ADVERTISEMENT

Jim Harbaugh

SLOHusker

Senior
Aug 7, 2001
Bear with me on this one. Harbaugh is getting sick of coaching Michigan and being on the perpetual hot-seat because he doesn't beat Ohio St and I think Michigan wants to fire him. I think he still is a good coach and someone that knows how to win in the Big 10 and in Power 5 conferences. The guy is arrogant and would love nothing more than to take another team in the Big 10 to where he couldn't go with Michigan. Nebraska is a clean slate and a no-lose proposition. He can show Michigan that they F'd up by firing him or forcing him out. He has the national name-recognition and ties to recruiting areas and can actually teach QBs. I say go for it.

Bear with me on this one. Harbaugh is getting sick of coaching Michigan and being on the perpetual hot-seat because he doesn't beat Ohio St and I think Michigan wants to fire him. I think he still is a good coach and someone that knows how to win in the Big 10 and in Power 5 conferences. The guy is arrogant and would love nothing more than to take another team in the Big 10 to where he couldn't go with Michigan. Nebraska is a clean slate and a no-lose proposition. He can show Michigan that they F'd up by firing him or forcing him out. He has the national name-recognition and ties to recruiting areas and can actually teach QBs. I say go for it.
Wasting your time even believing he would come here after being let go at Michigan..

Reactions: B1G RED RULES
He hasn't even won his division much less a conference championship. Why would I want him? I WANT CHAMPIONSHIPS!
He plays in the same division as Ohio St. There aren't a lot of plum jobs open in either college or the NFL right now and he probably wants to show that he can win in the Big 10 and get in his FUs along the way. If he were to take a Nebraska job and it doesn't work out, he goes back the NFL as a coordinator. Or he goes straight back to the NFL as a coordinator.

Matt Ruhle would be my 1st pick of hypothetical fired coaches.

I SOOOOO Can't stand that guy! Would be so painful if he decided to come here
Well honestly, after Saturday even Bielema (who I have loathed) would be acceptable and someone I could support. I'm just to a point where all this pristine character BS needs to take a backseat to effectiveness (as long as the character issues don't lead to NCAA violations or criminal inquiries). I don't give a rats behind if they are a Nebraska guy or they have TO's blessing or they visit kids in the hospital on the weekend. I would take Rick Neuheisel if he could get the job done. Harbaugh isn't a bad guy at all and has just been put in a place where expectations of beating Ohio St matter more than anything else. Harbaugh in my opinion would be a good hire and certainly worth a shot.

After several years of not only losing seasons but now literally being the worst program in a conference it's time to make a major shift.

IDK...he made some really bone-headed moves with the Texans. But he did help PSU rise from the ashes. So there's that.
I don't really care if good college coaches flop in the NFL. It's an entirely different game. The ones that adapt are really great coaches. What blueprints do they have to win at the college level and sustain a winning culture?

Well honestly, after Saturday even Bielema (who I have loathed) would be acceptable and someone I could support. I'm just to a point where all this pristine character BS needs to take a backseat to effectiveness (as long as the character issues don't lead to NCAA violations or criminal inquiries). I don't give a rats behind if they are a Nebraska guy or they have TO's blessing or they visit kids in the hospital on the weekend. I would take Rick Neuheisel if he could get the job done. Harbaugh isn't a bad guy at all and has just been put in a place where expectations of beating Ohio St matter more than anything else. Harbaugh in my opinion would be a good hire and certainly worth a shot.

After several years of not only losing seasons but now literally being the worst program in a conference it's time to make a major shift.
Then Hugh Freeze is your guy. He'll bring quick results then tail off as high school coaches realize how big a douchebag he is and start blackballing him. And then the next thing you know you're on probation.

"The guy is arrogant and would love nothing more than to take another team in the Big 10 to where he couldn't go with Michigan."

It's possible that statement is true, however unlikely it may be.

The NFL is about matchups. That isn't how the college game is played.

Urban Meyer with how great of a college coach he was, he will struggle a lot in the NFL and who knows if he will even be able to win at a high level.

He has admitted to many, many people that he has to learn the NFL game.

The NFL is about matchups. That isn't how the college game is played.

Urban Meyer with how great of a college coach he was, he will struggle a lot in the NFL and who knows if he will even be able to win at a high level.

He has admitted to many, many people that he has to learn the NFL game.
He'll succeed if Trevor Lawrence is the real deal.

Hiring Harbaugh would be doing the same thing as the past. Nebraska has to get over the big name syndrome. If you would have went for the best coach instead of Frost the guy from Iowa State would have Nebraska as the team to beat in the West.

Reactions: blackbones
Hiring Harbaugh would be doing the same thing as the past. Nebraska has to get over the big name syndrome. If you would have went for the best coach instead of Frost the guy from Iowa State would have Nebraska as the team to beat in the West.
Campbell?
Yeah, he sucks

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT