ADVERTISEMENT

Jerry Sloan??? WTH????

litespeedhuskerfan

Nebraska Legend
Aug 27, 2006
I had no idea he was even sick. I loved that guy, and is another in a very long line of people who would have had a title or two were it not for one Michael Jordan...

"died after a battle with Parkinson's disease and dementia, the Jazz announced Friday."

I had no idea he was even sick. I loved that guy, and is another in a very long line of people who would have had a title or two were it not for one Michael Jordan...

"died after a battle with Parkinson's disease and dementia, the Jazz announced Friday."
I hadn't heard he was having issues either but that last time I saw him on TV probably a couple of years ago, he didn't look good.

Jerry Sloan was a brilliant coach. What a fierce competitor. His teams were probably as close to maximizing their potential as any NBA team to my memory. They ran more ball screens than anyone in the league during that era. Now everyone does it and though the execution is much sloppier, the rules have changed so much in favor of the offense that ball screens are even more effective today.

Reactions: bigboxes
Jerry Sloan was a brilliant coach. What a fierce competitor. His teams were probably as close to maximizing their potential as any NBA team to my memory. They ran more ball screens than anyone in the league during that era. Now everyone does it and though the execution is much sloppier, the rules have changed so much in favor of the offense that ball screens are even more effective today.

I always thought the Stockton-Malone pick and roll game was similar to TO's offense. The defense knew what was coming, but they executed it so well and used so many subtle variations that defenses still couldn't stop it.

Reactions: Dean Pope
Ah, Bob “butter bean “ Love.... had forgotten....
Love's career stats don't look all that impressive because of some lean years early and late in his tenure. But there was a five or six-year stretch with the Bulls when he was a big-time star.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT