ADVERTISEMENT

John Harbaugh: "Free the Big Ten"

Ok. So this takes me the debate as when to start playing. Coaches want to start early October. Alvarez floated Thanksgiving and later.

Will there be bowl games? Will there only be playoffs? IF any of them is yes, how does starting Thanksgiving or later work when others started earlier? If I'm apollster, how do I not give favoritism to teams that played more games??

Only way to salvage season AND not be on the outside looking in would be to start early October. And even at that, OSU might be the only big team to get a sniff at playoffs because they've been the elite of the big.

Whatever happens, there are going to be more complaints than ever.

If they start in October or even November, it will be a limited schedule. Do the odds go up that you will have more undefeated teams? I think it does.Strength of schedule goes out the window for the most part, some teams play a handful of games, other a full season.

I heard this morning there won't even be enough teams playing football to fill the bowl games the way it stands now So everyone gets to go to a bowl, earn it or not.

Imagine picking a top four to get in the playoffs with all of this? The undefeated teams likely are no brainers but then you likely have a bunch of one win teams.

Let the fun begin, I just want to see and hear football, not politics and all the other crap.

Ok. So this takes me the debate as when to start playing. Coaches want to start early October. Alvarez floated Thanksgiving and later.

What I don’t get is why we can’t just meet in the middle on this. Why not just start, say (picking randomly here), November 4th?

the university presidents are cowards and all who stan them are worse.
I wish the B1G would clarify details of what EXACTLY they need to happen before they can start a Football Season. It's not enough to simply say Covid-19 is abating. Get specific about the metrics and the needs as they perceive them. Is it infections below a certain specific level? Is it the availability of more rapid tests? What are the numbers and metrics of what they want to see? Or are they just insisting they can't do anything without a vaccine?

Yesterday, out of the blue, it seemed in the conversation with Trump that Warren thought they needed availability of rapid tests. But that already is available with the previous Abbott test used at the White House, the recent rapid test used by the NBA and the new accurate Abbott 15 minute $5 test which will be available in October in massive quantity (according to Abbott). So is that an excuse by Warren or is the B1G asleep at the watch in not proactively seeking those tests? If that really were the issue (which I tend to doubt) they should immediately leverage all the Trump rhetoric to get him to help them procure the tests. There's a perfect opening for the B1G to get help from the very highest level.

In the meantime everybody wanting there to be football is frustrated by not knowing what the exact and very specific hold up is. Especially since other conferences apparently found a way to move forward.

Reactions: timnsun
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT