ADVERTISEMENT

JD gone probable

drshuckdo

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Just spoke with a friend of mine whose son was a wide receiver at Minnesota. His son, who was slated to start this year transferred to another school. They graduated two all conference wide receivers, and according to my friend, another one will,be unavailable. Fleck was surprised at my friends son transfer, and tried to convince him to stay. He says that Fleck's reputation among other coaches leaves a lot to be desired, to put it mildly. He thinks JD will be playing at Minnesota next year, getting a waiver because of his fathers connections. Another interesting fact is that Coach requires the team to clap loudly when he enters the room. If they aren't loud enough, he leaves and re enters. Wow, what an ego.

I don't really believe this. I think the kid has lost his love for football with all the injuries. Coming out of high school he considered taking a lacrosse scholarship over football. But when your dad is Rick Spielman, I suppose you give it the old College try

Just spoke with a friend of mine whose son was a wide receiver at Minnesota. His son, who was slated to start this year transferred to another school. They graduated two all conference wide receivers, and according to my friend, another one will,be unavailable. Fleck was surprised at my friends son transfer, and tried to convince him to stay. He says that Fleck's reputation among other coaches leaves a lot to be desired, to put it mildly. He thinks JD will be playing at Minnesota next year, getting a waiver because of his fathers connections. Another interesting fact is that Coach requires the team to clap loudly when he enters the room. If they aren't loud enough, he leaves and re enters. Wow, what an ego.
sure would be weird to see him on Minnesota. Seems like he has been a husker for such a long time. Would be sad deal for husker fans and players

nothing the ncaa does should surprise anyone
The reason for the waiver and immediate eligibility will be a first cousin to the reason Fields was immediately available to play for the Ohio State.

The reason for the waiver and immediate eligibility will be a first cousin to the reason Fields was immediately available to play for the Ohio State.
Fields was immediately eligible due to racist comments allegedly made during his time at Georgia

it had nothing to do with revenue generation (wink, wink) or mental health or friends in high places

if Kobe King isn't granted a waiver to play immediately for NU hoops this year there should be riots in the streets.

I have heard the exact same thing about the team having to clap him in. It was reported that way 6 months ago on sports radio here in the twin cities by former gopher Ben Lieber, so I believe it.

Edit: he does have a massive ego. But he also backs it up I guess.

I have heard the exact same thing about the team having to clap him in. It was reported that way 6 months ago on sports radio here in the twin cities by former gopher Ben Lieber, so I believe it.

If Nebraska can get to 11 wins next season and it takes clapping to get us to it, then clap away.

Any volunteers to start tomorrow's I-don't-know-shit-from-Nutella-about-Spielman's-situation-but-here's-what's-gonna-happen thread?

Have to keep the streak alive.

Reactions: mgbreis
Any volunteers to start tomorrow's I-don't-know-shit-from-Nutella-about-Spielman's-situation-but-here's-what's-gonna-happen thread?

Have to keep the streak alive.
You'd prefer not to hear an opinion from a family who's been involved in Minnesota football for over 3 years?

Reactions: leodisflowers
Was this the dad of either Erik Gibson or Jornell Brooks? Those are the two WR's that have transferred so far. Or another one that hasn't announced? Demetrius Douglas is the one who is slotted to start that didn't last year. Or was it Van Dyne?

Last edited:
You'd prefer not to hear an opinion from a family who's been involved in Minnesota football for over 3 years?
Dozens of people are involved with Minnesota football over a three-year period. What tiny percentage of them do you think can speak with any degree of credibility about J.D. Spielman?

If your friend has something important and credible to say about Spielman, tell him to put his name beside it like an adult, instead of spreading anonymous gossip. I would think that's what he would want for his own son, who apparently made a decision to change schools, instead of watching people babble on as if they actually know something.

Wouldnt suprise me. When he left most would tell you hes more than likely not coming back if they were being honest.

Guess the way i look at is that hes gone already and id plan as if he was gone. If he comes back you just got a hell of a transfer lol. If not then you proceed as u had planned.

Holla

Ben Lieber played for KState. He was a longtime Viking though.

I got a question for you Doc Opie....do you line item a "special charge" for one extra finger in a patient's arsehole? I imagine you then use that $.35 to help pay your monthly Rivals bill.

Reactions: schuele
The only chance he had at a waiver was some sort of health issue or family emergency. He left to cope with a mental health issue at home.

It worked. Got your attention
What is your friend's son's name and to which school did he transfer?

I ask, because I have a sudden urge to post a bunch of gossip about why he really left Minnesota. Of course I don't know the kid, and I don't know my ass from a hole in the ground about his situation, but I'm an attention whore who wants to feel important.

Reactions: gw2kpro
You have some interesting comments, some maybe not quite true. They did not graduate 2 all-conference wide receivers, just one, Tyler Johnson. Their number 2, 3 and 4 wide receivers are back. Not sure which one is unavailable? I am also not sure who was slated to start and transferred.

Ben Lieber played at Kansas State. He played with the Vikings for a while, but I don't think he has any connection to the University of Minnesota.

Reactions: HOTTGopherFan
Weird,A dude on twitter private messaged me a few days ago and said JD was 100% coming back to Neb. Said his mom is best friends with JDs mom. Said he is going through depression and smoking a ton of weed. His mom drove down here and made him come home. Said he has zero intention of transferring to MN or anywhere. It was his moms choice to have him leave not his.
Bottom line during these type of situations everyone seems to know something. Truth is nobody knows for sure what is going to happen except probably JD. He might not even know 100%
If I had to guess, all signs the last 2 years point to him being a gopher next year. Lets hope my "source" is more right than your source.

Ben Lieber played at Kansas State. He played with the Vikings for a while, but I don't think he has any connection to the University of Minnesota.
That was already pointed out earlier, to which I acknowledged my stupidity. But he is on the sidelines for gopher games, they often go to him in game... he is connected to the university in that capacity and shares insight on the team periodically on KFAN.

That was already pointed out earlier, to which I acknowledged my stupidity. But he is on the sidelines for gopher games, they often go to him in game... he is connected to the university in that capacity and shares insight on the team periodically on KFAN.

Gotcha!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT