ADVERTISEMENT

JD gone probable

Why give it all up? He has a chance to leave a lasting legacy as one of the Husker greats. As much as I love for him to done a Gopher uniform, he should return to Lincoln after he heals.
Exactly thats what Im saying if he indeed does leave and go to MN. Things must have been so bad here that he felt it was worth giving it all up.

As a Gopher fan I’d love to have him on my team next year but kinda hope things work out for him in Lincoln. Nebraska’s program is easy to cheer for due to the nothing but great interactions I’ve had with Husker fans. Nebby was an awesome addition to our conference and I’m glad to have them. Plus we both hate Iowa and Wisconsin.

As a Gopher fan I’d love to have him on my team next year but kinda hope things work out for him in Lincoln. Nebraska’s program is easy to cheer for due to the nothing but great interactions I’ve had with Husker fans. Nebby was an awesome addition to our conference and I’m glad to have them. Plus we both hate Iowa and Wisconsin.
Nebby?

I thought Sean Callahan posted a couple of weeks ago that he can't transfer anywhere unless he graduated in the Spring and he was over 30 hours short , which means he'd have to take 30 hours or so this Spring in order to qualify for the grad transfer. Since he left school, he would be ineligible to transfer. He could transfer if he had the requisite hours but he doesn't.

I thought Sean Callahan posted a couple of weeks ago that he can't transfer anywhere unless he graduated in the Spring and he was over 30 hours short , which means he'd have to take 30 hours or so this Spring in order to qualify for the grad transfer. Since he left school, he would be ineligible to transfer. He could transfer if he had the requisite hours but he doesn't.
I think everyone is arriving at the conclusion that he'd have to be a regular transfer and that he'd petition the NCAA for a waiver to play right away. That seems like a hell of a lot to gamble your last season on, but maybe because of his unique situation (read: rich Dad who is uber connected in the NFL) he doesn't really care. Until I see actual facts otherwise, I'm going to believe he's dealing with issues that have nothing to do with what program he plays for.

edit: also, you might be correct that he won't have the hours to play ANYWHERE next season, including Nebraska.

Reactions: headcard
If I'm ranking my beliefs on JD's status next year here is my ranking from most to least likely:

1) Doesn't play anywhere
2) Plays at NU
3) Plays at a lower level
4) Plays for Minnesota

I don't see him getting a waiver and it's been stated repeatedly that he isn't going to graduate.

He was poorly utilized last year and the team has sucked. It has to be a disappointing and demoralizing turn of events since his freshman year. I don't know if I would trust the sanity of anyone who took the hits he did last year for 4 wins and DIDN'T question whether it was worth it to do it all again.

I would bet he has some chemical imbalance or something to do with him sorting out. If mentally he gets his ducks in a row he will be back. I don’t think it has anything to do with the team or playing at Nebraska. Wasn’t there an article on a concussion with lingering after affects still happening?

Just spoke with a friend of mine whose son was a wide receiver at Minnesota. His son, who was slated to start this year transferred to another school. They graduated two all conference wide receivers, and according to my friend, another one will,be unavailable. Fleck was surprised at my friends son transfer, and tried to convince him to stay. He says that Fleck's reputation among other coaches leaves a lot to be desired, to put it mildly. He thinks JD will be playing at Minnesota next year, getting a waiver because of his fathers connections. Another interesting fact is that Coach requires the team to clap loudly when he enters the room. If they aren't loud enough, he leaves and re enters. Wow, what an ego.
Friend does not know what he is talking about. the 2 all conference wr minnesota had . tyler johnson senior and rashod bateman who was a true sophmore. so he will be back next year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT