ADVERTISEMENT

John Parella supposedly N

Is anyone else entirely confused by this conversation? So Tulsa Tom is claiming that TO gave Riley the recommendation of Parella and HTO is saying that didn't happen...or am I reading that correctly?

Ummmmm...I don't think you want the truth re-printed in this forum. I'll leave it at that.

And, yes, I think Riley got a good recommendation for Parella in his talks with Osborne. Glad to see Parella on staff.

Riley knew Parrella from his days with the Chargers. Riley is well thought of in the NFL and in college football despite what you are anyone else on this board thinks. Don't know why you have to get petty with the mods when they call you out on your trolling.

Riley knew Parrella from his days with the Chargers. Riley is well thought of in the NFL and in college football despite what you are anyone else on this board thinks. Don't know why you have to get petty with the mods when they call you out on your trolling.
Who said Riley didn't know Parella. Wouldn't you want to talk with a number of people who might know a candidate before you hired him...even if you had worked with him almost two decades ago?

I like the hire, let's see how it goes.

Not related, but at the 1:48:14 is one funny moment as the coach gives Brent Musburger the business in the 1993 OU game.

watching some of that game makes me miss our attack style. We had that attack mindset in every phase of the game. Hopefully we can get them boys flying around again

Forget Charlie McBride, twitter says Parrella can't recruit.

I keep seeing that too. I'm not sure why you would assume a young, charismatic guy, with a ton of NFL experience won't be able to recruit. The fact that he hasn't done it at a place like Nebraska doesn't really scare me. Just look at guys like Warren and Bray with similar qualities (minus the NFL experience) and what they were able to do once they came here.

Reactions: HuskerTimOmaha
I keep seeing that too. I'm not sure why you would assume a young, charismatic guy, with a ton of NFL experience won't be able to recruit. The fact that he hasn't done it at a place like Nebraska doesn't really scare me. Just look at guys like Warren and Bray with similar qualities (minus the NFL experience) and what they were able to do once they came here.

If anything, he might be able to pull out Sapp's phone number and let the kid hear what he has to say about Parrella.

Reactions: headcard
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT