ADVERTISEMENT

JD officially gone

I don't think he has a release to play for any BIG team as per podcast. Robins speculation was North Dakota State or a team in that level so he would not require a waiver to play. The only waiver would be for incomplete class load. Nate agreed saying that JD has put up the numbers at D 1 level so it won't matter if he wants to continue his football career.

I have a hard time believing he won't get the necessary waivers, based on Covid 19, the current situation and who his father is. He could throw in any anxiety or depression. I would bet he gets his waivers.

Reactions: husker2612
I don't think he has a release to play for any BIG team as per podcast. Robins speculation was North Dakota State or a team in that level so he would not require a waiver to play. The only waiver would be for incomplete class load. Nate agreed saying that JD has put up the numbers at D 1 level so it won't matter if he wants to continue his football career.

If, he gets the waivers. He can play for any school he wants.

being from south dakota, would love to see him play for the jackrabbits. #1 love are my huskers and very disappointed he didn't return, but, something i accepted quite awhile ago.

Yes, I'm also originally brought up through HS in Lincoln but ended up in South Dakota. I too love the Jacks! But numero uno will always be the Big Red Machine. I wish the very, very best for both of them!

Reactions: kikdakan
I have a hard time believing he won't get the necessary waivers, based on Covid 19, the current situation and who his father is. He could throw in any anxiety or depression. I would bet he gets his waivers.
Agree in these times any kid applies for a mental hardship waiver they get it guarantee. He will be able to play for any school he chooses and will be able to play this fall. If Im a betting man I would bet that school is MN

Seeing these type of things of former Mike Riley players/ recruits complaining on social media about these coaches not giving them a fair chance show the type of player MR recruited. They don't want to work harder, get better and compete. They just expect to be given everything to them.
To be fair, complaining about the coach not appreciating or understanding your otherwise obvious talent and skills isn't new with MR recruits.

I’ve heard talk here in Minnesota that he won’t be going to another B1G school. Just a friend that I know, who seems to be plugged into gopher football. Take it for what it’s worth.
I wouldn’t be surprised if he he ends up at Oklahoma. They have the type of offense that a receiver would like and they have a good track record with transfers. And they will probably contend for a playoff spot this year.

I wouldn’t be surprised if he he ends up at Oklahoma. They have the type of offense that a receiver would like and they have a good track record with transfers. And they will probably contend for a playoff spot next year.
I'd be pretty surprised. guys like JD are a dime a dozen on the practice squad at programs like OU.

I mean, this is a 5'9", 4.5/4.6 guy we're talking about, after all.

He thinks he should have been playing slot WR. Something tells me he would be third team behind JD and Wandale and bitching about PT, if that was the case. JD was a solid football player, but I hope a lot of this drama leaves with him.

Just another reason why most receivers just aren’t real football players.

Seeing these type of things of former Mike Riley players/ recruits complaining on social media about these coaches not giving them a fair chance show the type of player MR recruited. They don't want to work harder, get better and compete. They just expect to be given everything to them.
Makes you wonder if effort was still an issue on the team last year.

I wouldn’t be surprised if he he ends up at Oklahoma. They have the type of offense that a receiver would like and they have a good track record with transfers. And they will probably contend for a playoff spot this year.

The Big 12 doesn’t play any defense so he doesn’t need to worry about going across the middle until the bowl game. Winking

JD wouldn't sniff the field at Okla. Would probably be 2nd or 3rd deep. He is better off going to a place like MN or even lower level like North Dakota St where he could really shine his last year and get noticed. Plus a place like North Dakota I don't think he would have to mess with waivers. Could be wrong though.

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
JD wouldn't sniff the field at Okla. Would probably be 2nd or 3rd deep. He is better off going to a place like MN or even lower level like North Dakota St where he could really shine his last year and get noticed. Plus a place like North Dakota I don't think he would have to mess with waivers. Could be wrong though.
NDSU might also end up having the top QB in the 2021 draft. So if Spielman wants to be watched by NFL scouts, it's not a bad place to be. I'm not suggesting that Spielman will definitely be drafted, only that he's kind of on the fringe where some extra eyes might make a difference.

I've got news for you. That's most of their generation.

And a big thank you to the parents that raised them who aren't that generation.
I've got a soon to be 21 year old who is waiting tables right now since the internship in D.C. got cancelled. Welcome to the real world. Wait til the tax bill on the tips comes due...Winking Hopefully the sense of entitlement softens a little bit.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
but........didn't JDS's issues start BEFORE the covid-19 fiasco?
sure but as I posted several weeks ago, COVID actually might have been a positive for JD. ALL of his classes went online and profs were bending over backwards to try to help kids pass classes. It sounds now like he was able to complete his coursework and is taking online classes somewhere over the summer.

sure but as I posted several weeks ago, COVID actually might have been a positive for JD. ALL of his classes went online and profs were bending over backwards to try to help kids pass classes. It sounds now like he was able to complete his coursework and is taking online classes somewhere over the summer.
He dropped all of his classes before Covid even happened.

He dropped all of his classes before Covid even happened.
Well there goes that theory. I read somewhere that he's been taking classes online and is academically in good standing. I don't remember how long you have to drop a class before you get either an incomplete or failing grade. Sucks for him then. IF he had stayed in class until after the COVID thing shut things down, it would have been extremely easy to complete them online and move forward.

Reactions: CatColumbia
Well there goes that theory. I read somewhere that he's been taking classes online and is academically in good standing. I don't remember how long you have to drop a class before you get either an incomplete or failing grade. Sucks for him then. IF he had stayed in class until after the COVID thing shut things down, it would have been extremely easy to complete them online and move forward.
JD has 2 hurdles to clear in order to play college football again. He has to apply to the NCAA for immediate eligibility to transfer since he is not a grad student. He also has to apply for a waiver to play due to an incomplete quarter. He is technically ineligible due to dropping out. Nebraska would have to sign off on both and I’m not sure they would do that if he transferred in conference. If he went to an FCS school, he would take care of the first, but would still need a waiver for the second.

Reactions: TheBeav815
JD has 2 hurdles to clear in order to play college football again. He has to apply to the NCAA for immediate eligibility to transfer since he is not a grad student. He also has to apply for a waiver to play due to an incomplete quarter. He is technically ineligible due to dropping out. Nebraska would have to sign off on both and I’m not sure they would do that if he transferred in conference. If he went to an FCS school, he would take care of the first, but would still need a waiver for the second.
Nebraska isn't on the quarter system and you can completely drop all of your classes without penalty I think for several weeks after classes start. Back in the day, I dropped an Analytical Chem class a couple of weeks in when I realized I was taking way too many hours that semester. It didn't show up on my transcripts. Supposedly he's been taking classes online. I don't know how it all figures in. He must have been having some serious emotional issues to do what he did. I wish him nothing but the best except if he's playing against NU.

Reactions: hedonistimpulse
Nebraska isn't on the quarter system and you can completely drop all of your classes without penalty I think for several weeks after classes start. Back in the day, I dropped an Analytical Chem class a couple of weeks in when I realized I was taking way too many hours that semester. It didn't show up on my transcripts. Supposedly he's been taking classes online. I don't know how it all figures in. He must have been having some serious emotional issues to do what he did. I wish him nothing but the best except if he's playing against NU.
I understand that you can drop your classes up until a certain point in the semester, but him doing that made him ineligible because he didn’t complete an academic term. He will have to get a waiver from the NCAA for that. If he came back to NU this fall he would have still had to get the same waiver for an incomplete academic term.

I understand that you can drop your classes up until a certain point in the semester, but him doing that made him ineligible because he didn’t complete an academic term. He will have to get a waiver from the NCAA for that. If he came back to NU this fall he would have still had to get the same waiver for an incomplete academic term.
What if he completed an academic term either this spring or over the summer?

What if he completed an academic term either this spring or over the summer?
I'm not sure how that would work. I just know that since he took an incomplete, that the NCAA sees him as ineligible at this time. I guarantee he didn't take any online classes this spring and am pretty sure he would have a hard time taking the number of hours needed to be eligible this summer.

Smart money is on J.D. Spielman's D1 football career being over. I'd but curious, however, to see if he ends up on a LaCrosse team somewhere. Wasn't he a very good HS LAX player?

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
Well yeah and what would Frost know about WRs to be making those decisions you know? It's not like he was a successful WR coach on his way up in the coaching ranks...

McQuitty couldn't get his ass on the field under two different sets of coaches but yeah I'm sure it's Scott's fault for being unfair to him.

I'm not sure how that would work. I just know that since he took an incomplete, that the NCAA sees him as ineligible at this time. I guarantee he didn't take any online classes this spring and am pretty sure he would have a hard time taking the number of hours needed to be eligible this summer.
As with anyone else, he has to pass no less than 24 hours during his last two regular academic terms of full-time enrollment. At least 18 of those hours have to be during the actual semesters. Only six can be in the summer (it keeps kids form loading up on easy summer classes). Of course, waivers abound at this point in time.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT