ADVERTISEMENT

Jaylin Bradley to the Transfer Portal

Yeah I really thought he would flourish under Frost, not sure what happened. I heard rumors he was in Helds dog house and just couldn't get out of it.
Side note, I though Washington entered the portal a few weeks back, but I don't see him in there. Does it take a long time for that to be updated.

Good luck to him...

Best for us that he moves on, better players are ahead of him like I mentioned in another post..

Once a Husker, always a Husker....

but if you made a list of the scholarship guys who you'd encourage to pursue other opportunities, I think Pernell Jefferson, Tony Butler, and Jaylin Bradley would have been in everyone's top 5. I say that with the utmost respect to the student-athletes because we were all very happy to see them choose Nebraska when they did, but these moves needed to happen for both parties.

Once a Husker, always a Husker....

but if you made a list of the scholarship guys who you'd encourage to pursue other opportunities, I think Pernell Jefferson, Tony Butler, and Jaylin Bradley would have been in everyone's top 5. I say that with the utmost respect to the student-athletes because we were all very happy to see them choose Nebraska when they did, but these moves needed to happen for both parties.

Might want to add one more David Alston..

Reactions: jeans15
The RB room is looking pretty thin next year. We better hope Mills stays healthy and Morrison and Scott come in ready to play.

Sadly if he couldnt find the field last season when we were so thin at RB, it might not happen for him as we continue to add depth. Had two walk-ons ahead of him (Mazour and Belt). Will have two RS freshman RBs and two true freshman RBs this season.

Wish him the best in his search for a new opportunity and thank him for his contributions to the program. Godspeed Jaylin!

The RB room is looking pretty thin next year. We better hope Mills stays healthy and Morrison and Scott come in ready to play.

Eh.. I'm in a wait and see mode. Mills is proven, Rahmir didn't look too bad, Thmopkins if he healed could be a big time stud. The young guns are also going to have an opportunity with Marvin Scott being a grown ass man. I think we are in ok shape. If some of these guys break out we could be real good here.

Sadly if he couldnt find the field last season when we were so thin at RB, it might not happen for him as we continue to add depth. Had two walk-ons ahead of him (Mazour and Belt). Will have two RS freshman RBs and two true freshman RBs this season.

Wish him the best in his search for a new opportunity and thank him for his contributions to the program. Godspeed Jaylin!

True, but people said similar things about Ozigbo when he was buried on the depth chart. I hoped things would click for Bradley his last 2 years like they did for Ozigbo.

Reactions: pahusker139
Eh.. I'm in a wait and see mode. Mills is proven, Rahmir didn't look too bad, Thmopkins if he healed could be a big time stud. The young guns are also going to have an opportunity with Marvin Scott being a grown ass man. I think we are in ok shape. If some of these guys break out we could be real good here.
You didn't mention Morrison uas well. We may be young, but we have bodies, something we didnt have in 2014 as I posted above.
In2016 at UCF, the three top rushers other than the qb were two frosh, in 2017 at UCF, 3 of the top 5 were rrosh.
I dont see the pattern changing, Helds guys, SFs guys all

I suspect Alston and McQuitty complete most people's top 5 acceptable transfers list.
Alston is still relatively young. Would rather see a guy like Rafdal enter the portal. Nothing about his on-field performance indicates he's going to be a factor in the future.

Yeah I really thought he would flourish under Frost, not sure what happened. I heard rumors he was in Helds dog house and just couldn't get out of it.
Side note, I though Washington entered the portal a few weeks back, but I don't see him in there. Does it take a long time for that to be updated.
He seemed to be struggling with the playbook, especially in the screen game and catching passes. He wasn't a terrible runner, but Frost's offense requires that you execute those other areas well.

By Frost's standards, it's pretty thin, but I wouldn't say it's thin in general. RB is one position where it's not hard to contribute early if you have the talent.

The room contains Mills, Thompkins, Rahmir, Morrison, Scott, and Belt. Wandale can also play from that position. Will Nixon rushed for 252 yds. in a high school game last year (largest school FB division in TX). If Mills gets seriously injured, I doubt Jaylin would be the answer. But I would think that NU should be able to cobble something together with the other eight I've listed.

Last edited:
True, but people said similar things about Ozigbo when he was buried on the depth chart. I hoped things would click for Bradley his last 2 years like they did for Ozigbo.

Bradley never looked quick through the hole, and he never ran with the aggressiveness that Ozigbo did. You could see even as a freshman that Ozigbo was going to be able to handle D1 football. I never got that feeling watching Bradley play.

Reactions: Crazyhole
Watch Ronald Thomkins' video again. If healthy, the man can run the ball.

The room contains Mills, Thompkins, Rahmir, Morrison, Scott, and Belt. Wandale can also play from that position. Will Nixon rushed for 252 yds. in a high school game last year (largest school FB division in TX). If Mills gets seriously injured, I doubt Jaylin would be the answer. But I would think that NU should be able to cobble something together with the other eight I've listed.
You forgot Brown too. Thats just it, we are deeper than many think, on your list, plus Brown, there's just four guys who may see limited time, Brown,Nixon Scott and Morrison, to save a possible redshirt.
My thoughts are, of those four,likely two wont be limited to four games next year.
That leaves us five deep,with two duckr types. Slightly thin, but not too much.

Bradley never looked quick through the hole, and he never ran with the aggressiveness that Ozigbo did. You could see even as a freshman that Ozigbo was going to be able to handle D1 football. I never got that feeling watching Bradley play.
I thought Bradley was quick enough but to play at NU under Frost takes a different mindset in practice and workouts IMO than maybe he possessed. I thought he looked good when he played as a freshman. JMHO.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
I thought Bradley was quick enough but to play at NU under Frost takes a different mindset in practice and workouts IMO than maybe he possessed. I thought he looked good when he played as a freshman. JMHO.

I think you hit it on the head. The talent is definitely there, but the drive just sounds like it is not.

I suspect Alston and McQuitty complete most people's top 5 acceptable transfers list.
McQuitty I think is only going to be a redshirt junior and he did play some this past season. It is still possible that he could become a contributor. I don't think Frost has written him off yet. It will be interesting to see what different coaching will mean for our WRs if anything.

If the o-line continues to improve it will be utterly shocking how the RB's will look better. The 49ers have a guy who bounced around special teams for 7 different franchises at RB and he looks like a stud. Because of the o-line.

If the o-line continues to improve it will be utterly shocking how the RB's will look better. The 49ers have a guy who bounced around special teams for 7 different franchises at RB and he looks like a stud. Because of the o-line.
O line and offensive scheme. The Niners execute that zone stretch play better than anybody I've ever seen. It's a WCO special that Callahan ran as well.

McQuitty I think is only going to be a redshirt junior and he did play some this past season. It is still possible that he could become a contributor. I don't think Frost has written him off yet. It will be interesting to see what different coaching will mean for our WRs if anything.
Yeah MCQuitty was going to be a factor in Coach Dubs rotation as a true Freshman before he was injured. Wonder if blocking cost him PT under Walter and how much that matters under Lubick.

Dang, really thought NE would lean on him last year while Mills was getting acclimated? Guess I was wrong. Wish him the best!
Now it’s time for competition competition and some more competition. We’ve got to get back to the old meaning of “I Back U!”

Because you use the words "didn't look too bad" and I would add in very few opportunities, "if healed", and the Young guns "are going to have the opportunity" pretty much sums it all up doesn't it? Everything has to perfectly come together and we have a lot of unknown ability. It is what it is.

Two unknowns brought in by the staff, Killins and Anderson. Let's just give it time, this year is the year

Because you use the words "didn't look too bad" and I would add in very few opportunities, "if healed", and the Young guns "are going to have the opportunity" pretty much sums it all up doesn't it? Everything has to perfectly come together and we have a lot of unknown ability. It is what it is.

Not really. You have Mills & Rahmir that look just fine. Thompkins yes, you can follow that logic, but the kid is special when healthy. RB we will be fine.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT