ADVERTISEMENT

JD officially gone

The longer it takes for him to announce a new team, or that he is seeking a waiver, or what-have-you, the less and less it looks like he will join a different team for this season.

he must have had family problems, cause why would you leave when your gonna be the man and build stock for the nfl payday?

As with anyone else, he has to pass no less than 24 hours during his last two regular academic terms of full-time enrollment. At least 18 of those hours have to be during the actual semesters. Only six can be in the summer (it keeps kids form loading up on easy summer classes). Of course, waivers abound at this point in time.
Appreciate the clarification of the rule. I thought they had to have 24 hours over the last two semesters, but didn't know the 18 hour rule. So, unless JD took 18 hours in the fall semester, there is no way he can be eligible without a waiver?

Well yeah and what would Frost know about WRs to be making those decisions you know? It's not like he was a successful WR coach on his way up in the coaching ranks...

McQuitty couldn't get his ass on the field under two different sets of coaches but yeah I'm sure it's Scott's fault for being unfair to him.
One of McQuitty's problems was he lost some speed after the injury. He actually played a fair amount this past year but from what I saw maybe lacked some want to. I think he probably realized he doesn't have future in the NFL and was just playing out the string to finish paying for school. IMO there's a lot more of that going on than people realize.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
As with anyone else, he has to pass no less than 24 hours during his last two regular academic terms of full-time enrollment. At least 18 of those hours have to be during the actual semesters. Only six can be in the summer (it keeps kids form loading up on easy summer classes). Of course, waivers abound at this point in time.
Well then if he dropped all of his classes by the deadline for drop/add he was no longer enrolled full time this past spring semester. I would assume then that the prior 2 semesters then would be the determinants in which case he should be academically okay.

Well then if he dropped all of his classes by the deadline for drop/add he was no longer enrolled full time this past spring semester. I would assume then that the prior 2 semesters then would be the determinants in which case he should be academically okay.
No. If he was enrolled full time on the first day of classes, the semester counts

Funny, we still haven’t heard a thing. So no one team or school is a lock for getting JD. Myself, I don’t see him playing for another Power 5 team. My guess is he drops down to SDSU or team like that.
If he transfers to SDSU, he would play against us in our third game. That would be really interesting.

If he could get past the incomplete semester issue, he should transfer to NDSU. He would have an NFL prospect throwing him the ball.

Reactions: schuele
If he could get past the incomplete semester issue, he should transfer to NDSU. He would have an NFL prospect throwing him the ball.
Yep. Probably one of the top three QBs in the 2021 draft.

And, home games indoors.

Reactions: headcard
NDSU would probably want to ensure that he isn't going to be a locker room problem. They have a culture going like we want and it isn't like they are devoid of receivers. They have a young speedster out of florida, name escapes me, who looks good.
You raise a great point. Every potential coach will know the real reason his leaving was mutual. I'm sure many would want him regardless but maybe not NDSU.

Unless JD has some connections to the NCAA and some under the table resources.... I do not see how he can overcome the waivers needed to play immediately at a power 5 school.

He will end up at an FCS school if he wants to play football this fall.

Unless JD has some connections to the NCAA and some under the table resources.... I do not see how he can overcome the waivers needed to play immediately at a power 5 school.

He will end up at an FCS school if he wants to play football this fall.

Well, his dad IS the GM for the Minnesota Vikings. i know thats not specifically to the NCAA, but I'd be surprised if he didn't have some connections that might help.

he must have had family problems, cause why would you leave when your gonna be the man and build stock for the nfl payday?

You know that he's adopted and his dad is the GM of the Minnesota Vikings so his family is looooooooaddddded right?

You know that he's adopted and his dad is the GM of the Minnesota Vikings so his family is looooooooaddddded right?
Not sure what you mean by this. What does his dad being loaded have to do with it?

I interpreted family problems as illness in the family or something like that...

Not sure what you mean by this. What does his dad being loaded have to do with it?

I interpreted family problems as illness in the family or something like that...
JD being adopted has even less to do with, well, anything. Rick is his dad. End of story. Thick skulls are thick.

Well, here it is almost July and he still hasn’t made a decision on his new team. It’s looking more and more like he’s going to drop down a level to play. Waiting till the last minute isn’t doing himself any favors, as one waiver takes time let alone trying to get two approvals.

Last edited:
I almost guarantee that JD gets both waivers granted for immediate eligibility.

He will be able to claim mental health issues, coronavirus, BLM, homesickness, etc...oh yea, and his family is loaded and well-connected so that is a big factor too.
Iowa bound.:Cool:

Well, here it is almost July and he still hasn’t made a decision on his new team. It’s looking more and more like he’s going to drop down a level to play. Waiting till the last minute isn’t doing himself any favors, as one waiver takes time let alone trying to get two approvals.
Robin and Nate both speculated that he would drop down which would not hurt NFL chances as he already proved he can play D1

Reactions: huskerssalts
Robin and Nate both speculated that he would drop down which would not hurt NFL chances as he already proved he can play D1

Exactly what I see happening too. Like you said, he’s already a proven power 5 talent. Killing it at NDSU or SDSU wouldn’t hurt his NFL chances at all.

I don't think Matt Campbell is into the football transfer market like a few other teams we know.

Speaking of transfers.

I saw you’re a Des Moines guy. Or maybe just in the city. Anyone know of these NIU saviors Iowa radio guys are talking about? Some D-Line transfers? NIU was atrocious last year, Iowa can have their whole D-Line if it was up to me.

Speaking of transfers.

I saw you’re a Des Moines guy. Or maybe just in the city. Anyone know of these NIU saviors Iowa radio guys are talking about? Some D-Line transfers? NIU was atrocious last year, Iowa can have their whole D-Line if it was up to me.

I live on the outskirts of dea moines.. i cant stand to watch the local sports on news here let alone liaten to iowa radio.. theae guys are pukes to be nice about it

found this from CFFInsiders:
"So, a JD Spielman has popped up in the TCU student directory. Could it be the one we’ve been waiting for? #CFF"

ADVERTISEMENT