ADVERTISEMENT

JD Spielman

The waiver process is a joke.

I was a big time JD supporter when rumors were health issues keeping him from playing, and I’m also the first to admit there’s always circumstances us fans are simply unaware of...

BUT... this just feels like a senior who had an incredibly productive career up and quit on his team and his brothers right when it was time to lead, only to go play somewhere else for one year because he gets to bend the rules?
He had the chance to lead this turnaround. He was a part of multiple losing seasons, and when it comes time to seek redemption, he gives up.

We have too many quitters. Way too many quitters.
It reflects in our losing record.

OK to weed the guys out, but the team needs to rally behind a “never quit” mentality = perseverance.
I do feel there are signs of a genuine culture shift happening, but only time will tell.

Lots of respect lost for all these young men who don’t understand what commitment and dedication mean. They can put up some stats wherever they land, but without legitimate reasons (define as you wish), their character is exposed... and that character is that of a loser.

Let’s see what happens in the next couple years where there could be a lot of 100% buy in, never quit determination solidifying the roster.

I was a big time JD supporter when rumors were health issues keeping him from playing, and I’m also the first to admit there’s always circumstances us fans are simply unaware of...

BUT... this just feels like a senior who had an incredibly productive career up and quit on his team and his brothers right when it was time to lead, only to go play somewhere else for one year because he gets to bend the rules?
He had the chance to lead this turnaround. He was a part of multiple losing seasons, and when it comes time to seek redemption, he gives up.

OK to weed the guys out, but the team needs to rally behind a “never quit” mentality = perseverance.
I do feel there are signs of a genuine culture shift happening, but only time will tell.

Lots of respect lost for all these young men who don’t understand what commitment and dedication mean. They can put up some stats wherever they land, but without legitimate reasons (define as you wish), their character is exposed... and that character is that of a loser.

Let’s see what happens in the next couple years where there could be a lot of 100% buy in, never quit determination solidifying the roster.

Read “The Energy Bus” by Jon Gordon. JD didn’t want to be on the bus. That’s fine.

Read “The Energy Bus” by Jon Gordon. JD didn’t want to be on the bus. That’s fine.
The number one description I've heard given about JD is "he's a different cat". Who knows what is driving him. If he's not out trashing NU then fine, take your game elsewhere. I'm over him. Personally I really don't care about guys who decide to leave. Young people often make poor decisions and they're the ones who ultimately have to live with the choices they make. Any other college student is free to transfer if they want regardless of how much scholarship money they've received. He clearly was a "Riley" guy who didn't buy in. Adios.

Probably a case of "Daddy knows the right people."

I told everyone this would happen with him. He would get a waiver to play wherever he wants and boom, “unexplainably” he does. It will never make sense to me how you can be on the verge of breaking every receiving record at a school, then transfer to TCU...? Something happened with him and Frost or staff.

I told everyone this would happen with him. He would get a waiver to play wherever he wants and boom, “unexplainably” he does. It will never make sense to me how you can be on the verge of breaking every receiving record at a school, then transfer to TCU...? Something happened with him and Frost or staff.
For sure. Send the local investigative news crew to do a report. Story at 6.

Reactions: SomedayHusker
Nope! & play for a team that can’t properly execute a swing pass every other play.
Swing passes are probably easier to execute when the receiver isn't a TE whose high school coach once told him he was one sandwich away from moving to tackle, and when the lead blocker weighs more than 160. The logic behind that play remains forever lost on me.

I told y’all from the start he would get immediate eligibility.
NCAA has no backbone, plays favorites, and is afraid to offend anyone with any clout.

He could probably demand an extra year and they’d give him one. (Sarcasm).

Defeats the purpose of the grad transfer rule when they grant immediate eligibility to 4th year juniors who didn't bother to graduate..............

All this in a nut shell.. Both are complete head scratchers but will be never explained in full..

This is exactly whats going on.
Frost set some parameters on some stuff that JD could have easily met to come back, but he wanted it on his terms and no one else’s. Ok, good for everyone to part ways.

But absolute BS he gets immediate waiver, even though I knew it’d happen.

I think he and Wandale are still cool, as they should be despite circumstances, but no doubt Wandale was probably referencing him when talking about some older guys not buying in. A true frosh called him out.
P.S. I like Wandale. Wandale will replace him and be a committed team member on top, a leader. That’s a winner.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT