ADVERTISEMENT

JD and Jaevon

spread out over 2 years

so the replacement got in on a game here or a game there.. or when it was already out of hand.. and I think your boy got bailed out by Vedral too. So even your percentage is wrong.

I admire you for trying to defend the results of the last 2 years, but I don't know why you would want to. It's like you love losing or something.
I'm stating facts, that's all.

insisting repeatedly that vedral moved the offense better is just flat wrong. sorry if that doesn't fit your narrative.

the two games he started it was very clear he didn't belong out there. I'm not saying martinez is the answer. I'm saying, with certainty, your boy vedral is not.

and how many games has Martinez cost Nebraska.. it's a long list.

let's go through them, because this sounds instructive.

Colorado - winning when he came out with the injury, 15/20 187 1td 1int, 15 for 117, 2 tds. not the reason we lost.
Michigan - lol, not the reason we lost
purd - 25/42 323, 2td, 1int, 18 for 91, defense couldn't stop em, not the reason we lost.
wisky - 24/42 384, 2td, 0int, 13 for 57, 1 td, defense couldn't stop em, not the reason we lost.
nw - 25/35 251, 1td, 2int, 13 for 37, we were up 10 with 5 min left, not the reason we lost.
ohio st - 22/33 266, 1td, 0int, 1 bad lateral, 20 for 72, 2 tds, big part of why we were in that game on the road to a top 5 team, not the reason we lost
iowa, 26/38 260, 2tds, 1int, 17 for 76, 1 td, big part of why we were in that game, not the reason we lost.

colo, 16/26 290, 2tds, 1int, 19 for 66, 2 tds, defense blew a 17 pt lead with 4 mins left in the 3rd qtr, didn't play great, and a part of why we lost.
ohio st - lol
purdue - i would put this one on him mostly and even still, it came down to the D not being able to stop a 3rd team QB.
wisky - 13/23 220, 1td, 1 int, 16/89, 1td - defense couldn't stop em and we couldn't convert short yardage, not the reason we lost
iowa - i would put this one on him mostly and even still, it came down to the D not being able to get a stop with a minute left.

He sure does seem to rush for a lot of yards in the bigger/closer games for being so soft.

lol, that is why Scott keeps playing his soft as pudding loser QB? why would he do that if he really wanted tough guys? I heard him say he wanted tough guys, but it was just all talk.. seems that is what Frost is, a lot of talk.

it's been 20 years.. gonna be a lot more
We're talking about the same one that was a Freshman All-American right?

have you not watched him play? he's never been tough. he's always been a finesse player. There is no power in his game.
I see it. And the glory of our past 'tough' qbs who got sacked cause they never learned to just throw the ball away? Do those 'tough' qbs ever make nfl rosters? Can they pass good enough?

I want a throwing qb who can run, not run tough, but run, who can throw. The past is over

Reactions: OzzyLvr
oh you guys already know who I think the loser is.. look at his winning percentage and you would see it too.. and if Scott keeps going on with this, then he's continuing to make bad decisions for the team.

At some point, a guy has to see things for what they are and make the best decision for himself. JD is an adult. He's going into his senior season and staring at the dumpster fire the last two seasons and naturally giving things a second thought. Put yourself in his shoes, you would be stupid not to be re-evaluating things.

Just this kind of drama going on tells me next year is likely going to be the 2AM and Frost sh*tshow all over again. But, stay classy everyone and support your team, and head coach, while they ram the program that you are supposed to care about, into the ground.

Only guys who put up with losers and those with endless patience and class are allowed to care about Husker football, and for me, I'm not really interested in hanging out with you.

That is how you spin a senior who it's speculated that he is going through some mental health issues and may have lost his love for the game?

And you're tired of us?

Last edited:
That is how you spin a senior who it's speculated that he is going through some mental health issues and lmay his have lost his love for the game?

And you're tires of us?
giphy.gif

If I'm a parent, I'm telling my kid not to hang with losers. On or off the field. No matter what stage in life they may be in.

I'm much more inclined to believe the problem is with the staff or head coach than it is with JD. (Also wonder why Troy, who was WR coach really left)

I do start to question if Scott can actually even be objective when coaching this program and if that isn't clouding his judgement. Good doctors would never operate on themselves, in order to remain objective, and get a feeling that could be causing problems. Trying too hard or otherwise.

There isn't a whole lot of positives going for Scott sans a couple good recruiting classes.

Frost has no choice but attrition.

Someone like JD, you leave the door open for a return IMO

GBR

People talk about how todays kids are different, then go on about how things should remain the same, then blame the coaches for not having either?
Lets all step back, think this one through, and just hope JD is ok, his families ok, and he makes it back

Exactly. Name the 11 guys each year Bo, MR and SF has put on the Big Tens all Big team each year?
No? Cant do it? Why? We're averaging around six, the rest of the Big? Almost 11.

Three coaches, they must all be bad, and our players good? Just have never gotten coached right? While some have had as many as five position coaches?
I really want to hear why you think why we haven't hit average here. If its the coaches, thats alot of coaches.

So,please explain why we are just slightly over half of average on getting guys on the all Big team? Why is almost every other team getting more? This incudes Bos guys too.

There’s a lot of factors in this. One thing people really underestimate here is the pressure we put on our team to win. No state loves their football more than the state of Nebraska. That’s uncontested. Remember the empty stadium Bama had Pre-Nick? Teams who have 3 consecutive losing seasons don’t sell out their stadium. (And please hold your argument on the “sell-out” streak, that stadium is full every week)

people tend to underestimate the fact that Tom Osborne had a doctorate in psychology. He could really clear players heads. He could remove the pressure. Bo tried to do it with an us vs them mentality but that’s just not healthy and doesn’t work.

mike never gave a crap. He didn’t feel the pressure cause he never cared.

Frost is still learning. I don’t envy him. I don’t have an answer how to do it. But again, I don’t make $5 million a year. If it was an easy task, the earnings wouldn’t be so high.

But when you start to lose and your confidence goes as a player, that’s where great coaches come in. Again, Bo did have an answer for it. That’s why he squeaked out 9 wins a season. But it was very unhealthy and he was never going to reach the next level.

for lack of a better term- our players play very bi-polar right now. We need a coach to keep them grounded. We need a coach to keep them away from the highs and the lows and just keep them focused on playing the game that they’ve been playing since they were barely old enough to walk. We need them to remember that the game suppose to be fun. Scott’s got to learn how to manage that.

And forget the 2017 UCF record. Coaching in Lincoln is a different animal then coaching @ UCF. Only a handful of schools can maybe compare to it and that’s a big fat maybe. playing football in Lincoln is a lot like pitching in Yankee stadium. How many guys come to NY with great arms and end up awful in NY? Some of you guys really underestimate the power of the mind and how it effects play. Fight or flight.

the bottom line is it’s not the coaches fault for the pressure the players have on them but it’s their job to help with that. We haven’t found one that can yet. When I talk about the younger generation, this generation, I can say some bad things about them. But I can also say things that they are getting right that we never did. They are thinkers. They having strong feelings. as a coach it’s hard to manage that. Ten times harder in Lincoln when managing the football team. And again I don’t have the answers. But I’m ready for someone who does

There’s a lot of factors in this. One thing people really underestimate here is the pressure we put on our team to win. No state loves their football more than the state of Nebraska. That’s uncontested. Remember the empty stadium Bama had Pre-Nick? Teams who have 3 consecutive losing seasons don’t sell out their stadium. (And please hold your argument on the “sell-out” streak, that stadium is full every week)

people tend to underestimate the fact that Tom Osborne had a doctorate in psychology. He could really clear players heads. He could remove the pressure. Bo tried to do it with an us vs them mentality but that’s just not healthy and doesn’t work.

Frost is still learning. I don’t envy him. I don’t have an answer how to do it. But again, I don’t make $5 million a year. If it was an easy task, the earnings wouldn’t be so high.

But when you start to lose and your confidence goes as a player, that’s where great coaches come in. Again, Bo did have an answer for it. That’s why he squeaked out 9 wins a season. But it was very unhealthy and he was never going to reach the next level.

for lack of a better term- our players play very bi-polar right now. We need a coach to keep them grounded. We need a coach to keep them away from the highs and the lows and just keep them focused on playing the game that they’ve been playing since they were barely old enough to walk. We need them to remember that the game suppose to be fun. Scott’s got to learn how to manage that.

And forget the 2017 UCF record. Coaching in Lincoln is a different animal then coaching @ UCF. Only a handful of schools can maybe compare to it and that’s a big fat maybe. playing football in Lincoln is a lot like pitching in Yankee stadium. How many guys come to NY with great arms and end up awful in NY? Some of you guys really underestimate the power of the mind and how it effects play. Fight or flight.

the bottom line is it’s not the coaches fault for the pressure the players have on them but it’s their job to help with that. We haven’t found one that can yet. When I talk about the younger generation, this generation, I can say some bad things about them. But I can also say things that they are getting right that we never did. They are thinkers. They having strong feelings. as a coach it’s hard to manage that. Ten times harder in Lincoln when managing the football team. And again I don’t have the answers. But I’m ready for someone who does

@timnsun
@bigboxes
@mgbreis

The post above is my honest assessment. Don’t like it. Fine bye me. But it’s my opinion, speaking like an adult.

something I find that supports my opinion on “where our players heads are at” is the fact that we see two guys leave campus right before spring ball comes. If they didn’t like the school or the state or missed home, why leave now? Why not leave at the start of the semester? IMO it appears they don’t like the football program. They don’t want to do the work. And can you blame them? They don’t have much positive reinforcement right now? Has anyone on the roster even played in a bowl game? That’s sad.

Squeaking out nine wins, and having everything collapsing isn't a future, and he still didnt get 11 players, which again is average, on the all Big team, not even close, it was going downhill fast, I believe he had 8 in 2013, going only on memory, worse in 2014, and not more than 6 since.
Coaching attrition alone plays the biggest role, as elsewheres I've looked into our top six players in each class, and who actually started, who were difference makers, who were injured, who were misses, and those who left or never showed.
The coaching transitions have killed our 'superior' talent, and we see wiscy with as many four star starters as we have.
First year, a staff doesnt have time to vet most of its recruits, and fits for culture,talent and how decent those guys are aren't vetted well, and huge player attrition happens, then added attrition happens when the old players jump ship with new coaches.
The only classes where the majority of our top six recruits played, plus difference makers were seen in older Bo classes, not his last ones, where he was dead man walking, but prior to that.
Same scenarios hurt both MR and SF.
This is year three, the program is just starting to normalize, and to those who wonder how some coaches turn it around quickly, check to see if those programs have gone through this coaching carousel like we have, the attrition because of it. Youll be hard pressed to see this.

Anyways, players are effected,teams are effected, and consistency creates identity, winning changes mindsets, but the hole this program has dug is deep, but so too are the foundations being laid.

TO is with the staff almost twice a week, as you pointed out, he knows what to do.
He's SFs mentor, yes he has to learn, but he's also rebuilding at the same time.

@timnsun
@bigboxes
@mgbreis

The post above is my honest assessment. Don’t like it. Fine bye me. But it’s my opinion, speaking like an adult.

something I find that supports my opinion on “where our players heads are at” is the fact that we see two guys leave campus right before spring ball comes. If they didn’t like the school or the state or missed home, why leave now? Why not leave at the start of the semester? IMO it appears they don’t like the football program. They don’t want to do the work. And can you blame them? They don’t have much positive reinforcement right now? Has anyone on the roster even played in a bowl game? That’s sad.
I appreciate your last few responses, detailing how you arrived at what you believe. It’s a viable account of the state of Husker football.

