ADVERTISEMENT

John Cook, BIG Coach of the year

I seem to recall that this was supposed to be a down/rebuilding year and that is how it initially started off.

He did a hell of a job with this team. Very impressive. Congrats Coach Cook!

iaco could have learned a lot from Cook!

Does this make him the best coach on campus yet?

You're kidding, right bro?
bob-diaco-huskers1.jpg

Guy keeps his waistline slim. I admire that. Besides all the other accolades.

Rocks more of a L.L. Bean fashion statement too. Midwest fashion.

Disco way to Coastal. :)

I seem to recall that this was supposed to be a down/rebuilding year and that is how it initially started off.

He did a hell of a job with this team. Very impressive. Congrats Coach Cook!

iaco could have learned a lot from Cook!
Yes it was supposed to be. I will get crucified for this but we under achieved last year and IMO the roelfson twins and last year's coaching staff actually hurt us. The purge was beneficial and we used our talent better and Cook looked more relaxed this year.

Yes it was supposed to be. I will get crucified for this but we under achieved last year and IMO the roelfson twins and last year's coaching staff actually hurt us. The purge was beneficial and we used our talent better and Cook looked more relaxed this year.

Final Four appearance? The twins and the coaching staff hurt Nebraska last year?

Do you care to elaborate please?

Last edited:
Devaney, Osborne, and Cook. That's one helluva trifecta of coaches that UNL has had over the decades. Cook really got the VB team to elevate their game as the season went on, and to finish again as the top dog in an extremely tough conference merits high praise. If the VB team can win the NC this year, Cook deserves a ticker tape parade through Lincoln!

If true I'm surprised SE didn't fire him after not winning it all last year.

Oh man, first time I heard this. Makes me sick to my stomach even thinking about it. Cook is the lone God on our campus right now.

Let's hope SE never gets any job at any university running their athletics ever again.

Oh man, first time I heard this. Makes me sick to my stomach even thinking about it. Cook is the lone God on our campus right now.

Let's hope SE never gets any job at any university running their athletics ever again.

He'd fit right in as a window worker at the DMV.

ADVERTISEMENT