ADVERTISEMENT

JD and Jaevon

The fact that you don’t realize that kids are different today then they were in 1997 tells me everything I need to know
Are they different at Alabama, Ohio State, Clemson, Wisconsin, Iowa, Notre Dame, Penn State, etc? Seems like there are tough, demanding coaches that ask a lot of their players all over. How specifically do you think kids are different as it pertains to winning football games?

Reactions: OzzyLvr and timnsun
I hope JD comes back. IMO it's not likely, but the door is open. If he's tired of football, perhaps he'll find a school with a lacrosse team. He was a HS star in lacrosse as well as football. I'm not sure about what problem he is dealing with, but maybe he needs a change. Despite being a likely Nebraska all-time receiver, he's not a real strong NFL prospect. We could sure use him next season though.

McQuitty sure had a disappointing career. I had high hopes for him (thought he'd be the next Stanley Morgan), but injuries slowed him down early and he never caught back up. He may not have had the speed to succeed at NU. He was quite a star in HS though, and at least he gave it a shot at NU and gets his college paid for.

As for next season, I don't know how well JD and Wandale would play together. Last year I though we actually got better after Wandale was out and JD went back in the slot. The first half of the season was pretty quiet for JD. One thing I was interested in for spring practice was how we were going to work Wandale and JD into the passing game at the same time. That doesn't seem like a concern now. Now I guess I'll have to see if Brown and Wandale can play effectively together. Any WR left on the team this spring will get plenty of reps.

Reactions: TheBeav815
Are they different at Alabama, Ohio State, Clemson, Wisconsin, Iowa, Notre Dame, Penn State, etc? Seems like there are tough, demanding coaches that ask a lot of their players all over. How specifically do you think kids are different as it pertains to winning football games?

big-bird-sesame-street-one-of-these-things-is-not-like-the-other.gif

Mic drop!

Frost is trying to bring in a culture and mentality that worked almost 25 yrs ago. I can understand his logic, but I also think what Neb did in the 90s isn't a one size fits all. It isn't just a plug and play formula that will work no matter what. It is a different time. Different mentality of kids. I wonder if the mass exodus we have seen the last 2 years is a result of 90s culture not meshing with 2020s mentality.
It's 100% the mentality. Frost is trying to the get the mentally tough kids and a lot of them. That's not a tough concept. The right type of kid meshes with the 90s mentality concept. The wrong type of kid doesn't, simple as that.

If I'm a parent, I'm telling my kid not to hang with losers. On or off the field. No matter what stage in life they may be in.

I'm much more inclined to believe the problem is with the staff or head coach than it is with JD. (Also wonder why Troy, who was WR coach really left)

I do start to question if Scott can actually even be objective when coaching this program and if that isn't clouding his judgement. Good doctors would never operate on themselves, in order to remain objective, and get a feeling that could be causing problems. Trying too hard or otherwise.

There isn't a whole lot of positives going for Scott sans a couple good recruiting classes.
Troy, didn’t leave, he was basically let go in a respectful manner. But go ahead with that conspiracy theory, Mulder. I’d like to hear what your definition of “losers” is. Other than AM we all know what your opinion is of him. If I could unlike a post I would this one.

You guys and your Iowa complex. They have some annoying fans, we have some annoying fans. Their coach gets the most out of his players, can't argue with that.

You guys and your Iowa complex. They have some annoying fans, we have some annoying fans. Their coach gets the most out of his players, can't argue with that.
Amazin aint it? All that in a state that sucks, yep,he's earned his.

If all the 2020 kids signed make it, there will be 8 scholarship WRs on the roster come summer plus Kade.
Of those 9, how many would have significant college game experience at the WR position? Two (including Manning)? Warner is going to be a valuable asset based on time in the program alone. No way around it, WR inexperience is going to be a major issue for this team to start the season.

Of those 9, how many would have significant college game experience at the WR position? Two (including Manning)? Warner is going to be a valuable asset based on time in the program alone. No way around it, WR inexperience is going to be a major issue for this team to start the season.
Having Wandale and Warner, we could do much worse as examples,leaders.
Add in Manning who isn't exactly coming from high school, neither is Alante, and Morrison will do whatever is asked, plus, we have a coaches kid coming in too.

We were way worse off last year, Wandale on on to run, Warner out, even Noa got hurt late.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
Yes kids are different at all of those schools then they were in 1997. Those staffs have just learned to adapt to the youth today.

It's 100% the mentality. Frost is trying to the get the mentally tough kids and a lot of them. That's not a tough concept. The right type of kid meshes with the 90s mentality concept. The wrong type of kid doesn't, simple as that.
The problem is I think those type of kids are getting very hard to find.

Reactions: spinner4
Yes kids are different at all of those schools then they were in 1997. Those staffs have just learned to adapt to the youth today.
Plus I think they pull your scholarship if you're not producing. Might not actually do that but they weed them out. If you're not producing we'll find someone that wants your spot. Nice luxury to be in

Something tells me we may have seen the last of JD in a Huskers uniform. Hope I'm terribly wrong though.

Not sure what his health issue might be but one thing's for sure, We need to eliminate the Martinez to JD right down the middle of the field throw.

I was just going to say he is tired of 2AM getting him killed.

How specifically?
I know it’s not water balloon fights and ice cream… We already tried that.

I am interested to know as well how guys like Saban have been able to change for these kids. He was coaching in 1995, I’m curious to know how much he’s evolved since that time to today since kids are so different.

If he is nearing graduation, there is no way he can finish his degree online, since these courses are usually 100 or 200 level. I'm not sure exactly what a degree in Child, Youth, and Family Sciences entails, but my guess is that the final year involves a practicum or field service.

My guess is that he hoped to press hard and graduate so he could transfer to be near family. At the halfway point of the semester, he may have realized that it wasn't going to happen. Now he needs to go home and decide what his new plan is.

Coach frost has to feel snake bit, he just can’t catch a break, his first year your second string quarterback just all of a sudden decided to transfer, then your starting quarterback gets hurt in the first game that should have been the second one but the first one was canceled because of the weather. Year two your starting kicker mystery gets hurt before the season then then your star running back decides to go awol in games then is suspended. The only consolation is so far all this is happening before spring practice. So now they can hopefully find a replacement kicker and if speculation is correct they can use different players to take jds place. It’s time the young players step up they have a opportunity for playing time

How specifically?
Those coaches have had positive results on the field. Frost is 9-15

and I’m a big Frost fan. I wanted him as our coach more than anyone. He’s just got to change. Things are different at Nebraska now then they were when he left. Things are different at UCF then they are at Nebraska.

Reactions: Husker_AMG63
Those coaches have had positive results on the field. Frost is 9-15

and I’m a big Frost fan. I wanted him as our coach more than anyone. He’s just got to change. Things are different at Nebraska now then they were when he left. Things are different at UCF then they are at Nebraska.
You keep saying that, but you've yet to give me even one example of how things are different and how Frost needs to change. Do you just have a "feeling" or?

Reactions: WHCSC and OzzyLvr
As opposed to "kids being different", here's what I think needs to change: we need a placekicker who can make a field goal and get a touchback. We need an outside linebacker who can pressure the QB. We need a center who can snap the ball consistently. We need receivers who can run good routes. We need a coach (Frost) who doesn't get cute in the red zone.... shall I go on? Frost will either coach up the kids he has or he'll be gone. The rest of this BS about life philosophies is over-thinking. This isn't rocket science. Bigger, faster, stronger, smarter. That's what needs to change.

You keep saying that, but you've yet to give me even one example of how things are different and how Frost needs to change. Do you just have a "feeling" or?
A) I don’t have to give you shit. I owe you not a dam thing.

B) I already said in the Original post that if I had to explain to you how things are different then they were 23 years ago, I can’t help you because I can’t help stupid. But if you want one dam reason why: here you go. Recruiting services and social media have made kids stars before they hit campus. When they don’t live up to the hype instantly they struggle in many way. fans write them off and bash them on dam internet boards all the time. They are humans. Football players in the 90s didn’t have twitter where fans talked shit to them. These are still kids and it still hurts to state that you suck. Or sometimes what’s even worse is not to be talked about all.

A) I don’t have to give you shit. I owe you not a dam thing.

B) I already said in the Original post that if I had to explain to you how things are different then they were 23 years ago, I can’t help you because I can’t help stupid. But if you want one dam reason why: here you go. Recruiting services and social media have made kids stars before they hit campus. When they don’t live up to the hype instantly they struggle in many way. fans write them off and bash them on dam internet boards all the time. They are humans. Football players in the 90s didn’t have twitter where fans talked shit to them. There’s your one.
Yeah, that's what I figured you'd say. Keep talking out of your ass, it's working so well. Everything you've said so far applies equally to kids at every program in the nation. But keep wringing those hands in panic because one odd kid MIGHT leave the program.

Yeah, that's what I figured you'd say. Keep talking out of your ass, it's working so well. Everything you've said so far applies equally to kids at every program in the nation. But keep wringing those hands in panic because one odd kid MIGHT leave the program.
And I’d figure you’d say something like that.

you are the one without a leg to stand on here if your defending Frost. He has proven nothing at Nebraska. He’s 9-15. Something is wrong with leadership. 7 guys have transferred out of his own class in 2018. And yes some of those where guys he also recruited @ UCF

And I’d figure you’d say something like that.

you are the one without a leg to stand on here if your defending Frost. He has proven nothing at Nebraska. He’s 9-15. Something is wrong with leadership. 7 guys have transferred out of his own class in 2018. And yes some of those where guys he also recruited @ UCF
They where? LOL

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT