ADVERTISEMENT

Jay Leno joke...

Hoosker Du

Nebraska Football Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2001
Two hunters are walking through the woods when they come across a hole. They look down and can’t see the bottom, so they look around for something to throw in the hole to find out how deep it is.

They find a rusty old anvil and they both drag it over and throw it down the hole. The hole is so deep they never hear it hit the bottom.

Suddenly, they hear rustling leaves behind them and a galloping sound. A goat goes flying past them and jumps right into the hole. They just look at each other, completely astonished.

Shortly after they hear a guy calling out "Becky, Becky!!" He sees the two hunters and walks up to them and says "Have you guys seen my goat?” One of the men says “I'm sorry, a goat just went racing by us and dove into this hole.”

The man says, “That’s impossible, I just tied her off to an anvil this morning.”

I don't know about the OP, but I am a big Seinfeld fan so I watched a few episodes of this. I found it just okay. Got tedious in spots.

I thought some were a little drab, but some really made me laugh. Alec Baldwin was hilarious! The Five Easy Pieces reference, but with chicken salad, really made me laugh. Now I realize why he is so good at impromptu, like when he does Trump on SNL. I would guess a fair amount of that he is just making up as he goes.

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
That is easy. I have goats. And some of my goats I keep in the woods, tethered to an old, heavy Tractor tire rim. I keep the goats in the woods to clear out poison ivy.

I bet it's probably a little bit of an ode to cartoons too, when cartoon characters would drop anvils on other cartoon characters. The anvil was pretty popular in the Road Runner cartoons, and made its appearance a number of times in Bugs Bunny cartoons. I think an anvil even made an appearance in Who Framed Roger Rabbit.

That is easy. I have goats. And some of my goats I keep in the woods, tethered to an old, heavy Tractor tire rim. I keep the goats in the woods to clear out poison ivy.

I am actually thinking of renting a goat for poison ivy control. The property we bought was neglected for 30 years, so the poison ivy is crazy. Some trees have vines as thing as my wrist running up them. I got about 3/4 of it cleared last year and I know I have a bunch to clear in the spring when it starts to come back. It is a bear though. Also, turns out I am pretty allergic to poison ivy.

I am actually thinking of renting a goat for poison ivy control. The property we bought was neglected for 30 years, so the poison ivy is crazy. Some trees have vines as thing as my wrist running up them. I got about 3/4 of it cleared last year and I know I have a bunch to clear in the spring when it starts to come back. It is a bear though. Also, turns out I am pretty allergic to poison ivy.
I am SUPER allergic to poison ivy so it was imperative for me to get it cleared out. I was in your same situation. When I bought this place it had been neglected for 40 years and it had tons of poison ivy. But goats love the stuff and really will clear it out. But.... you should take a machete to the bottom of the thicker vines and kill them off. The goats will then eat the leaves and the smaller vines. And when the whole process is done, to make sure the bottom, rooted end of the vine does not come back, I sprayed with roundup

Reactions: GretnaShawn
I love it! Norm McDonald, Jay Leno, and Alec Baldwin were my favorites so far.

Tried watching. saw the one with Jim Carey. Found it to be pretty boring and not remotely funny or entertaining. Turned it off after about 10 minutes. Maybe I will try one with Norm or Jay, and give it another chance.

Here's the Five Easy Pieces scene I was referring to. Jack N. at his best..

Tried watching. saw the one with Jim Carey. Found it to be pretty boring and not remotely funny or entertaining. Turned it off after about 10 minutes. Maybe I will try one with Norm or Jay, and give it another chance.

I really liked the one with Jim Carey too. I'm not one that follows the goings on in Hollywood very closely at all, other than being a pretty big movie buff. Maybe it's just interesting to me to see how witty they are when they aren't reading a script.

I am SUPER allergic to poison ivy so it was imperative for me to get it cleared out. I was in your same situation. When I bought this place it had been neglected for 40 years and it had tons of poison ivy. But goats love the stuff and really will clear it out. But.... you should take a machete to the bottom of the thicker vines and kill them off. The goats will then eat the leaves and the smaller vines. And when the whole process is done, to make sure the bottom, rooted end of the vine does not come back, I sprayed with roundup

I have cut all the vines at the base already. I have pretty well gone in quadrants. There is a back little forest that I need to get to this spring. I pull all that I can get and bag it (while in a nomex suit, rubber gloves, a face mask and covered boots). Then I spray with the poison ivy round up. Hopefully after I get that back portion all cleared out it will be able to stay on top of it with spot spraying every month or two.

When we first bought the place I had no idea the thick vines running up several of the trees was poison ivy. That was a hard lesson. Luckily I was able to steal some of my dogs prednisone.

So in this joke, does the anvil represent Riley? I am confused? Is the GOAT Frost? Why did he jump in? Is the poison ivy representing the bad culture that they are trying to get rid of? I am so confused!!!

So in this joke, does the anvil represent Riley? I am confused? Is the GOAT Frost? Why did he jump in? Is the poison ivy representing the bad culture that they are trying to get rid of? I am so confused!!!

No Riley is the guy who lost the goat - cuz he can't do anything right
The hunter is Pelini - cuz he screws everything up

What show are we talking about here?

It's called "Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee." It was originally a web-based series that was hosted by Jerry Seinfeld. He would borrow classic cars (sometimes would drive his own) and would pick up comedians or other luminaries, and they would go get coffee or a bite to eat, and the entire interaction would be filmed with Hi-Def cameras in the car or restaurant/coffee shop.

There has been app. 5 years of these episodes that were previously available online that are now available on Netflix. Some pretty funny interactions. If you have Netflix check 'em out. Or here is a brief compilation of portiins of the episodes...

As God as my witness - I didn't know goats could eat poison ivy.

turkeys-fly.jpg

Reactions: GretnaShawn
As God as my witness - I didn't know goats could eat poison ivy.

turkeys-fly.jpg

It is apparently one of their favorite foods. The poison in poison ivy only affects humans. So be careful petting your dog after the run through the woods. The dog won't care, but you can pick it up off of them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT