ADVERTISEMENT

Jim Delany News ...

RedCap

Nebraska Legend
Sep 29, 2001
The B1G will announce Jim Delany's successor tomorrow (Tuesday) at a press conference. Delany, of course, previously announced that he would retire. B1G used a search firm to find Delany's successor.

According to a tweet by Adam Schefter:

"Minnesota Vikings’ chief operating officer Kevin Warren is expected to be introduced Tuesday as the next commissioner of the Big Ten Conference, sources told ESPN’s Mark Schlabach and me. Warren, 55, would become the first African-American commissioner of a Power Five conference."

Last edited:
Reactions: huskerfan66
Vikings COO Kevin Warren will be the next commissioner.

Notre Dame - law school. As much as everyone hates them it would be nice to have them in the conference even if it requires a sweet heart deal.

I am glad they didn’t install Dan Beebe as the next commish.

Warren seems like a very underwhelming hire for the Big 10.
Everything I’ve read about the guy says he’s a excellent hire. Seems to be very well respected. In my opinion his resume is more accomplished than Delaney’s was when he was hired away from the Ohio Valley conference. It was also very forward thinking to hire the first black power 5 CEO. Unfortunately there will be a lot of old white guys that will have a hard time viewing a black man in charge as a great hire.

Everything I’ve read about the guy says he’s a excellent hire. Seems to be very well respected. In my opinion his resume is more accomplished than Delaney’s was when he was hired away from the Ohio Valley conference. It was also very forward thinking to hire the first black power 5 CEO. Unfortunately there will be a lot of old white guys that will have a hard time viewing a black man in charge as a great hire.
I'm an old white guy. I could care less who they hire as long as it's a successful hire.

Hmmmm, first mention of race comes from you, and as far as I can tell, you are the most prejudiced and racist person in this post. Well done dipstick

...And decide if your conference will play 8 or 9 in conference games therefore giving your conference more $ but less chance of winning football championship. Just sayin

idk, would another game against vandy/the entire SEC east really be that harmful to bama? or another ACC game be harmful to clemson?

those conferences stink after the first few elites, I don't think this makes any difference and frankly will probably help 2-loss B1G teams make the playoffs every now and again.

Unfortunately there will be a lot of old white guys that will have a hard time viewing a black man in charge as a great hire.
Every time I think I can get away from everything ugly in the world by surfing a benign sports board, a hateful racist like you has to burst my bubble.

Race should never have been a factor. If it was then that is racist. It cuts both ways, you can't put a barrier like race in front of getting a job without it being racist and therefore backward thinking not forward thinking. Affirmative racism, I mean action, is so retro now as to be backwards....they should have hired a Latino...

Race should never have been a factor. If it was then that is racist. It cuts both ways, you can't put a barrier like race in front of getting a job without it being racist and therefore backward thinking not forward thinking. Affirmative racism, I mean action, is so retro now as to be backwards....they should have hired a Latino...

That’s not even close to good enough for the enlightened. Gender and age dysphoric Eskimo - now THAT’s forward thinking!!

I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the by the content of their character, but by the color of their skin.

the main thing is not mess up the big 10 network, and it's constant growth($). the next thing is to see how the sec (bama) wins so much and never goes on ncaa probation...then copy that for Nebraska, not ohio state or michigan, or anyone else. the 3rd thing would be book learn'in I reckon

Someone always has to be "that guy".

the main thing is not mess up the big 10 network, and it's constant growth($). the next thing is to see how the sec (bama) wins so much and never goes on ncaa probation...then copy that for Nebraska, not ohio state or michigan, or anyone else. the 3rd thing would be book learn'in I reckon
Mike Slive was one of his mentors so there's your $EC connection. Plus he's a successful lawyer

Every time I think I can get away from everything ugly in the world by surfing a benign sports board, a hateful racist like you has to burst my bubble.

Racist: prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.

tenor.gif

That’s not even close to good enough for the enlightened. Gender and age dysphoric Eskimo - now THAT’s forward thinking!!
I respectfully beg to differ. #1 criteria (by a wide margin, in fact) should’ve been that he/she/it must be a furry. That is, after all, the most relevant qualification/predictor for/of success amongst potential business professionals.

ADVERTISEMENT