No question, we are all ticked at how bad things have been, and we all want to see that improvement. Here’s to seeing this team start to turn the corner and find ways to win the close games. Had we won even 1/3 of the one score games we lost the last 2 years we would have gone bowling both years as well.

That may be another sign of the mental fatigue within the program. Maybe a sign of where the psychology of coaching can improve as well. But if we start winning the close ones, the outlook from the players will turn around as well.

And as always, sorry for my heated words as well. I can be a dick too.

Reactions: spinner4
Up the interstate 60 miles, Creighton had a transfer who left school mid-spring semester last year due to personal issues. CU fans who are friends speculated whether he would ever play a game at Creighton. He came back last fall, sat out the fall semester to complete his 2nd sit-out semester (apparently spring didn't count since he didn't complete the semester) and now could garner 6th man of the year honors in the Big East. I wouldn't call it a foregone conclusion JD isn't coming back. Hope he gets straightened out whatever he is dealing with and comes back in May with renewed vigor and love of the game.

Heard from a source around the program the following regarding JD. Take it or leave it.

-JD has never meshed with this staff. Has always been kind of a loner away from it all.
-JD absolutely wants to play at Minnesota.
-JD was planning on the grad transfer route. When that became an impossibility, he tried to push forward, but after second semester began he got further and further depressed about it the closer spring came.
-The only way JD would really come back to Nebraska is if his dad talks him into it, which he must have at least been trying to do for awhile. But now it seems dad has relented at least a little and almost wants him home.
-If JD doesnt want to play at NU, a waiver from the NCAA is absolutely realistic. As others have said, dad is NFL GM and has lawyers, plus (my take now) factor in the relationship the NcAA wants to keep with the NFL in the age of XFL.
-Anythings possible, but unless JD has a change of heart, chances of him playing at NU are extremely slim.

Heard from a source around the program the following regarding JD. Take it or leave it.

-JD has never meshed with this staff. Has always been kind of a loner away from it all.
-JD absolutely wants to play at Minnesota.
-JD was planning on the grad transfer route. When that became an impossibility, he tried to push forward, but after second semester began he got further and further depressed about it the closer spring came.
-The only way JD would really come back to Nebraska is if his dad talks him into it, which he must have at least been trying to do for awhile. But now it seems dad has relented at least a little and almost wants him home.
-If JD doesnt want to play at NU, a waiver from the NCAA is absolutely realistic. As others have said, dad is NFL GM and has lawyers, plus (my take now) factor in the relationship the NcAA wants to keep with the NFL in the age of XFL.
-Anythings possible, but unless JD has a change of heart, chances of him playing at NU are extremely slim.
He'll probably get the transfer, but he had the opportunity to get the grad transfer. If he really wants to play at MN, suck it up and get the coursework done. He probably has until August.
If that is the situation with JD, it is absolutely for the best that he leaves the program, be it leaving college FB (pretty sure he could get a spot in the XFL) or to the Gophers. But the NCAA might look askance at transferring to a Division rival because "he really wants to play for them". Especially for a player who has only one year left and has already played for the new coach at NU for two years.

To do the graduate transfer, he would not need to get a release from his scholarship and could be immediately eligible like Russell Wilson or Darrion Daniels.

For a regular transfer, he would need a waiver to be immediately eligible but would also need a release from Nebraska.

What am I missing with the Minnesota talk? If he isn't doing a graduate transfer, I would think he would need a release from his scholarship. We would not give him a release for him to go to a conference foe. I don't know if the new rule would change the release aspect.. but I think that it only deals with removing the fact that you would be ineligible for a season.

If anyone has any insight, please correct me.

That is how you spin a senior who it's speculated that he is going through some mental health issues and may have lost his love for the game?

And you're tired of us?
I never saw anywhere anything about mental health issues related to JD. That was speculated on someone else who left the team.

* it was Feb 17th, Nebraska WR Darien Chase cites struggles with mental health, depression in entering transfer portal

You're just now trying to attribute that to him. You people have the ability to twist things around in such a spectacular way, it's downright embarassing.

Last edited:
That guy literally looked like a high school QB against Minnesota.....give me McCaffrey before Vedral any day of the week
I'm down with McCaffrey before Vedral, but last year, it should have probably been Vedral starting since Luke was a true freshman.

you probably don't remember how fast and uptempo the offense was under Vedral either..

I see it. And the glory of our past 'tough' qbs who got sacked cause they never learned to just throw the ball away? Do those 'tough' qbs ever make nfl rosters? Can they pass good enough?

I want a throwing qb who can run, not run tough, but run, who can throw. The past is over
tell it to Frosty.. he's the one saying he wants a tough QB like the old days.

I'm stating facts, that's all.

insisting repeatedly that vedral moved the offense better is just flat wrong. sorry if that doesn't fit your narrative.

the two games he started it was very clear he didn't belong out there. I'm not saying martinez is the answer. I'm saying, with certainty, your boy vedral is not.
I was saying last year, he should have been the answer. The uptempo offense ran way better under Vedral than anything Martinez ever did. So for last year, instead of breaking in a freshman QB, I would have played Vedral, and it was the obvious choice.

You leave a guy like Martinez there, and now the whole team has some sort of confidence problem.. That is why that guy is such a cancer, he makes everyone else worse.

tell it to Frosty.. he's the one saying he wants a tough QB like the old days.
No, if it obvious to you he saw a hurt and struggling qb like he,we,all did, sometimes just toughing through things, or deciding to run it,look around,make the most of your options,he certainly wasn't going to hide it, just repeat whats already been told to his young qb.

Now, if we didnt see his play become really good in some games, and if he didn't make many nice runs, I could agree with the part AM is soft or something, but why did he look good in some games and not others?
I've always attributed this as playing hurt, which he did.

So, SF is simply saying what we all know, no one needs to talk to him, nor AM,he too has been told.
It's you who have to realize playing hurt from game to game can flucuate a players performance.

So, until you produce proof that AMs operation had no effects on his play, you're just hating, not with valid points, nor sound judgement, you dont even have a basis for an argument, we all saw AM playing hurt last year, if you can prove to us that his injuries had no effect, fire away, we're all ears, until then you're just coming off as a bitter hater.

I was saying last year, he should have been the answer. The uptempo offense ran way better under Vedral than anything Martinez ever did. So for last year, instead of breaking in a freshman QB, I would have played Vedral, and it was the obvious choice.

You leave a guy like Martinez there, and now the whole team has some sort of confidence problem.. That is why that guy is such a cancer, he makes everyone else worse.
Vedral did play last year, and, very clearly, proved with his play that he wasn’t the answer.

I believe that uptempo offense, which according to you ran way better than anything led by Martinez, managed to score a whopping 17 points in 2+ games with him at the helm.

Your hate has clouded your vision, I’m afraid. Again, I’m not saying AM is the guy, I’m saying Vedral isn’t and frankly never was. That’s not some revelation, it’s painfully obvious.

Reactions: huntered
No, if it obvious to you he saw a hurt and struggling qb like he,we,all did, sometimes just toughing through things, or deciding to run it,look around,make the most of your options,he certainly wasn't going to hide it, just repeat whats already been told to his young qb.

Now, if we didnt see his play become really good in some games, and if he didn't make many nice runs, I could agree with the part AM is soft or something, but why did he look good in some games and not others?
I've always attributed this as playing hurt, which he did.

So, SF is simply saying what we all know, no one needs to talk to him, nor AM,he too has been told.
It's you who have to realize playing hurt from game to game can flucuate a players performance.

So, until you produce proof that AMs operation had no effects on his play, you're just hating, not with valid points, nor sound judgement, you dont even have a basis for an argument, we all saw AM playing hurt last year, if you can prove to us that his injuries had no effect, fire away, we're all ears, until then you're just coming off as a bitter hater.
If he was too hurt to play, someone else should have been in there. There was no reason for last year to go down like it did. I saw the problems the prior year, but the damage is already done. I've seen plenty of Nebraska QB's play hurt and win big. Your guy, just isn't that kind of guy, and why you back him, I have no idea. But that's ok, you all want to throw out the baby with the bathwater.. go ahead. I can't stop you, but I can clearly see what is going on down there, because now it seems everyone has some sort of mental health problem, and I wonder where they picked that virus up from?

Vedral did play last year, and, very clearly, proved with his play that he wasn’t the answer.

I believe that uptempo offense, which according to you ran way better than anything led by Martinez, managed to score a whopping 17 points in 2+ games with him at the helm.

Your hate has clouded your vision, I’m afraid. Again, I’m not saying AM is the guy, I’m saying Vedral isn’t and frankly never was. That’s not some revelation, it’s painfully obvious.
you can't base it on only 2 games. If he had been made the starter from the get go, we would have had a much better season.

I never saw anywhere anything about mental health issues related to JD. That was speculated on someone else who left the team.

* it was Feb 17th, Nebraska WR Darien Chase cites struggles with mental health, depression in entering transfer portal

You're just now trying to attribute that to him. You people have the ability to twist things around in such a spectacular way, it's downright embarassing.

No, I'm not making it up, unlike you with your 'tea leaves' bullshit.

It was suggested multiple times yesterday and on UC and this morning on SB.

No, I'm not making it up, unlike you with your 'tea leaves' bullshit.

It was suggested multiple times yesterday and on UC and this morning on SB.
it was suggested about JD leaving because he doesn't see eye to eye with your boy Frost and the Martinez disaster, and that was quite some time ago. This didn't just pop up today. At least put some intelligent thought into your posts like you used to do.

it was suggested about JD leaving because he doesn't see eye to eye with your boy Frost and the Martinez disaster, and that was quite some time ago. This didn't just pop up today. At least put some intelligent thought into your posts like you used to do.

Im not an insider so I can only go off the info everyone else gets.

Wouldn't surprise me if JD didn't see eye to eye with Frost as I believe he was one of the guys he called out after the MN game for wearing a hoodie. Which I thought was extremely trivial and dumb for what it's worth. He has also publicly praised JD for what that's worth.

In any case, I don't consider you objective on the matter. And I've long thought you jump to extreme conclusions on the basis of scant evidence. As a fan of this team your stance on Martinez is frankly embarrassing. Criticize the coach all you want--hell I think he deserves a lot of it--but leave the 18-21 year olds out of it.

Also for what it's worth, this team needs to make a bowl game this year at the very least or I'd consider Scott a failure.

He'll probably get the transfer, but he had the opportunity to get the grad transfer. If he really wants to play at MN, suck it up and get the coursework done. He probably has until August.
If that is the situation with JD, it is absolutely for the best that he leaves the program, be it leaving college FB (pretty sure he could get a spot in the XFL) or to the Gophers. But the NCAA might look askance at transferring to a Division rival because "he really wants to play for them". Especially for a player who has only one year left and has already played for the new coach at NU for two years.
“Closer to home”.

Vedral was injured last season as well. I think Luke even was a little dinged up.
As for JD if he’s back in Minny getting things together and deciding whether to continue playing, good luck and hope he’s back in Lincoln. But if he’s at home plotting a transfer strategy to the Gophers after not getting the credits in on time, I hope Frost says no release. If it’s about playing football, but not in Lincoln, well then he shouldn’t show back up in an opposing teams uniform. Which is what he would be doing. He can transfer to a team that is an on NUs schedule.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT