ADVERTISEMENT

John Garrison???

I didn’t say last year. I tabulated the number of starts for all returning linemen on our roster. I put the number of career starts for each lineman next to their name. I added them up to 96.
You responded that there are only 82, because Nouili didn’t play last year. I responded that Nouili started 7 at CSU and 7 at NU (which is true).
In your post #31 you said, quote: "I have to add, although the offensive line was really bad last year, I was running through the roster and didn't realize how young that offensive line was." **Edited to read your post #20.**

You then listed the OL, including, Nouili-Jr (14 career starts) He started ZERO GAMES last year.

He didn't play LAST YEAR. He wasn't in THAT offensive line, he was suspended, so your total of 96 doesn't apply.

The OL was bad last year and Nouili was NOT a part of it. You're trying to prove a moot point.

How do you include Nouili's 14 career starts into the total of LAST year when he didn't even play?

When NU fires up next year, then you can say Nouili has 14 career starts because he might actually play.

Either you're wrong, or you can't read your own post.

Last edited:
Reactions: tjlSker90
I want to trust Ruhle, but many of the staff decisions so far are baffling to say the least. Part of me is expecting him to announce Bob Diaco is coming back as Defensive Coordinator.
to play devil's advocate, consider what may have been out of his control:

• 5 years of a S&C program that made DL/OL fat & slow as opposed to developing fast & slow twitch muscle fibers
  • we weren't practicing tackling on defense, how often we were practicing 1-on-1 pass pro?
  • not a single starter was a recruit he targeted
Rhule has coached OL in the NFL, I trust that he recognizes if Raiola has a shared vision for developing these guys into studs. not to mention, Our OC has also coached OL.

I’ve been telling this board it was a possibility since day one. IMO Raiola was dealt a very bad hand and yet his guys slowly got better. Rhule has coached the O line. Unlike most of us he’s qualified to judge a young coach.
Little mentioned, but our pass pro against Iowa was not bad at all. Much improved

In your post #31 you said, quote: "I have to add, although the offensive line was really bad last year, I was running through the roster and didn't realize how young that offensive line was." **Edited to read your post #20.**

You then listed the OL, including, Nouili-Jr (14 career starts) He started ZERO GAMES last year.

He didn't play LAST YEAR. He wasn't in THAT offensive line, he was suspended, so your total of 96 doesn't apply.

The OL was bad last year and Nouili was NOT a part of it. You're trying to prove a moot point.

How do you include Nouili's 14 career starts into the total of LAST year when he didn't even play?

When NU fires up next year, then you can say Nouili has 14 career starts because he might actually play.

Either you're wrong, or you can't read your own post.
Jesus Christ. The o line did suck last. Yes. Then I went on to say (pumping sunshine) that there was a lot of experience coming back next year. Both are true. Who gives a shit? You’re going to give me a god damn aneurism with this shit.

Here is a summary:
1. I say “man, the OL wasn’t good last year, but they have a lot of experience coming back. 96 career starts to be exact. Maybe Rhule wanted continuity (which means the same OL coach).

2. You say “No dude. NN was suspended last year, so our OL only has 82 career starts”.

3. I say “he started 7 at NU and 7 at CSU (7+7=14)”

4. You continue to argue. I guess you’re trying to make the point that…well, nobody really knows. NN didn’t play last year so I can’t call the OL shitty last year, or maybe your point was that NN was suspended last year, so he has 0 career starts now. Not really sure, but now blood is starting to run from my nose, because I have done something that I told myself I would no longer do, debate ignorance. This is the end of this back and forth. It’s sad, I know, but I feel like Urban Meyer at this point in the argument. I’m going to have to step down from this argument now due to health reasons.

Last edited:
quite a lot different actually
Nope, rewarding shitty performance on the field all the same. Is it possible all of a sudden, out of nowhere Donovan Raiola will start producing top quality O-lines at this pt. in his coaching career? Sure, its a possibility but highly highly unlikely. Every yr. prior in his coaching career predicts otherwise. Gonna be very difficult for Matt Rhule to win more than 4-5 gms. per yr. with Raiola as the Oline coach. That's the reality of the situation. Some of these assistant coaching hires call into question his decision making

I have to add, although the offensive line was really bad last year, I was running through the roster and didn’t realize how young that offensive line was.
Benhart- Soph (29 career starts)
Piper- Soph (20 career starts)
Lutovsky- Fr (2 career starts)
Nouili- Jr (14 career starts)
Prochazka- So (7 career starts)
Corcoran- So (24 career starts)

That’s 96 combined starts. It just has to get better.

That is a lot of youth combined with a lot of experience. Rhule may have wanted some continuity here.
And nouili didn't play a snap

So we conclude that Frost obviously didn't know what he was doing and Whip was a total idiot. Neither could figure out how to run the football. Got it

Reactions: BleedRed78
Message Board Idiots:

“Mickey was dealt a bad hand, there wasn’t enough time for him to turn things around. He needs to be given the job and time to get his guys.”

Those same Message Board Idiots when told that Raiola got a crap deal and yet his OL showed progress:

“Nah that dude sucks, he doesn’t deserve a spot on the new staff.”
Mickey was going to be our WR/AHC until he lost his mind. I wouldn’t have been upset if he had been retained as head coach. He screwed himself 😕

Nope, rewarding shitty performance on the field all the same. Is it possible all of a sudden, out of nowhere Donovan Raiola will start producing top quality O-lines at this pt. in his coaching career? Sure, its a possibility but highly highly unlikely. Every yr. prior in his coaching career predicts otherwise. Gonna be very difficult for Matt Rhule to win more than 4-5 gms. per yr. with Raiola as the Oline coach. That's the reality of the situation. Some of these assistant coaching hires call into question his decision making
You do realize half these posters have you blocked and the other half think you're a moron right? I'd move over to different board or change your username again.. Maybe Rocks4Brains6969

So we conclude that Frost obviously didn't know what he was doing and Whip was a total idiot. Neither could figure out how to run the football. Got it
Whip faced the same criticism at his last stop. I’ve posted several times that I thought our run game was better with Frost on the sidelines.

Last edited:
So the only assistant coach (at the most important position grp. on the field) from the prior regime that gets retained is also the worst performing assistant from last season? Makes perfect sense.

Matt Rhule extending Raiola is no different than Bill Moos giving Scott Frost a contract extension after clearly being a crappy coach to everyone in the world.
You're an idiot. He was not the "worst performing coach." He recruited exactly none of the OL and had to try to make up for four years of ineptitude. He actually had them playing better (which, in this case, is relative) by the end of the season. In no way should his coaching abilities be judged by the performance of this past season.
I'll trust Rhule's judgement.

You're an idiot. He was not the "worst performing coach." He recruited exactly none of the OL and had to try to make up for four years of ineptitude. He actually had them playing better (which, in this case, is relative) by the end of the season. In no way should his coaching abilities be judged by the performance of this past season.
I'll trust Rhule's judgement.
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. More excuses

Mickey was going to be our WR/AHC until he lost his mind. I wouldn’t have been upset if he had been retained as head coach. He screwed himself 😕

I was hoping that he would be retained as an assistant and I would have supported him as head coach if he got the job. I just think it’s funny that a lot of those who were making excuses for his 3-6 record are now crapping all over Raiola and not giving him the benefit of the doubt.

I was hoping that he would be retained as an assistant and I would have supported him as head coach if he got the job. I just think it’s funny that a lot of those who were making excuses for his 3-6 record are now crapping all over Raiola and not giving him the benefit of the doubt.
Ahhh. I didn’t comprehend your post correctly🥴

Reactions: Winston Smith 84
Whip faced the same criticism at his last stop. I’ve posted several times that I thought our run game was better with Frost on the sidelines.
And name me an OC who didn't face criticism at Nebraska? Even Tom did. Name one nationally. I don't know the guy but he knows more about FB than every collective gnuius in these boards.

Why would somebody post a video of a lineman making a mistake from years ago in an attempt to prove this years line coach sucked? Am I missing something?? I would have just quoted the poster but he sucks.

I
And you’re still a lying fraud. I never said those things
I didn't see a single husker fan, including yourself, during the year (just a few wks. ago) that thought Raiola was doing a good job and should be retained based on the performance of HIS unit (and all that comes with it). Now, all of a sudden - the new football coach inexplicably rewards him with a new contract and defacto vote of approval - and now a good portion of the fan base changes their outlook based on that alone - HAHA! Unreal! Whatever Rhule decides is good - no matter what that decision is. Riiiiiiiight.

Mediocrity continues - at least on the offensive side of the ball. Will see what direction Rhule goes on the defensive side of the ball - but offensive assistant coach hires in general thus far have failed. Performance next season will confirm this.

• Haha
Dingle was about the only poster I saw put his name on the prediction Riola might be back. Idiot.

Just to clarify....I wasn't calling Dingle and idiot. Hahaha. I was calling the analyst who shall not be named an idiot. Idiot.

Last edited:
I

I didn't see a single husker fan, including yourself, during the year (just a few wks. ago) that thought Raiola was doing a good job and should be retained based on the performance of HIS unit (and all that comes with it). Now, all of a sudden - the new football coach inexplicably rewards him with a new contract and defacto vote of approval - and now a good portion of the fan base changes their outlook based on that alone - HAHA! Unreal! Whatever Rhule decides is good - no matter what that decision is. Riiiiiiiight.

Mediocrity continues - at least on the offensive side of the ball. Will see what direction Rhule goes on the defensive side of the ball - but offensive assistant coach hires in general thus far have failed. Performance next season will confirm this.
You better find and repost where I wanted Raiola gone. You can’t. SOME of us were smart enough to realize that there were several factors outside of Raiola’s control that were working against him. Better luck next time liar.

Jesus Christ. The o line did suck last. Yes. Then I went on to say (pumping sunshine) that there was a lot of experience coming back next year. Both are true. Who gives a shit? You’re going to give me a god damn aneurism with this shit.

Here is a summary:
1. I say “man, the OL wasn’t good last year, but they have a lot of experience coming back. 96 career starts to be exact. Maybe Rhule wanted continuity (which means the same OL coach).

2. You say “No dude. NN was suspended last year, so our OL only has 82 career starts”.

3. I say “he started 7 at NU and 7 at CSU (7+7=14)”

4. You continue to argue. I guess you’re trying to make the point that…well, nobody really knows. NN didn’t play last year so I can’t call the OL shitty last year, or maybe your point was that NN was suspended last year, so he has 0 career starts now. Not really sure, but now blood is starting to run from my nose, because I have done something that I told myself I would no longer do, debate ignorance. This is the end of this back and forth. It’s sad, I know, but I feel like Urban Meyer at this point in the argument. I’m going to have to step down from this argument now due to health reasons.
Sorry, I gave you a bloody nose, but I was just throwing left jabs, good thing you didn't catch a good right hand.

You never said shit about the OL wasn't good last year and having a lot of experience coming back next year, so let's not try any revisionist history.

Next time you get in a little online dust-up, maybe you won't let your own words smack you in the schnoz.

Sorry, I gave you a bloody nose, but I was just throwing left jabs, good thing you didn't catch a good right hand.

You never said shit about the OL wasn't good last year and having a lot of experience coming back next year, so let's not try any revisionist history.

Next time you get in a little online dust-up, maybe you won't let your own words smack you in the schnoz.
I stopped reading at “itseasyas1-2-3”

to play devil's advocate, consider what may have been out of his control:

• 5 years of a S&C program that made DL/OL fat & slow as opposed to developing fast & slow twitch muscle fibers
  • we weren't practicing tackling on defense, how often we were practicing 1-on-1 pass pro?
  • not a single starter was a recruit he targeted
Rhule has coached OL in the NFL, I trust that he recognizes if Raiola has a shared vision for developing these guys into studs. not to mention, Our OC has also coached OL.
Ed Foley coached OL as well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT