ADVERTISEMENT

Jimari Butler in portal - EDIT: no he's not

Butler had 9 tackles as a second year player. Has Mathis signaled his intentions?

3-4 OLB

I read we will go back to 4-3...probably too small for a DE full time
NU has been featuring mostly 4 man fronts for the past two years. Nelson ended up with 2nd team B1G and Mathis was playing better towards the end of the season. They work better in a 4-3. NU needs a couple of guys out of the portal for depth, or at least one in addition to Gunnerson.

I don't know what some are seeing besides his height and weight which seems appealing.
I always wondered why he didn't play more. Then I saw how he moved in what game snaps he got this year. Moves like most of you guys if any are 6'5". Didnt seem to move like a 6'5" athlete. Huge difference.

• Haha
Reactions: BleedRed78
He looked to have some talent but didn't get a ton of playing time. I'd liked to have kept him but in the portal era, it's not a huge loss.

We're losing some of our more athletic and talented young players. Just one of the many reasons keeping Frost another year was asinine.

I don't think anything hurts from a pitiful football team Nebraska has been. Except watching them.
He has exactly the prototypical build Rhule looks for, and perhaps with Rhule, he could have really come along. I don't think it's good he's leaving.

• Sad
Reactions: BleedRed78
He has exactly the prototypical build Rhule looks for, and perhaps with Rhule, he could have really come along. I don't think it's good he's leaving.
This. He only played one year of HS football, skills were raw but he has the athletic ability. Needed someone to develop it.

Last edited:
Is Rhule going to a 4-3? Mr Butler might not fit new D
At 6'5" 245#, he is somewhat limited in the positions he could play on defense.

He may be a kid who insists on playing defense, however, at his size and with really good speed, I would have liked them to see if the kid could catch the ball cause he might have developed into a helluva TE.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT