1678722.jpg

spacer1.gif

Nebraska head coach Mike Riley came off his vacation early to be with Stevenson on his visit in Lincoln this week.
One thing though is certain - time is at the essence. A decision will made by Ferguson in the coming days and no later than this week.

"I'm not for sure at this point, but it's a possibility," Stevenson said when asked if he'll take more visits. "I'm not sure what other schools I'd visit at this point. I have to go home and negotiate with my parents what my next move will be.

"I'll make my decision here in the next couple of days and everything should work out."

Stevenson compares his game and style to former Husker great Ameer Abdullah, who finished his career at NU's No. 2 all-time leading rusher.

"Ameer (Abdullah) was a very elusive guy," Stevenson said. "We are about the same size, no bigger. I'm just a faster version of Ameer. I look up to that being able to be an Ameer Abudllah type of guy. I'm more explosive and I plan on taking my game to the next level. From here on out I plan on building my own legacy."

Stevenson traveled to Lincoln on his own for the visit, so there has been some questions posed if that will play an impact.

"My mom supports me in any decision I make, as long as it's the right decision," Stevenson said. "When I get back home we are going to go over everything and see where we go from there.

"This week my decision will be made. It will be in the next couple of days. I'm not for sure though."

Coach Riley calls it like it is; a fine young man. His mother sounds great too; he is showing respect, and I can tell he has much trust in her, to listen to his decision - very nice.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT