ADVERTISEMENT

Joe Moglia is the guy

drubendall

Assistant Head Coach
Apr 18, 2004
To bring Nebraska football back. He could have done it a few years ago as a coach, but we missed that window. So bring him in by the end of next year as the new AD. He'll be tasked with firing Frost and will have a plan to restore the culture and bring on a coaching staff that knows how to build a program. We need real, proven, tough leadership. No one wants to know how the sausage is made. We just want to win, and that means ruffling some feathers.

Moos is fine. He hired who we told him to hire and we were wrong. We had a major blind spot to Frost obviously. He's going to get next year to save himself. The fact that he can't get even Riley results is unimaginable.

• Haha
Reactions: WHCSC
The culture was pretty bad when Frost took over but he decided to take it to rock bottom by completely alienating all of Riley's guys. He decided a fresh start was what the program needed and that's what you are witnessing on tv now. You win and loose in the trenches and we are young and inexperienced there. The wide receiver room is also young and inexperienced due to completely getting rid of Riley's players and recruiting athletes with a lot of character issues. It's ok to take shots every once in a while on a recruit but you can't live off it. One of his bigger mistakes was deciding to let his offense ride or die on a freshman his first year which has probably set us back three. Smothers is still a a question mark but if he can't find a qb that can run the ball only when needed he's stand no chance to survive. This is the year to find a grad transfer that can throw the ball. If by the end of 2022 we are not competing and look like a team with such little discipline it's time he takes his experiment somewhere else.

The culture was pretty bad when Frost took over but he decided to take it to rock bottom by completely alienating all of Riley's guys. He decided a fresh start was what the program needed and that's what you are witnessing on tv now. You win and loose in the trenches and we are young and inexperienced there. The wide receiver room is also young and inexperienced due to completely getting rid of Riley's players and recruiting athletes with a lot of character issues. It's ok to take shots every once in a while on a recruit but you can't live off it. One of his bigger mistakes was deciding to let his offense ride or die on a freshman his first year which has probably set us back three. Smothers is still a a question mark but if he can't find a qb that can run the ball only when needed he's stand no chance to survive. This is the year to find a grad transfer that can throw the ball. If by the end of 2022 we are not competing and look like a team with such little discipline it's time he takes his experiment somewhere else.
We're hearing a lot about the lack of discipline among Frost's current team. He was allegedly getting rid of the holdovers who were bucking against the system. But now the team is mostly his and the discipline problems exist, albeit in a different form. I don't doubt the kids are accountable to showing up to the weight room and class, but they're not accountable to the mistakes they make and don't correct in their play? Are they held to a strenuous standard with regard to the playbook? What about coaches whose units repeat stupid mistakes? (Poor tackling technique, targeting, lining up wrong)

And I agree that blowing up a roster is not a great idea. Did he blow up George O'Leary's roster at UFC or actually try to make most of it work? Everyone knows junior and seniors are more mature and physically more dominant than frosh and rs frosh. Some many things that Frost either minimized or was over confident about.

To bring Nebraska football back. He could have done it a few years ago as a coach, but we missed that window. So bring him in by the end of next year as the new AD. He'll be tasked with firing Frost and will have a plan to restore the culture and bring on a coaching staff that knows how to build a program. We need real, proven, tough leadership. No one wants to know how the sausage is made. We just want to win, and that means ruffling some feathers.

Moos is fine. He hired who we told him to hire and we were wrong. We had a major blind spot to Frost obviously. He's going to get next year to save himself. The fact that he can't get even Riley results is unimaginable.
Joe Maglia LOL. Sydney Powell or bust.

Reactions: NikkiSixx
Even with somebody else’s roster a good coach should go above .500
And in Year 3 it’s now your roster, period.
Below .500 in Year 3 is a really, really bad look.

Reactions: donahues17
Don't know much about Moglia, do ya?
I know enough to confidently proclaim that he will never be AD at Nebraska. Only an imbecile would believe that. OTOH, Sydney Powell would get to the bottom of the problem and shake things up around here.

I know enough to confidently proclaim that he will never be AD at Nebraska. Only an imbecile would believe that. OTOH, Sydney Powell would get to the bottom of the problem and shake things up around here.
What's with your weird obsession of Powell? This is about Husker football.

Moglia link (for the ignorant)

Reactions: baseball31ne
What's with your weird obsession of Powell?
You strongly suggested that I learn all about Sydney Powell. I did some basic research and you are right. She is indeed a game changer. Unconventional yes, but someone who can get results. What I like about her most is that she isn't afraid to speak her mind and, frankly, what she has to say is refreshingly candid.

As AD, she won't be swayed by the university elites or the Big Ten knuckleheads. Instead, she will speak truth to power. I am convinced she won't think twice about exposing the corruption. What's not to like? Joe Maglia is more oatmeal. We need a go-getter. Get on board.

You strongly suggested that I learn all about Sydney Powell. I did some basic research and you are right. She is indeed a game changer. Unconventional yes, but someone who can get results. What I like about her most is that she isn't afraid to speak her mind and, frankly, what she has to say is refreshingly candid.

As AD, she won't be swayed by the university elites or the Big Ten knuckleheads. Instead, she will speak truth to power. I am convinced she won't think twice about exposing the corruption. What's not to like? Joe Maglia is more oatmeal. We need a go-getter. Get on board.
honest question. Are you off your meds?

Reactions: WHCSC
Isn’t Moglia halfway to retirement?

he quit as coach due to some health issues. he's still involved with coastal carolina athletics with his title listed as Chair of Athletics / Executive Director for Football / Executive Adviser for the President.

Reactions: keilwitzg
This year is a mulligan plain and simple. Disappointed....heck yes. I thought we would be ready to hit the ground running because we kept guys around when other schools shut down.

Reactions: Baxter48
There's no problem with any of that if your staff can coach. The problem is we have a coaching staff that can't coach. Why give him until 2022? I'll give him until the end of this year. If he can't figure out how to coach in three years, I don't know how he'll start in 2022.

This year is a mulligan plain and simple. Disappointed....heck yes. I thought we would be ready to hit the ground running because we kept guys around when other schools shut down.
How is this year a mulligan?
The teams that are usually good (Bama, OSU, ND, Clemson, UF) are all still doing well. NU should be at least above .500

How is this year a mulligan?
The teams that are usually good (Bama, OSU, ND, Clemson, UF) are all still doing well. NU should be at least above .500
In the sense that this is basically a no harm no foul mulligan because as I understand it eligibility wise. It's an asterisk year. Scott Frost and franklin are not getting fired after this year even with the crappy performance

ADVERTISEMENT