ADVERTISEMENT

JD officially gone

I almost guarantee that JD gets both waivers granted for immediate eligibility.

He will be able to claim mental health issues, coronavirus, BLM, homesickness, etc...oh yea, and his family is loaded and well-connected so that is a big factor too.

I almost guarantee that JD gets both waivers granted for immediate eligibility.

He will be able to claim mental health issues, coronavirus, BLM, homesickness, etc...oh yea, and his family is loaded and well-connected so that is a big factor too.
Lol, I have done that a few times and made myself look very stupid. I learned my lesson on Guaranteeing anything and I don’t see homesick being approved, just saying.

I honestly see him taking a step down to a team like SDSU or NDSU. Those guys have some legit offenses too. Outside that, I’m just going to wait and see what happens.

being from south dakota, would love to see him play for the jackrabbits. #1 love are my huskers and very disappointed he didn't return, but, something i accepted quite awhile ago.

Lol, I have done that a few times and made myself look very stupid. I learned my lesson on Guaranteeing anything and I don’t see homesick being approved, just saying.
I'd love to be wrong, but I think there's a really good chance he goes to Minnesota and gets the waivers required simply due to our current environment and his mental health issues.

I’m sad to see JD leave before finishing his career at Nebraska.
I can accept it and wish him the best in his future.

However, I don’t think any player should be allowed to transfer to an opposing school that is on their former team’s schedule in the next 2 years. All of those schools should be excluded.
It’s an unfair advantage for players to be able to leak calls and signals to their new team. And the former team should have at least two years to adjust as they see fit.

Yeah I think the fact that it's a now-or-never situation makes FCS a possibility. It's not like he can transfer to a Power 5 school and then just wait to see if he plays his final year in 2020 or has to sit out a year. It's 2020 or bust, which would make waiting for a waiver pretty harrowing.

I'm sure he will apply for waivers immediatlely, if not already, and then wait until the last second to decide FCS . Who know maybe he gets a waiver before he has to decide.

Would the NFL Supplemental Draft be an option for him? Isn't that usually in July?

Good to finally have some closure here. I think this is actually a good thing. Frost is setting a very high standard which requires the buy-in of everyone on the team. Many refused to elevate their effort and commitment. Those aren't locker room guys.

I don't think there should be any question about JD's effort, it has been excellent. If he goes for a waiver I hope it doesn't give us a black eye. The guy has never publicly badmouthed us so I hope the pursuit of a waiver doesn't change that. Until I hear something bad I really hope he finds some success.

Reactions: HominidHusker
Can a player try for a wavier and if denied then drop down to a lower level, can he do it that way? If so, maybe that would be an option. Try for OSU and if denied then go SDSU or something like that? I have no clue, I have never followed the transfer thing closely enough.

he's fully qualified and on campus

not sure it gets more concrete than that

In McKewon's column about JD leaving he says: "Omar Manning — presuming he arrives at NU on time this summer — becomes the most important recruit of the 2020 class." Why would he say this if he's on campus?

Better pray that Wandale stays healthy

Yeah because he’s a great football player but the depth is finally there at WR. Experience may not be but depth and talent is. Wandale stays healthy, he’s going to have a hell of a season.

Reactions: headcard
Under what conditions are waivers granted, and does JD qualify?
It’s a mystery inside walls of NCAA of when exceptions occur, but a connected dad will help get things done.
assuming he waited this long to enter portal while someone was doing work behind the scenes to ensure he would be approved.

It’s a mystery inside walls of NCAA of when exceptions occur, but a connected dad will help get things done.

assuming he waited this long to enter portal while someone was doing work behind the scenes to ensure he would be approved.

I can’t see him doing that, if he did it awhile back, then he would of had to officially transfer from Nebraska to even apply for the waivers. Now, it could have been done awhile back and it just now got leaked to the media, that’s possible. But I don’t think you can apply for waivers before the current university releases you for a transfer. Regardless, if he tries for a power 5 team, he’s taking a risk regardless how he does.

Last edited:
Better not let him transfer in the BIG. Screw the kindness stuff. Look out for #1. That’s what he is doing....in theory.
Pretty sure schools no longer have any ability to block transfers to any particular schools/conference.

Reactions: timnsun
Can a player try for a wavier and if denied then drop down to a lower level, can he do it that way? If so, maybe that would be an option. Try for OSU and if denied then go SDSU or something like that? I have no clue, I have never followed the transfer thing closely enough.

I believe you have to be enrolled to file a wavier. So some serious timing issues at play there.

Reactions: huskerssalts
I believe you have to be enrolled to file a wavier. So some serious timing issues at play there.

Right, I thought it had to be something like that. I knew he couldn’t apply for a waiver while he’s at Nebraska but he can when he gets to his new school. And I’m with you, the timing is horrible on his side of things, not to mention very risky if he is indeed trying for another Power 5 team. The timing of it all, makes me think he’s planning on dropping down a level.

Reactions: GMDYBBY
ADVERTISEMENT