ADVERTISEMENT

JD and Jaevon

This off season. Has been the complete opposite of last off season. Zero hype so far. This could be a 2-3 win season. Hate to say it but holy crap this is looking like a disaster.
Hype really has little to do with actual success. At a place like Nebraska, with the unique situation our kids are in, I believe that hype has a negative effect on the team. It's false confidence. And sure, the lack of hype this year has something to do with the tough schedule, but I think it has to do with too many over hyped teams in consecutive years. Fans and media alike are sick of it. And as fans, it might help if we had our heads out of the clouds.

This year I would settle for a blue collar like 7-5 team that plays everyone tough, plays smart, executes and doesn't beat itself. Maybe even a bowl victory in late December. That would be progress and a nice building block.

May I suggest a silver lining to this cloud? If JD is gone, there ain't nothing that can be done about it. But if he is taking some personal weeks (I'll assume online classes), the advantage to the situation is that some of the other WRs on the roster get reps with the top line units that they otherwise wouldn't get. For example, Alante Brown can use the extra work and chances are NU is going to need that kid come fall. It also gives JDs body a chance to take few less (practice) blows to the body, and he's had more than his share of those. This could be advantageous for JD, should he decide to come back.
Back in the day (70's & 80's), Switzer and to a lesser extent TO, minimized contact drills and scrimmaging for proven upperclassmen during spring ball. There was no point in risking injury when you already knew someone could perform at a high level. JD fits that category. Might be the only player on this team who fits that category.

I hope he comes back. He is a great college player whose abilities may not translate into the NFL. He's not a #1 WR nor does he have the "tough guy" physicality of a Julian Edelman for the slot position. His mental toughness, after last year's Illinois game, should not be doubted. This may be his last season of playing football - hope he comes back and enjoys it with his teammates.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
In your opinion why is it so hard to get those type of players ? Why was UCF able to get them and flip things so quickly? Luck? Is it possible that MR damaged every single player on his team. Either already recruiting or instilling a weak/ carefree type of mentality? Those players are in turn spreading that type of mentality like a virus to the guys Frost is bringing in? Creating a endless plague of mentally fragile players who are ok with losing?
I think UCF's roster is full of guys who were overlooked by FSU, Miami, and Florida, plus a few SEC teams. They are PO'd and play with a serious edge to prove those schools wrong.

We really need the 2 stud WR that signed to get eligible
Maybe we should also hope they live up to the first round grades ,many have given them already. I hate to be that guy, but our record of receiver evaluation has been very subpar under the /golf Guy /Williams /Walter, And only KW has proven track record with developing kids. The fact that Manning and Betts were locked up so soon may be a .

Headline in this morning's LJW: "Receiver depth takes a blow."

Read between the lines and there's your answer.

A) I don’t have to give you shit. I owe you not a dam thing.

B) I already said in the Original post that if I had to explain to you how things are different then they were 23 years ago, I can’t help you because I can’t help stupid. But if you want one dam reason why: here you go. Recruiting services and social media have made kids stars before they hit campus. When they don’t live up to the hype instantly they struggle in many way. fans write them off and bash them on dam internet boards all the time. They are humans. Football players in the 90s didn’t have twitter where fans talked shit to them. These are still kids and it still hurts to state that you suck. Or sometimes what’s even worse is not to be talked about all.

And what should Frost do to change this????????

Marcus Fleming is a name I don’t see much here, but could be the fastest kid in the entire B1G the second he steps onto campus.

We need JD, but might have viable alternatives. Most notably: a vastly improved rushing attack.

That is precisely what we need more than anything imo.

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
or all our players must be weak minded because Frost is 9-15 at Nebraska.
Exactly. Name the 11 guys each year Bo, MR and SF has put on the Big Tens all Big team each year?
No? Cant do it? Why? We're averaging around six, the rest of the Big? Almost 11.

Three coaches, they must all be bad, and our players good? Just have never gotten coached right? While some have had as many as five position coaches?
I really want to hear why you think why we haven't hit average here. If its the coaches, thats alot of coaches.

So,please explain why we are just slightly over half of average on getting guys on the all Big team? Why is almost every other team getting more? This incudes Bos guys too.

He doesn't think they are. He thinks the problem is the adults, or at least the head coach. Because, Nikki being Nikki.
oh you guys already know who I think the loser is.. look at his winning percentage and you would see it too.. and if Scott keeps going on with this, then he's continuing to make bad decisions for the team.

At some point, a guy has to see things for what they are and make the best decision for himself. JD is an adult. He's going into his senior season and staring at the dumpster fire the last two seasons and naturally giving things a second thought. Put yourself in his shoes, you would be stupid not to be re-evaluating things.

Just this kind of drama going on tells me next year is likely going to be the 2AM and Frost sh*tshow all over again. But, stay classy everyone and support your team, and head coach, while they ram the program that you are supposed to care about, into the ground.

Only guys who put up with losers and those with endless patience and class are allowed to care about Husker football, and for me, I'm not really interested in hanging out with you.

oh you guys already know who I think the loser is.. look at his winning percentage and you would see it too.. and if Scott keeps going on with this, then he's continuing to make bad decisions for the team.

At some point, a guy has to see things for what they are and make the best decision for himself. JD is an adult. He's going into his senior season and staring at the dumpster fire the last two seasons and naturally giving things a second thought. Put yourself in his shoes, you would be stupid not to be re-evaluating things.

Just this kind of drama going on tells me next year is likely going to be the 2AM and Frost sh*tshow all over again. But, stay classy everyone and support your team, and head coach, while they ram the program that you are supposed to care about, into the ground.

Only guys who put up with losers and those with endless patience and class are allowed to care about Husker football, and for me, I'm not really interested in hanging out with you.

Going on with what? You honestly sound like an insane person, you know that right?

Go to LA for instant gratification if you dont have patience, please. Oh wait, usc sucks.
Well ,then go to fla, oh wait, miaml and fsu suck.
Well, then go to texas, oh wait,texas sucks.

Funny, I have no patience for the weakass 'fans' who have no patience for this team.
Theyre ignorant little brats, I want it now, reminds me of those kids grabbing everything they can get their hands on as mommy pushes them in the shopping cart,

Big boy pants on, have just a little more patience.

It's 100% the mentality. Frost is trying to the get the mentally tough kids and a lot of them. That's not a tough concept. The right type of kid meshes with the 90s mentality concept. The wrong type of kid doesn't, simple as that.
lol, that is why Scott keeps playing his soft as pudding loser QB? why would he do that if he really wanted tough guys? I heard him say he wanted tough guys, but it was just all talk.. seems that is what Frost is, a lot of talk.

it's been 20 years.. gonna be a lot more

lol, that is why Scott keeps playing his soft as pudding loser QB? why would he do that if he really wanted tough guys? I heard him say he wanted tough guys, but it was just all talk.. seems that is what Frost is, a lot of talk.
The "soft" one that played injured most of last year? Yeah, he had a down year. His backups werent exactly capable of running the show though.

The "soft" one that played injured most of last year? Yeah, he had a down year. His backups werent exactly capable of running the show though.
disagree.. the offense moved way better with Noah in there, that guy should have started last year.

Frost/Husker winning % without Martinez starting at QB: 0.00%

disagree.. the offense moved way better with Noah in there, that guy should have started last year.

Played well at times.. Before he was hurt in the Indiana game he fumbled on a huge opportunity to go ahead by at least 2 scores. Indiana scored and didn’t languish the lead from there on out on won the game..

That play basically costed Nebraska the game...

it's been 20 years.. gonna be a lot more
Well, needing surgery, is that tough for you? Still playing, needing surgery, is this what you mean by being soft?
Funny,Frost has hardly talked about AMs surgery

Played well at times.. Before he was hurt in the Indiana game he fumbled on a huge opportunity to go ahead by at least 2 scores. Indiana scored and didn’t languish the lead from there on out on won the game..

and then he was too soft to continue. no, i don't really believe that but running your mouth when you don't know shit is fun.

spread out over 2 years

so the replacement got in on a game here or a game there.. or when it was already out of hand.. and I think your boy got bailed out by Vedral too. So even your percentage is wrong.

I admire you for trying to defend the results of the last 2 years, but I don't know why you would want to. It's like you love losing or something.

Well, needing surgery, is that tough for you? Still playing, needing surgery, is this what you mean by being soft?
Funny,Frost has hardly talked about AMs surgery
have you not watched him play? he's never been tough. he's always been a finesse player. There is no power in his game.

and how many games has Martinez cost Nebraska.. it's a long list.

ADVERTISEMENT