ADVERTISEMENT

JD and Jaevon

So he's taking a leave from school?

Looks like the newcomers will have to step up for sure.

:eek:
giphy.gif

Kade, Wan'dale need so much to stay healthy. Hickman may end up at WR. These three are the only names that appeared on the depth chart for the Iowa game that will available for spring ball.

Wow. Just wow. Maybe the stories about him transferring to Minnesota are true??? This is a huge hit for NU football. We needed him big time. Now we are down to Wandale, Warner, and a bunch of completely untested guys.

Considering how many concussions he has suffered in his career, i'd guess he may retire from playing as well.

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
My first reaction is that obviously he's transferring to MN. But if he's "back in Minnesota" how is he going to graduate so he can grad transfer? Odd.

My first reaction is that obviously he's transferring to MN. But if he's "back in Minnesota" how is he going to graduate so he can grad transfer? Odd.

It didn't sound like there was much of a chance for him to graduate in time anyway. That information varied on who you talked to.

Reactions: husker2612
There have been rumors swirling since Frost was first hired that he has wanted to leave. Maybe this confirms they weren't rumors.
Have heard he will not be able to graduate by summer in order to Grad transfer. Does anyone know how the rules work if he were to drop out of school all together for this semester? Im assuming if he is back in MN he is no longer going to classes?
So could he technically drop out of the spring semester here. Then re enroll in MN for fall classes and football?

I'll believe that when I see it.
Me too, just passing it along. Personally, I think JD is going through a bit of a personal thing and has to decide if he really wants to play FB anymore. He didn't declare for the draft and won't be able to graduate in time to gad transfer. Yet, he is still taking this leave. Probably trying to decide if he still wants to play and if it is "worth it"to him.

There have been rumors swirling since Frost was first hired that he has wanted to leave. Maybe this confirms they weren't rumors.
Have heard he will not be able to graduate by summer in order to Grad transfer. Does anyone know how the rules work if he were to drop out of school all together for this semester? Im assuming if he is back in MN he is no longer going to classes?
So could he technically drop out of the spring semester here. Then re enroll in MN for fall classes and football?
Depends on how long he's back there. With how much stuff is online now he could feasibly not miss out on anything academically by being home a week or two as long as he's able to do assignments/quizzes through the online portals.

If he's not going to graduate this semester then his options are to play for NU in the fall or not play for anyone assuming he doesn't want to transfer down. I don't recall if he redshirted, but you can't just sit out and keep your eligibility. Your clock starts and you only have x years to use it up. Hence the reason it was so dumb for so many freshmen to transfer after their 4 games a couple years back, they still started their clock and had to sit out the next year.

The story says he is still enrolled at NU

Don't forget to take into account all of the waiver nonsense that has become part and parcel with NCAA transfers lately. Who knows what could come up?

That is a probable non-starter. JD has already taken his RS. So unless he can get his degree by summer, he'd spend the next year waiting to exhaust his eligibility.
Or he cites mental hardship and wants to go home. May get a waiver

Reactions: Dr.Husker
Anyone can get a waiver....don't have to be a GT or sit out a year. It happens all the time. Fields just did it at Ohio State

That is a probable non-starter. JD has already taken his RS. So unless he can get his degree by summer, he'd spend the next year waiting to exhaust his eligibility.
What about the 1 time transfer rule? That is getting voted on in April, could he use that?

Don't think he can enter the portal. If he transfers, it would have to be down a division. If he just wanted to leave NU, he should have entered the draft, this makes me wonder if he even wants to play FB at all anymore.

I agree with this take. I get the feeling that he's mentally drained and is looking to avoid going through the rigoruous War Daddy workouts this spring. Who knows though, it's all guessing at this point.

ADVERTISEMENT