ADVERTISEMENT

jimbo fisher

He is a good coach. Just don’t see him being the coach here not to mention probably a large buyout. I think he is at the right place with A&M.

I don’t think the next coach here will be a big, flashy hire. Just somebody that is a winner and program builder. I can see why guys like Aranda, Leipold, and Klieman are being mentioned.

Reactions: Meanfarmer3160
In terms of winning Jimbo made a lateral move (at best) by going to A&M from Florida State. National championship winner vs a program that hasn't won squat since before Hitler was bombing London. But money talks.

Jimbo Fisher - Looks like Nick Saban to me for some reason...

Saban look-a-like win%: 98%

Regular season win%: 75.47%

Bowl games win%: 80%

Win% at FSU: 78.3%

Win% at aTm: 69.81%

No. of seasons at FSU: 8

No. of seasons at aTm: 5

No. of games to win in a row to match his performance at FSU: 21

He'd have to run the table nearly 2 years straight to match his performance at FSU

He is a good coach. Just don’t see him being the coach here not to mention probably a large buyout. I think he is at the right place with A&M.

I don’t think the next coach here will be a big, flashy hire. Just somebody that is a winner and program builder. I can see why guys like Aranda, Leipold, and Klieman are being mentioned.
I thought if jimbo left and made like 10 million a year somewhere else, that would be taken off what a&m owes

He is failing spectacularly.
He just had the number 1 recruiting class, exhibiting an ability to navigate NIL. He was at one point an elite offensive coordinator so he's got a decent schematic mind on one side of the football. Most importantly he has a National Title. If A&M is that dumb (they're not) you pounce and let him do his thing.

His buy out and what is owed him if he is fired is around 90 MILLION. He isnt going anywhere for a long time!

Reactions: dinglefritz
His buy out and what is owed him if he is fired is around 90 MILLION. He isnt going anywhere for a long time!
Yeah there is no way A&M pays 90 million to fire him now. Even with their boosters, it isn't going to happen. He also landed the top recruiting class in the country. Even with a down year this year, he can easily sell that he will win as those players develop. Might not be true obviously, but easy to buy when not buying it means paying the guy 90 million.

Would he win at Nebraska? Like other coaching candidates that have been brought up, more than Frost, but doubtful Fisher would take Nebraska "back." His A&M stint has shown he isn't the right guy to do that. He'd probably give us Pelini results.

In terms of winning Jimbo made a lateral move (at best) by going to A&M from Florida State. National championship winner vs a program that hasn't won squat since before Hitler was bombing London. But money talks.
A&M facilities put Florida State to shame.

Reactions: BigRedTed
would he be a coach to look at?
I'm not sure bout yapping to saben before a bama game is a good idea.
but he could probably recruit down south well
I look at him when Texas am is on tv
he's a confusing and perplexing individual
i Think he’s overwhelmed and overrated
he is not a candidate for a Nebraska

if the wheels fall off a&m and 0u...
trev should think

jimbo = hc/oc
venerables = dc

and keep mickey, the rb coach and fisher...and whoever else...

Last edited:
2018 Texas A&M 9–4
2019 Texas A&M 8–5
2020 Texas A&M 9–1
2021 Texas A&M 8–4
2022 Texas A&M 3–2

4 to 5 losses most years. He is NOT meeting expectations at A&M.

Reactions: leodisflowers
2018 Texas A&M 9–4
2019 Texas A&M 8–5
2020 Texas A&M 9–1
2021 Texas A&M 8–4
2022 Texas A&M 3–2

4 to 5 losses most years. He is NOT meeting expectations at A&M.

What is absolute insanity is they give him an extension. His initial contract was 10 years 75 million. That was high, but ok if he was still on that contract he'd enter next season on the hot seat(with a very high buyout, but not one that the A&M faithful can't manage). Instead they give him a raise and an extension to where his buyout now is in crazytown.

What was the point of the extension? Were they really worried Jimbo Fisher was going to take off and leave? It reminds me of the Frost extension. Even with hindsight, I fully support the hiring of Frost. How do you not sign the local former national championship winning QB who was a great OC at Oregon and went undefeated as coach at Central Florida? Yet the Moos extension was batsh*t bananas! There was no reason for that at all. Frost wasn't going anywhere and hadn't proven himself to where you should be worried if he did.

I'm sorry I say this often, but Jimbo appears to be an idiot....a RICH one, but an idiot nonetheless

Reactions: OzzyLvr
Jimbo Fisher is tailor made to coach in the SEC. If he gets fired, he'll just hang around and eventually take another SEC job.

When did expectations get so high for A&M? They haven’t won’t anything of significance since the 1930s and way overpaid for a head coach. They should accept they will likely be the Michigan State and Minnesota of the SEC

When did expectations get so high for A&M? They haven’t won’t anything of significance since the 1930s and way overpaid for a head coach. They should accept they will likely be the Michigan State and Minnesota of the SEC
They are in a ridiculously talent rich area for football. They are flush with cash. Why they haven't been able to capitalize on this is anyone's guess. They thought if they pay a ridiculous amount for a coach with a national championship, they were going to rise to the top. Not so, at least not yet.

They are in a ridiculously talent rich area for football. They are flush with cash. Why they haven't been able to capitalize on this is anyone's guess. They thought if they pay a ridiculous amount for a coach with a national championship, they were going to rise to the top. Not so, at least not yet.
....I am sure that they believed their move to the SEC would corner the market in Texas over Uterus in recruiting. They are no doubt the most pissed off university in the SEC that UT is headed there.

ADVERTISEMENT