ADVERTISEMENT

Johnny Stanton

Aug 31, 2015
I was just looking some stuff up and it sounds like he's had a great year at the juco level. Over 3,000 yards passing and 700 yards rushing while leading saddleback to a 10-2 record. Pretty happy for him. He deserved a chance somewhere. He was just offered a scholly from UNLV as well. Could be running plays for Barney Cotton haha. Wouldn't mind him coming back to Lincoln either.

Reactions: baseball31ne
Good for him. Such a strange situation. I was promised before the season, that after non-conference he would be our starter because Riley recruited him. So many promises.

Perhaps Stanton recalled why he opted not to play for Riley the first time around?
He was here for 2 years before Riley came and did nothing. He spends about 6 months with Riley and suddenly his lack of development is Riley's fault?

Reactions: OzzyLvr
He was here for 2 years before Riley came and did nothing. He spends about 6 months with Riley and suddenly his lack of development is Riley's fault?

Who said it was Riley's fault? Perhaps Stanton just realized his best chance at a starting QB role on a winning team was to transfer. It happens. I'm sure Aaron Green doesn't regret his decision to leave Lincoln either.

Did anyone see the spring game? He couldn't throw within 5 yards of the nearest receiver. He would've never played here. Glad he's doing well but his future was not in Lincoln.

Did anyone see the spring game? He couldn't throw within 5 yards of the nearest receiver. He would've never played here. Glad he's doing well but his future was not in Lincoln.
That was a real head scratcher. His forte in high school was his accuracy and I had been told by a staff member after the Georgia game that Stanton had been lighting it up in pre-bowl practices. He expected him to beat out TA for the starting job. Then nothing. He looked terrible in the spring game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT