ADVERTISEMENT

JD Spielman

It doesn’t make a whole lot of sense jd transferring to, tcu, they haven’t been known for being a offensive minded team since Sammy Baugh
I think the size of defenders and value of flash over substance will suit him well there. There are lots of guys like him in the big 12

People in the “younger” generation do not know what commitment means. They see lies and promises on tv and on social media, then adapt.

The only way we start to overcome this is to win and start winning more often. They (kids) will see what the older kids that experience winning and what the attention that follows will be like. Hopefully this will drive them to stick with it so they too can have all that comes with starting at Nebraska.

Not sure how big of a deal this really is. Who knows if we even have football this year, and if we do, might play out a little differently than expected (on the field for all schools). In reality, Huskers seem to be moving more towards a combination of big/small receivers. Clearly, Frost loves Wan’Dale. Maybe JD saw a reduced role (For himself) after last year?

Personally, inclined to just let him go, I do hope there is a reasonable story for all involved, if the real story ever comes out..

More worried/focused about the people that
choose to be part of the family. Do appreciate the time he was here, always seemed to be a tough competitor. Best of luck to the young man, hope things work out well.

Would you want to play with a QB that constantly gets your ribs broke with high, off target passes.
I don't think it was anything physical, rather mental loss of confidence that somehow spread through the team last year. He was probably smart to get himself out of the environment imo. Just like you don't want to let a bad wingman ruin your dating game, or someone else mess with your mojo.. can't let others ruin your swag on the field.

Last edited:
I don't think it was anything physical, rather mental loss of confidence that somehow spread through the team last year. He was probably smart to get himself out of the environment imo. Just like you don't want to let a bad wingman ruin your dating game, or someone else mess with your mojo.. can't let others ruin your swag on the field.

When you're a upcoming senior leader, aren't you at least somewhat responsible for the team's mojo? Don't dip out...help fix it.

When you're a upcoming senior leader, aren't you at least somewhat responsible for the team's mojo? Don't dip out...help fix it.
yes, but if the coach is the one with the authority to fix it, but won't, you don't have many other cards to play either.

PS. I actually believe he and Scott went round and round over this. Thus the 'mutual' parting of ways.

I can only assume that the GM of the Minnesota Vikings thinks Nebraska is bad for his son trying to get to the next level. TCU and Max Duggan is much better for him. Let that sink in how far we've fallen. Our best player has turned to TCU for betterment.
could be something to do with it being a Christian school..? or maybe there are other friends of his father there. He's going to get a shot at the next level no matter where he plays.

Not sure how big of a deal this really is. Who knows if we even have football this year, and if we do, might play out a little differently than expected (on the field for all schools).
Thanks. My name is Who and you are correct that I know. There will be no Fall season. Spring is a maybe. Why may chip in with the reasons.

I can only assume that the GM of the Minnesota Vikings thinks Nebraska is bad for his son trying to get to the next level. TCU and Max Duggan is much better for him. Let that sink in how far we've fallen. Our best player has turned to TCU for betterment.

How is TCU a better opportunity to get JD to the league??? Nebraska despite the struggles, still managed to put up better numbers offensively than TCU in both passing and total offense. JD himself put up better numbers last year than TCUs number 1 draft pick Jalen Reagor... 3 straight seasons of 800+ yards, already caught the attention of the league... What suggests that he needed to go to TCU to showcase his skill set???

Reactions: SkerInCo
How’s your wife? Lol I kid I kid

I think he and Wandale are still cool, as they should be despite circumstances, but no doubt Wandale was probably referencing him when talking about some older guys not buying in. A true frosh called him out.
P.S. I like Wandale. Wandale will replace him and be a committed team member on top, a leader. That’s a winner.
barring injury Wandale will also own the school record in recieving

Reactions: Baxter48
I’ve said it before -

From JD’s prospective

JD has been here 3 years and has yet to go to a bowl. That’s awful any place and definitely even worse at a place like Nebraska. People say Scott’s trying to get kids to believe and buy in, it’s kind of two way street. What has Scott done in 2 years at Nebraska to make the kids believe in him?

From Scott’s prospective

Who cares that JD moves on? He’s a senior and not the personality that Scott would recruit. People that think JD is the best player on the team are wrong. JD isn’t even the best receiver on the team.

We are better off without JD

Reactions: husker2612
I’ve said it before -

From JD’s prospective

JD has been here 3 years and has yet to go to a bowl. That’s awful any place and definitely even worse at a place like Nebraska. People say Scott’s trying to get kids to believe and buy in, it’s kind of two way street. What has Scott done in 2 years at Nebraska to make the kids believe in him?

From Scott’s prospective

Who cares that JD moves on? He’s a senior and not the personality that Scott would recruit. People that think JD is the best player on the team are wrong. JD isn’t even the best receiver on the team.

We are better off without JD
From JD's perspective: If losing at Nebraska was the reason Spielman left, it's odd that he went to TCU. They had the same record that Nebraska had last year - 5-7.

From Scott's perspective: If Frost really thinks we are better off without Spielman, I question his judgment.

This isn’t really nice of me to say, but I hope some gnarly OU Linebackers knocks him into next week. Frickin leave like this?

I told everyone this would happen with him. He would get a waiver to play wherever he wants and boom, “unexplainably” he does. It will never make sense to me how you can be on the verge of breaking every receiving record at a school, then transfer to TCU...? Something happened with him and Frost or staff.
We will probably never know for sure the real reason. Whatever happened it confuses me that he was ok with Frost, staff and the program for 2 full years. Then for whatever reason was so miserable that he had to bail before his last year. With tons of potential to set many Nebraska WR records. Plus the hassle he needs to go through to get 2 waiver requests to even play. It really doesn't make sense.
My opinion is that he was given many opportunities to buy in and be a team player. That Frost had finally had enough and asked him to leave. To me this makes more sense the timing of all of this.

My guess is that JD is taking his chances that the season is going to get cancelled, the NCAA has already set the precedent that they will give everyone an extra year of eligibility. By that time, he will have fulfilled the necessary steps to be eligible and will play at TCU in 2021.

Yep. V

Vedral explores it and was told not gonna happen He worked it behind scenes with reps and once closer applied. The process was 6 months.

Don't care, he was given immediate eligibility. I was refuting the person who said it doesn't happen for Nebraska

I know hindsight is 20/20 but if jd left after frosts first season or left when Riley was fired, we might have signed rondel Moore instead of him going to Purdue

Hopefully he doesn't face any adversity at TCU.

On the bright side, I don't think they'll play any cold weather games this season.

ADVERTISEMENT