JFC - Biden supporting pulling the All-Star game out of Atlanta

rgrachek

Head Coach
Gold Member
Dec 2, 2004
I don't want to get into a debate on the Georgia election law recently passed. I have my opinion and I'm sure that libs have theirs.

But it's freaking crazy for a POTUS to be literally calling for economic boycotts against one of the States in the USA. There is nothing illegal or unconstitutional about the law. The law doesn't deny a single person the right or opportunity to vote, and frankly is not really different than how elections have been run nation-wide since before COVID. It just prevents unverified, unnecessary, and excessive absentee ballots. Shoot, you can also still give people standing in line to vote food and drinks as long as you're not canvassing for a candidate (which is the same as like forever everywhere). Does this President think that his office is so cheap that he's regulated his office to that of a low end political activist? Is this guy even sane? The POTUS calling for boycotts of States????!!!

EriktheRed

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jul 1, 2001
I don't want to get into a debate on the Georgia election law recently passed. I have my opinion and I'm sure that libs have theirs.

But it's freaking crazy for a POTUS to be literally calling for economic boycotts against one of the States in the USA. There is nothing illegal or unconstitutional about the law. The law doesn't deny a single person the right or opportunity to vote, and frankly is not really different than how elections have been run nation-wide since before COVID. It just prevents unverified, unnecessary, and excessive absentee ballots. Shoot, you can also still give people standing in line to vote food and drinks as long as you're not canvassing for a candidate (which is the same as like forever everywhere). Does this President think that his office is so cheap that he's regulated his office to that of a low end political activist? Is this guy even sane? The POTUS calling for boycotts of States????!!!

Joe Biden was always one of the dumbest Senators out there so sounds normal for him.

sklarbodds

Administrator
Nov 30, 2006
But it's freaking crazy for a POTUS to be literally calling for economic boycotts against one of the States in the USA.
bekphnqftcb41.jpg

philosophusker

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Jan 16, 2004
Jonesboro, Arkansas (York, NE originally)

It's the new normal. You can thank Trump he has changed what it means to be the President.

zar45

All-American
Gold Member
Jun 13, 2016
I don't want to get into a debate on the Georgia election law recently passed.
There is nothing illegal or unconstitutional about the law. The law doesn't deny a single person the right or opportunity to vote, and frankly is not really different than how elections have been run nation-wide since before COVID. It just prevents unverified, unnecessary, and excessive absentee ballots. Shoot, you can also still give people standing in line to vote food and drinks as long as you're not canvassing for a candidate (which is the same as like forever everywhere).
LegalSerpentineArthropods-size_restricted.gif

rgrachek

Head Coach
Gold Member
Dec 2, 2004
It's the new normal. You can thank Trump he has changed what it means to be the President.

Honestly, Presidents have called for boycotts of companies who they think are acting poorly for generations. Shaming corporations and businesses is the national passtime in DC. It didn't start with Trump as Obama and other presidents on both sides did it a lot. However, I think that calling out an actual State government in the union is quite another.

If he thinks that what they did in Georgia violates the voting rights act (which it does not) or is unconstitutional (which it's not), then challenge it in the courts (they will lose even in the lower courts).

rgrachek

Head Coach
Gold Member
Dec 2, 2004
God man! Thanks again for providing some nit picky BS that avoids the topic. What I said there was background and I will reply if need be to responses, even though I might not want to.

Lar Gand

Blackshirt
Gold Member
May 6, 2012
The very closely scrutinized Georgia election, where there were representatives of the Republican party desperately looking for some kind of fraud that would change the election results instead found that the election was one of the most fair and secure elections ever.

Despite repeated attempts by the former President to get somebody to commit fraud to unjustly overturn the election.

The nonsensical voter suppression laws being pushed by the Republican party need to be stopped. Voting should be encouraged and it should be made easy for the voter, not more difficult.

I'm glad that Biden is standing up for what is just.

zar45

All-American
Gold Member
Jun 13, 2016
Shoot, you can also still give people standing in line to vote food and drinks as long as you're not canvassing for a candidate (which is the same as like forever everywhere).

Strictly speaking, this is not true. It states that no person (other than election officials) shall give food or drink to an elector (1) within 150' of a polling place, (2) within any polling place, or (3) within 25' of any voter...so I guess Big-Hotdog-Launcher got to them there.

Last edited:

sklarbodds

Administrator
Nov 30, 2006
Strictly speaking, this is not true. It states that no person (other than election officials) shall give food or drink to an elector (1) within 150' of a polling place, (2) within any polling place, or (3) within 25' of any voter...so I guess Big-Hotdog-Launcher got to them there.
One of these days ol ratchet will come down on the side of facts. Law of probability says it has to happen at some point, even if by accident

IM4NUalways

Nebraska Legend
Gold Member
May 31, 2005
Hermitage, Arkansas
He is a fool but these days that is normal for nearly anyone on the left. If this was reversed and another President did this the media would be torching him. Just like the rest of the ridiculous crap going on.

EriktheRed

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jul 1, 2001
The very closely scrutinized Georgia election, where there were representatives of the Republican party desperately looking for some kind of fraud that would change the election results instead found that the election was one of the most fair and secure elections ever.

Despite repeated attempts by the former President to get somebody to commit fraud to unjustly overturn the election.

The nonsensical voter suppression laws being pushed by the Republican party need to be stopped. Voting should be encouraged and it should be made easy for the voter, not more difficult.

Should voting by people who filled out forms that they moved be encouraged? Just curious

https://www.11alive.com/article/new...llots/85-a1af6cc8-7789-41db-ade5-8983c71865d1

Reactions: 1160

IM4NUalways

Nebraska Legend
Gold Member
May 31, 2005
Hermitage, Arkansas

Huskermatt23

Graduate Assistant
Gold Member
Jan 11, 2017
Seattle
Everyone is focused on discussing the new GA laws for how an individual can vote, but the more concerning part of the laws to me is how the legislature can remove local voting boards and not certify the votes in those districts if they don't like the results. Which is exactly what Trump wanted the Secretary of State in GA to do, but he couldn't legally do... Now he can legally do it. So taking away the rights of people to have their voice heard is a worthy reason to boycott businesses that support it.

philosophusker

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Jan 16, 2004
Love the hotdogs launcher idea. Drones could work too!

Reactions: 1160 and zar45

nelsonj22

Nebraska Football Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Sep 27, 2014

Fvck over your peeps and you get the hammer 🤷‍♂️

philosophusker

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Jan 16, 2004
Voter ID would solve a lot. Why not pass it? We have to have ID;s and permits for all kinds of other things but not to vote? Makes zero sense and there are reasons the left will not pass it. Pretty obvious
I don't care if the voter ID thing gets passed. Means no difference to me so bring it on, but Pubs will just say people are using fake voter IDs. If you don't see that happening you are not being honest with yourself.

Let's do a gun ID/license while we are at it!

nelsonj22

Nebraska Football Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Sep 27, 2014
Honestly, Presidents have called for boycotts of companies who they think are acting poorly for generations. Shaming corporations and businesses is the national passtime in DC. It didn't start with Trump as Obama and other presidents on both sides did it a lot. However, I think that calling out an actual State government in the union is quite another.

If he thinks that what they did in Georgia violates the voting rights act (which it does not) or is unconstitutional (which it's not), then challenge it in the courts (they will lose even in the lower courts).
Derp

biscuitbagger3

All-American
Gold Member
Aug 9, 2009
Voter ID would solve a lot. Why not pass it? We have to have ID;s and permits for all kinds of other things but not to vote? Makes zero sense and there are reasons the left will not pass it. Pretty obvious
I struggle with how each side seems to take inconsistent positions on this and guns. Both are Constitutionally guaranteed rights.

lolwat

Senior
Gold Member
Sep 8, 2016
Remember that time when Trump said to boycott the only major US tire manufacturer?

trump-tells-everyone-dont-buy-goodyear-tires.png

I also remember when he put GOYA beans on the desk, like the office of the president was some kind of NASCAR equivalent. Probably should investigate what kind of campaign contributions happened before, around, and after from that company and the timing of it.

IM4NUalways

Nebraska Legend
Gold Member
May 31, 2005
Hermitage, Arkansas
I don’t disagree. Each side should be consistent on these topics though. However one feels about guns vs voting they are explicit rights.
Oh I agree. The political system screwed and may never recover. Doing the nest for America and the people is now lets see if we can screw the other side, say anything we want to make it happen and get the press that backs us to promote it. Then the number one thing they are concerned with is POWER and MONEY. Both sides want it and to stay there.

We have become the greatest country in the world over time with consideration and compromise. Neither side has all the good ideas and brining together both sides idea and getting some of both is a great thing.

Can we ever get there? I highly doubt it at this point. You never know I guess but the gap is 10,000 times as wide as the grand canyon . Hell just read the open scrolls.

biscuitbagger3

All-American
Gold Member
Aug 9, 2009
Oh I agree. The political system screwed and may never recover. Doing the nest for America and the people is now lets see if we can screw the other side, say anything we want to make it happen and get the press that backs us to promote it. Then the number one thing they are concerned with is POWER and MONEY. Both sides want it and to stay there.

We have become the greatest country in the world over time with consideration and compromise. Neither side has all the good ideas and brining together both sides idea and getting some of both is a great thing.

Can we ever get there? I highly doubt it at this point. You never know I guess but the gap is 10,000 times as wide as the grand canyon . Hell just read the open scrolls.
You and I are on different sides of the spectrum, but can still agree on fundamental rights as Americans. Hopefully we find out way though as we did in the 1860s and 1960s.

Lar Gand

Blackshirt
Gold Member
May 6, 2012
I struggle with how each side seems to take inconsistent positions on this and guns. Both are Constitutionally guaranteed rights.

Good comparison.

As the gun nuts say when a delay in purchase is proposed so a reasonable background check could be performed.

Not acceptable, because if you give in there, it's just the beginning.

Same can be said with the voter suppression group taking the first step with cumbersome Voter ID laws.

It's just the first step. If you give them an inch...............

Reactions: nelsonj22

rgrachek

Head Coach
Gold Member
Dec 2, 2004

That's so freaking stupid it's mind numbing. A bunch of democratic talking points that easily could have come directly from Stacey Abrams (is that you Stacey)?

You harvest a couple hundred thousand ballots and vote your candidate on each one, the you count these ballots over and over again and say "see, there's no fraud". Then you do the classic projection that libs always do, accusing the other side of fraud.

This one though is classic:

The only thing I agree with here is that people should be encouraged to vote. Making it easier at all costs, the complete wrong way to go. You won't be able to credibly tell me one thing that the Republicans in Georgia have done to suppress voting, at least not in my lifetime. You guys just want to create a system that guarantees you can pull your crap to win.

Republican actions have been specifically:

1) Through duly elected Secretaries of State, do their freaking job and remove people from voter rolls who are dead, have left the State and now are residents of other States, or, as defined in current law, people who have not voted within a certain time-frame. During this process, the race, gender, age, or income/wealth status is not even part of the equation and is not known to the SOS. The SOS in Georgia, and most every other State, is REQUIRED to do this to protect from fraud.

2) Not to carry forward the pandemic practice of unlimited and for no reason absentee ballots, which are the reason why the election in Georgia and other States went as it did with massive voter harvesting.

In all of this howling about voter suppression in Georgia, there is not one documented case of someone registered to vote showing up at the polls and being denied the right to vote. I'm not sure there were very many who weren't registered to vote who showed up and tried to vote. There are no civil rights lawsuits in the works now for people denied the right to vote in Georgia.

It's just the case that if you don't do what you want, then it's voter suppression. If we don't think like you think, we're racists. If we succeed, we're bad people. We will never give up fighting against your crap!

biscuitbagger3

All-American
Gold Member
Aug 9, 2009
That's so freaking stupid it's mind numbing. A bunch of democratic talking points that easily could have come directly from Stacey Abrams (is that you Stacey)?

You harvest a couple hundred thousand ballots and vote your candidate on each one, the you count these ballots over and over again and say "see, there's no fraud". Then you do the classic projection that libs always do, accusing the other side of fraud.

The only thing I agree with here is that people should be encouraged to vote. Making it easier at all costs, the complete wrong way to go. You won't be able to credibly tell me one thing that the Republicans in Georgia have done to suppress voting, at least not in my lifetime. You guys just want to create a system that guarantees you can pull your crap to win.

1) Through duly elected Secretaries of State, do their freaking job and remove people from voter rolls who are dead, have left the State and now are residents of other States, or, as defined in current law, people who have not voted within a certain time-frame. During this process, the race, gender, age, or income/wealth status is not even part of the equation and is not known to the SOS. The SOS in Georgia, and most every other State, is REQUIRED to do this to protect from fraud.

2) Not to carry forward the pandemic practice of unlimited and for no reason absentee ballots, which are the reason why the election in Georgia and other States went as it did with massive voter harvesting.

In all of this howling about voter suppression in Georgia, there is not one documented case of someone registered to vote showing up at the polls and being denied the right to vote. I'm not sure there were very many who weren't registered to vote who showed up and tried to vote. There are no civil rights lawsuits in the works now for people denied the right to vote in Georgia.

It's just the case that if you don't do what you want, then it's voter suppression. If we don't think like you think, we're racists. If we succeed, we're bad people. We will never give up fighting against your crap!
Yikes.

rgrachek

Head Coach
Gold Member
Dec 2, 2004
Good comparison.

As the gun nuts say when a delay in purchase is proposed so a reasonable background check could be performed.

Not acceptable, because if you give in there, it's just the beginning.

Same can be said with the voter suppression group taking the first step with cumbersome Voter ID laws.

It's just the first step. If you give them an inch...............
Cumbersome voter ID laws? That's freaking halarious. Why is it cumbersome to show your ID, something almost everyone has and everyone can easily get?

If you don't have voter ID, how do you know that the person you gave a ballot to is the person that they say they are? What if I show up and someone has already voted as me? Do I not get to vote? How do you verify? Tell me how. And BTW, if you're response is that we don't need to verify because people are honest, then we need to stop asking for ID for everything else (riding on an airplane, getting a drink, driving a car, cashing a check, etc.). Right?

sklarbodds

Administrator
Nov 30, 2006

Geebus. You have detached from reality.

Huskerheels

Sophomore
Gold Member
Aug 16, 2008
Adel, IA
Cumbersome voter ID laws? That's freaking halarious. Why is it cumbersome to show your ID, something almost everyone has and everyone can easily get?

If you don't have voter ID, how do you know that the person you gave a ballot to is the person that they say they are? What if I show up and someone has already voted as me? Do I not get to vote? How do you verify? Tell me how. And BTW, if you're response is that we don't need to verify because people are honest, then we need to stop asking for ID for everything else (riding on an airplane, getting a drink, driving a car, cashing a check, etc.). Right?

I was always under the impression that if you showed up to vote and someone had already voted for you, you would then fill out a provisional ballot and there would then be an investigation to figure out what happened. I also assume it barely ever happens as you don't hear much about waves of people having to fill out provisionals because someone used their name.

Red_Hack

Assistant Head Coach
Dec 20, 2005

Good for him and all the Corporations that stand up to this type of jim-crow mindset.

We need to maintain a stance that anything Trump supports is toxic. And all leaders private and public will be forced to condone such racist policies. Like it or not.

lolwat

Senior
Gold Member
Sep 8, 2016

Is that you Mike Lindell?

lolwat

Senior
Gold Member
Sep 8, 2016
I was always under the impression that if you showed up to vote and someone had already voted for you, you would then fill out a provisional ballot and there would then be an investigation to figure out what happened. I also assume it barely ever happens as you don't hear much about waves of people having to fill out provisionals because someone used their name.

The time it would take to pull off that fraud.. its a problem of scale. You'd need thousands of people to do it. And if you have thousands in on it, the fraud is going to fail because multiple people would run their mouth and show how they did it. Not to mention there would be a ton of actual red flags.

There was another thread showing where texas spent like 2,200 hours of tax payer money to find 16 votes out of 17 million. But they are still modifying their laws.

Karl Rove suggested it would take a James Bond movie level conspiracy.

stevehammer

Graduate Assistant
Gold Member
Sep 18, 2001
Requiring ID without offering a readily accessible free ID to any resident is essentially a poll tax. If states will provide free IDs and outreach to get them to disabled and home-bound people, then sure, pass it. But you know Republicans won't go for that because the goal is to suppress voting by poor people. We all know that. There is no credible evidence of widespread voter fraud, so the only reason to require ID is to suppress voting.
Well you need a permit and ID for a gun. I am not saying people should not vote they just need an ID to verify to make it happen. I see no issue with that.
My grandmother had no birth certificate due to being adopted out of an orphanage. She never drove. She never got any form of government ID. I'm not sure it would have been possible for her to get a government ID since she didn't have a birth certificate. She would have been denied the right to vote by any voter ID law. Why should a 90 year old woman who is bedridden have to try and navigate the government bureaucracy to figure out if she can get a replacement birth certificate, then get a ride in a wheelchair accessible van to the DMV, then pay money (of which she had none) to get an ID just to vote, something that she had been registered to do since the 1940s?

Unless voter ID laws address these specific types of issues and make sure that every citizen has free and easy access -- including coming to bedridden and disabled people -- to getting a government issued ID, they are nothing other than voter suppression.

biscuitbagger3

All-American
Gold Member
Aug 9, 2009

They are called provisional ballots, been around a long time and work just fine.

Red_Hack

Assistant Head Coach
Dec 20, 2005
Only people who want rigged elections would be against voter identification
Only people who are not smart enough to figure out how voter fraud happened and stole an election need voter identification. Smart people would have figured it out and presented the evidence in a court of law. Only idiots would allow 8 million votes to slip into the ballots.

So stupid people want it. Cause they lack the capacity to understand what just happened.

Latest posts