ADVERTISEMENT

John Garrison???

giphy.gif

I want to trust Ruhle, but many of the staff decisions so far are baffling to say the least. Part of me is expecting him to announce Bob Diaco is coming back as Defensive Coordinator.
I’ve been telling this board it was a possibility since day one. IMO Raiola was dealt a very bad hand and yet his guys slowly got better. Rhule has coached the O line. Unlike most of us he’s qualified to judge a young coach.

So the only assistant coach (at the most important position grp. on the field) from the prior regime that gets retained is also the worst performing assistant from last season? Makes perfect sense.

Matt Rhule extending Raiola is no different than Bill Moos giving Scott Frost a contract extension after clearly being a crappy coach to everyone in the world.

So the only assistant coach (at the most important position grp. on the field) from the prior regime that gets retained is also the worst performing assistant from last season? Makes perfect sense.

Matt Rhule extending Raiola is no different than Bill Moos giving Scott Frost a contract extension after clearly being a crappy coach to everyone in the world.
quite a lot different actually

Suck it fraud

Interesting, now I'm excited to see how Raiola and the OL performs under Rhule. Fun science experiment if nothing else. Was Raiola the issue, or was Scott the issue?

I have to add, although the offensive line was really bad last year, I was running through the roster and didn’t realize how young that offensive line was.
Benhart- Soph (29 career starts)
Piper- Soph (20 career starts)
Lutovsky- Fr (2 career starts)
Nouili- Jr (14 career starts)
Prochazka- So (7 career starts)
Corcoran- So (24 career starts)

That’s 96 combined starts. It just has to get better.

That is a lot of youth combined with a lot of experience. Rhule may have wanted some continuity here.

Last edited:
Our problem is we keep wishing for things that will hurt us. Sometimes the best gifts end up being things you didn’t think you needed

You’re right. I’m going to grit my teeth and trust Rhule on this one. He’s got to have a staff where everyone is on the same page if he’s going to build this thing from the ground up, and this isn’t his first rodeo.

Having said that, this is…unexpected. Yeah, that’s probably the word I’m looking for.

Interesting, now I'm excited to see how Raiola and the OL performs under Rhule. Fun science experiment if nothing else. Was Raiola the issue, or was Scott the issue?
Injuries, a suspension, and a lack of talent at OT were the problems . I really think Raiola’s hands were tied . I also don’t think Whips offense put our O line in a great spot either.

You’re right. I’m going to grit my teeth and trust Rhule on this one. He’s got to have a staff where everyone is on the same page if he’s going to build this thing from the ground up, and this isn’t his first rodeo.

Having said that, this is…unexpected. Yeah, that’s probably the word I’m looking for.
Should pay more attention to my posts. You would have expected it 😀

I’ve been telling this board it was a possibility since day one. IMO Raiola was dealt a very bad hand and yet his guys slowly got better. Rhule has coached the O line. Unlike most of us he’s qualified to judge a young coach.

I guess I didn't really see the improvement in the O-Line that some of you saw. In 4 of the last 5 games, we had fewer than 75 rushing yards. How is that any improvement from the offensive line in 2021?

For comparison, we had over 100 yards rushing against Iowa, Wisconsin, Michigan, and Ohio State in 2021. The lowest number of rushing yards we had in a game in 2021 was 95 against Oklahoma.

Reactions: Bruce1981
I guess I didn't really see the improvement in the O-Line that some of you saw. In 4 of the last 5 games, we had fewer than 75 rushing yards. How is that any improvement from the offensive line in 2021?

We had over 100 yards rushing against Iowa, Wisconsin, Michigan, and Ohio State in 2021.
3 of those were against 3 great rush defenses. Iowa, wisky and Michigan.

We had over 100 yards rushing against Iowa, Wisconsin, and Ohio State in 2021.
Ask Whip that question. Those rushing yards in those games last year were padded by QB runs. Teams were daring us to try to pass protect and throw the ball this year. When you do that you end up with man on some of your WRs and you get some of those explosive passes that you saw

Ask Whip that question. Those rushing yards in those games last year were padded by QB runs. Teams were daring us to try to pass protect and throw the ball this year. When you do that you end up with man on some of your WRs and you get some of those explosive passes that you saw

Whip had no option other than to YOLO up to Palmer, because our OL could not run block worth a lick.

For comparison, we had over 100 yards rushing against Iowa, Wisconsin, Michigan, and Ohio State in 2021. The lowest number of rushing yards we had in a game in 2021 was 95 against Oklahoma.

I think that’s because this year we had an OC that was nuts and decided to throw it constantly with some padded unoriginal and basic 101 run plays. The dude literally only knows throwing while the running game wasn’t important. So basically you have Raiola who seemingly is a downhill OL coach paired with a OC left alone to his own madness because there was no HC to tell him to stop or anything.

I don’t care much for Raiola but with actual direction and a focus, I’ll give him 1 year in the new regime at the max

Whip had no option other than to YOLO up to Palmer, because our OL could not run block worth a lick.
It was all related. We had a walk on center who isn’t quick and OTs that had trouble pass blocking. Teams sold out to stop our run after they saw Grant in a couple of those gam s and dared us to try to protect the QB. Add to it the lack of deception, misdirection and creativity in Whip’s run game and it makes it pretty damned tough to run the ball.

Reactions: BleedRed78
I want to trust Ruhle, but many of the staff decisions so far are baffling to say the least. Part of me is expecting him to announce Bob Diaco is coming back as Defensive Coordinator.

You sure bitch a lot about the staff hires. I’m still waiting for you to break down the staff hires you would make, you have $7 million now go. Who would you hire and how much would you pay each one?

I have to add, although the offensive line was really bad last year, I was running through the roster and didn’t realize how young that offensive line was.
Benhart- Soph (29 career starts)
Piper- Soph (20 career starts)
Lutovsky- Fr (2 career starts)
Nouili- Jr (14 career starts)
Prochazka- So (7 career starts)
Corcoran- So (24 career starts)

That’s 96 combined starts. It just has to get better.

That is a lot of youth combined with a lot of experience. Rhule may have wanted some continuity here.
Nouili was suspended. So 82

Reactions: BleedRed78
It was all related. We had a walk on center who isn’t quick and OTs that had trouble pass blocking. Teams sold out to stop our run after they saw Grant in a couple of those gam s and dared us to try to protect the QB. Add to it the lack of deception, misdirection and creativity in Whip’s run game and it makes it pretty damned tough to run the ball.
Frost‘s ass was on the line and he just threw together a bunch of mixed parts (coaches) that could never get the offense to run smooth. Raiola was stuck in a hole from the start. Literally given a plastic knife going into a gun fight.

Message Board Idiots:

“Mickey was dealt a bad hand, there wasn’t enough time for him to turn things around. He needs to be given the job and time to get his guys.”

Those same Message Board Idiots when told that Raiola got a crap deal and yet his OL showed progress:

“Nah that dude sucks, he doesn’t deserve a spot on the new staff.”

Read your own post #31. You said LAST YEAR and Nouili didn't play last year.

FYI last year was 2022.
I didn’t say last year. I tabulated the number of starts for all returning linemen on our roster. I put the number of career starts for each lineman next to their name. I added them up to 96.
You responded that there are only 82, because Nouili didn’t play last year. I responded that Nouili started 7 at CSU and 7 at NU (which is true).

Reactions: best4boys

Are you fúcking stupid? The NCAA rush defense rankings for the last 5 teams we faced are as follows…

Michigan #3
Illinois #8
Wisconsin #12
Iowa #13
Minnesota #15

Now here’s where I have to really question if you had the umbilical cord wrapped around your neck in the womb. Casey Thompson went out with injury in the first half of the Illinois game, and didn’t play in the Michigan game or the Minnesota game. Did you see anything from our backup QB’s that would have scared the Illinois, Michigan, and Minnesota defenses from loading the box? 🤡

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT