ADVERTISEMENT

Jim Leonard leaving Wisconsin

Badger Grad: Husker Dad. Little Jimmy Leonard....His name in German means "Brave Lion" This guy has battled his whole life against all odds regarding playing and coaching football. Wisconsin made a HUGE mistake passing the "Lion".
Good.

Reactions: WHCSC
Badger Grad: Husker Dad. Little Jimmy Leonard....His name in German means "Brave Lion" This guy has battled his whole life against all odds regarding playing and coaching football. Wisconsin made a HUGE mistake passing the "Lion".

I think you might be right. Abandoning what works (i.e., the “Alvarez way” that brought Bucky a lot of success the past 20+ years) doesn’t always end up the way you think it will.

Source: nvm

Badger Grad: Husker Dad. Little Jimmy Leonard....His name in German means "Brave Lion" This guy has battled his whole life against all odds regarding playing and coaching afootball. Wisconsin made a HUGE mistake passing the "Lion".
I agree. Fickell is a doofus.

I don't think Leonhard has any previous experience with Rhule that I know of so I highly doubt he's headed to Nebraska. Can't see Rhule hiring any coordinator that he's never worked with before.
I read or listened, can’t remember now that Rhule contacted him to him last week. Who knows?

Reactions: Laner2
Puss In Boots Drama GIF

As good of a hire as Fickell is, at some point the Badgers will pay for this the hard way. You don’t get to have this much turmoil internally, and not have it bite you in the ass.

So pack those bags and come on down, Jimmy! I know a place that cherishes disciplined, hard-nosed defense, and pays pretty damn well.

Getting my hopes up for Glen Schumann being the defensive coordinator after the National Championship Game..
Hmmm
Is it the coaching or the talent? He wouldn't have the same level talent to work with here.
Leonard has had our level of talent or lower and done pretty darn well.

Reactions: BleedRed78
This would have been like the MJ situation.

Jim had to leave. He is never getting the HC job at Wisconsin and he knows that now.
He's not getting it directly and he sure AF won't work for their scummy AD, but he could ride in again one day when times are different.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Hmmm
Is it the coaching or the talent? He wouldn't have the same level talent to work with here.
Leonard has had our level of talent or lower and done pretty darn well.
So you’re sayin there’s a chance….

it would be fantastic to hire him away

a potential swinging doors moment right in front of our eyes

Reactions: BleedRed78
Yes, quite a surprise to learn the day after a celebratory get together for his new job- to learn of the announcement of someone else. Botched to the nth degree

ADVERTISEMENT