ADVERTISEMENT

John Parella supposedly N

I'm picking up on your sarcasm.
hqdefault.jpg

He lays it on pretty thick!

original.jpg

Reactions: OkeyDokeyNU
I'm pretty happy that we probably won't be undermanned in the trenches anymore. JP is going to get his share of gems from out there, but he's going to bring double value to the program with his knowledge of the old school walk on program and development. If he's able to add a player or two to each class from in-state, we could have a bunch of Chris Weber, Jack Gangwish type players contributing minutes behind our starting DL studs. Or hell, develop into studs in their own right.

Reactions: Hoosker Du
I'm pretty happy that we probably won't be undermanned in the trenches anymore. JP is going to get his share of gems from out there, but he's going to bring double value to the program with his knowledge of the old school walk on program and development. If he's able to add a player or two to each class from in-state, we could have a bunch of Chris Weber, Jack Gangwish type players contributing minutes behind our starting DL studs. Or hell, develop into studs in their own right.
I have no problem with that. When it hurts the team is when Rudy is the starter because numbers are so thin, and a few of your scholly players are comfy just riding the pine and eating a 'ship for 4 years.

I am also concerned about his ability to recruit, but wish him the best of luck in his new endeavor.

Reactions: elvis1403
Impossible, Riley is only here to collect a check and ruin Husker football.
Maybe you are right...why would he talk to Tom? The last time I mentioned that I heard the two were talking a mod threatened to ban me. Maybe I should jump on the "Riley is here to ruin Husker football band wagon" and all will be well.

I had no problem with the hire, but now the more I listen to what Parrella has done with starting up a high school program, succeeding at a juco and a D-lineman he coached was the MVP of the championship game, having DL camps, and with listening to Benning talk about him, I'm actually pretty excited about it.

I had no problem with the hire, but now the more I listen to what Parrella has done with starting up a high school program, succeeding at a juco and a D-lineman he coached was the MVP of the championship game, having DL camps, and with listening to Benning talk about him, I'm actually pretty excited about it.

+1. Pretty pumped about JP's upside.

I'm thrilled! This is exactly the type of hire, the missig link, Mcbride throw back that we need!!!!

He's young and energetic, experience at every level, relates to kids. Do not underestimate the power of the assistant coach relationship, he will be a great recruiter.

Where was it reported?

All over social media, TO wasn't happy because it got it. Don't mind the fact Tom Osborne and Mike Riley met at a place like Misty's, and someone recognized them - weird how either would be recognized at a low key place like Misty's - then TO claims he thought it was a private meeting.

Private meetings don't happen at Misty's, through the front door.

All over social media, TO wasn't happy because it got it. Don't mind the fact Tom Osborne and Mike Riley met at a place like Misty's, and someone recognized them - weird how either would be recognized at a low key place like Misty's - then TO claims he thought it was a private meeting.

If I remember correctly, TO pointed out that some might feel it was inappropriate that he converse with the NU staff while he was a College Playoff advisor. I believe it was a topic on 1620.

If I remember correctly, TO pointed out that some might feel it was inappropriate that he converse with the NU staff while he was a College Playoff advisor. I believe it was a topic on 1620.

And the other members of the committee don't talk with any coaches? IMO, it's a crutch for TO to have claimed that, if he did.

That was a year ago. I was talking about the end of this past season. Riley supposedly reached out for help was the story I heard. I was told to can any discussion of it.

I'm pretty fuzzy about it, it may not have been him.

I've heard that too, or something close to that, so I don't think you're fuzzy about it.

That was a year ago. I was talking about the end of this past season. Riley supposedly reached out for help was the story I heard. I was told to can any discussion of it.

I highly doubt that's why you were told to can any discussion.

Reactions: Yossarian23

Or in an open room at your job.

Maybe you are right...why would he talk to Tom? The last time I mentioned that I heard the two were talking a mod threatened to ban me. Maybe I should jump on the "Riley is here to ruin Husker football band wagon" and all will be well.

Yeah right. You were warned because of that. LMAO.

Reactions: CC_Lemming
If he recruited 11 linemen to N. Mich. How many lineman has Ne. signed the last 2 yrs. Looks like he can relate to kids better than anyone we have had for while.

Reactions: leodisflowers
Yeah right. You were warned because of that. LMAO.
Ummmmm...I don't think you want the truth re-printed in this forum. I'll leave it at that.

And, yes, I think Riley got a good recommendation for Parella in his talks with Osborne. Glad to see Parella on staff.

Ummmmm...I don't think you want the truth re-printed in this forum. I'll leave it at that.

And, yes, I think Riley got a good recommendation for Parella in his talks with Osborne. Glad to see Parella on staff.

kaz is a hell of a lot closer to the truth than you are. So is Bob Devaney, and he's been deceased for 19 years.

Riley didn't need a recommendation from Osborne, he's more than familiar with Parrella. But go ahead and try to Trollsa your way with this one.

I believe he said he felt it was a private conversation.

More hilarity from you.

1. Kaz, isn't in my email.

2. Who said anything about need.

3. Why do you get your panties in a bunch when Oz gives a recommendation and don't do it with McBride?

1. You quoted kaz.

2. You're not as sly as you think, "think Riley got a good recommendation for Parella in his talks with Osborne."

3. There's no panties bunched, you're trying to Trollsa this and it's not going to work. Don't do it with McBride? WTF does that even mean...

1. You quoted kaz.

2. You're not as sly as you think, "think Riley got a good recommendation for Parella in his talks with Osborne."

3. There's no panties bunched, you're trying to Trollsa this and it's not going to work. Don't do it with McBride? WTF does that even mean...
1. You either have a comprehension problem or need a new prescription on your Ray Bans. Either way get it checked out.

3. Riley made a great hire.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT