ADVERTISEMENT

JD spielman

Husker Red 182

Walk On
Oct 28, 2019
I am just curious what is everyone’s perception of him if he never plays another down of husker football. Is he a quitter? A productive player on bad teams? An all time great? Do we think he has a bad attitude or did he bring it on game day as he took some nasty hits?

I really wonder what's going on with him. He's been away for long enough. I wonder if he is ready to get back into the swing of things. I also wonder if he's tired of football.

Imagine if he had a Stanley Morgan type on the outside last year. Made it easier to get open. With the two big outside threats coming in this year, he could have a huge year.

That being said, if he comes back I'll be surprised

Reactions: TheBeav815
I was real hopeful he’d be back. Now, not so much. I agree with a few on this board but didn’t post in this thread. He will either come back and break those WR records or he will hang football up all together. With the one time transfer thing being shut down, the likely hood of him transferring goes way down. Just my opinion.

Reactions: pahusker139
I am just curious what is everyone’s perception of him if he never plays another down of husker football. Is he a quitter? A productive player on bad teams? An all time great? Do we think he has a bad attitude or did he bring it on game day as he took some nasty hits?
JD will be missed and held in high regard years from now. I'm curious how you think Iowa will do this year? I'm not actually curious because nobody cares. Just saying.

My opinion is that no news is good news. I have a hunch that being away for this long will remind him of what he's going to be missing if he hangs em up.

Reactions: huskerssalts
My opinion is that no news is good news. I have a hunch that being away for this long will remind him of what he's going to be missing if he hangs em up.

I agree with and could see that. You’d assume if he wasn’t coming back and hanging it up, we’d heard something by now. But who knows, maybe this is what Frost was going to announce the 15th at 5:15pm but it got changed. I honestly don’t know anything, again, I’m just guessing and taking a shot at it.

I agree with and could see that. You’d assume if he wasn’t coming back and hanging it up, we’d heard something by now. But who knows, maybe this is what Frost was going to announce the 15th at 5:15pm but it got changed. I honestly don’t know anything, again, I’m just guessing and taking a shot at it.
Didn’t Juan say that was about Taulia Tagovailoa signing with us?Lurk

I am just curious what is everyone’s perception of him if he never plays another down of husker football. Is he a quitter?
Racked up great stats as a good player on bad teams that had few other options. Probably missed more spring practices than he actually went through. I would not call him a quitter, but I would not defend him if someone else called him a quitter.

That's for addressing that. I was wondering what happened to the 5:15 on 5-15.

Reactions: huskerssalts
Depends what is really going on. If he is really having depression and mentally issues as some are speculating. I think some things are more important than football and I wish him nothing but the best and hope he gets healthy. I would have nothing but respect for what he did here.
If it is other things that have been suggested such as attitude and stirring the pot with creating divide in the locker room and now he is trying to jump ship. I think he will be remember in a bad light.

Reactions: KrombopMike
As long as he doesn’t play anywhere else and leaves due to injury, he’s not a quitter in my book.

If he leaves and plays elsewhere, he’s a quitter and it’s a bad character quality to quit on your team.

Hope he comes back if he’s healthy and ready to contribute.

He can't play anywhere else in 2020 at least. He would need to take a redshirt season. He's about 30 hours short of graduation.

He can't play anywhere else in 2020 at least. He would need to take a redshirt season. He's about 30 hours short of graduation.
If he cited a mental health issue the NCAA would probably grant him immediate eligibility if he wanted to play for the tunnel rats.

exactly it. Like some have pointed out and myself, you’d have to assume if he was going to try the mental health issue or what ever, you’d think it would have happened already or by now. Because the longer and longer this drags out, it will take that much longer for the NCAA to accept or deny his waiver request.

But I seriously think the man’s football days are done and over with. I mean, there has been no Indication of him talking to Minnesota or any other team at this point and he definitely hasn’t put in for transfer yet either. Everything, at this moment and up to this point, points to him coming back or hanging it up. There’s a reason why all these other players have declared for the transfer portal or even have their next team picked out...and here we have JD Speilman, who hasn’t said a word about doing any of that up to this point.

Last edited:
Reactions: Crazyhole

A great player, an extremely TOUGH player. I wish the kid the best in whatever he decides to do.

Spielman isn't going to the Terrapins if he decides to transfer. Try again.
tmnt_2003___back_to_the_sewer_team_fan_poster__1_by_raidenraider_db1si38-fullview.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT