ADVERTISEMENT

Jay Foreman on the Dline

Daniels is going to be a monster by next year, and so will the Davis twins. They'll be seniors next year, right?

Reactions: red scowl
Daniels is going to be a monster by next year, and so will the Davis twins. They'll be seniors next year, right?
DavisX2 will be seniors and NU has Daniels for 3 years after this. Khalil and Carlos are valuable as they can also play the nose. Great youth in Daniels, Stille and Thomas.

Reactions: huskerfan66
Sounds like Mick has some injury issues nagging him. Those three were a nice combo last week. They rotated 9 guys along the front.

Wildemann tore his ACL, hasn't been mentioned much.

Reactions: jeans15
Sounds like Mick has some injury issues nagging him. Those three were a nice combo last week. They rotated 9 guys along the front.

Wildemann tore his ACL, hasn't been mentioned much.
Did that happen last week during practice?

After watching Newell, I'm okay if he doesn't play meaningful snaps. Caused problems for our defense when he was in.

Freedom should play, he gets a nice push. Mick is much improved. The DL is a welcome bright spot this year.

Did that happen last week during practice?

After watching Newell, I'm okay if he doesn't play meaningful snaps. Caused problems for our defense when he was in.
Yeah nothing personal against the guy but I've never seen it with Newell. One of those guys who gets talked up a bunch in the spring and doesn't make plays in the fall. Daniels is just a mountainous human being.

Did they move Thomas out to DE? I liked him early on but he seems to be on the milk carton. Plays super low behind his pads.

Yeah nothing personal against the guy but I've never seen it with Newell. One of those guys who gets talked up a bunch in the spring and doesn't make plays in the fall. Daniels is just a mountainous human being.

Did they move Thomas out to DE? I liked him early on but he seems to be on the milk carton. Plays super low behind his pads.
I was wondering the same thing about Thomas.

Newell got moved a handful of times when it mattered, and it screwed up run fits for the rest of the defense. You ask LBs to run fit a gap three times as wide as what it should be unless its Lavonte David. He kept his helmet in his gap, but because he is so easily moved, he makes it harder on everyone else.

As for the rest of the defensive line, they did fine. Khalil Davis did some good things for sure. But I don't want to see Newell play another snap. He got abused out there.

Reactions: Hoosker Du
Thomas got some PT. But with Freedom, Stille and Davis x2 at DE, PT will be competitive.
We're going to have some guys MIA at times or with limited playing time and we shouldn't read too much in to it with Frost's reluctance to give out injury information. It's gone back to the way it was under Dr. Tom. I would be sitting in the stands wondering where somebody was back then and the guy next to me would whisper to me what the injury or disciplinary action was. Nobody would know publicly. No message boards back then I guess.

Reactions: headcard
As for the rest of the defensive line, they did fine. Khalil Davis did some good things for sure. But I don't want to see Newell play another snap. He got abused out there.

Yep, it was hard not to notice Newell being pushed all over the place. Gotta say he has been one big disappointment for a kid that was at one time ranked a 4-star player.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT