ADVERTISEMENT

Jason Peter tweet

He' made his disdain for DONU very clear in how CJ and Cade were handled by not being offered by either Lil Boo Boo or Playsoft Riley. We were the 1st to offer KJ. This is the path he chose and more than likely the reason was, he saw the writing on the wall with what we had back in the room and the additions of Nixon, Brown Flemming, Manning and former teammate Betts which maybe gave him doubts on any real playing time here. Most definitely, KJ isn't even in the same galaxy of talent level of the 5 coming in. There will be some on the board to disagree, but do yourselves a favor and open your eyes.

I found the article people are pissed about. This quote from CJ stood out to me:

"At the end of the day, it comes down to winning," Johnson said. "This is not my Nebraska. It is not the same. They're not winning and not going to bowl games."

I see it’s only your Nebraska when we’re winning championships. Now I see why people are pissed.
People act like those of us that are angry about the programs status are the cause of that status, and that isn’t true. The guys down there running the program are responsible for it.

Reactions: Husker_AMG63
Is it sad? yeah. Is any internal drama annoying? yep.
But as some have suggested, I think it’s time to move on and focus on getting our own players who want to be committed to the resurrection of the program.
Time to score some points, win ball games, and breathe some life into Husker football.
The Johnsons and Dickersons and Watts can all enjoy their time somewhere else as they didn’t want to be a part of what we hopefully will accomplish here soon.

Reactions: headcard
He' made his disdain for DONU very clear in how CJ and Cade were handled by not being offered by either Lil Boo Boo or Playsoft Riley. We were the 1st to offer KJ. This is the path he chose and more than likely the reason was, he saw the writing on the wall with what we had back in the room and the additions of Nixon, Brown Flemming, Manning and former teammate Betts which maybe gave him doubts on any real playing time here. Most definitely, KJ isn't even in the same galaxy of talent level of the 5 coming in. There will be some on the board to disagree, but do yourselves a favor and open your eyes.

I also thought that he had some pretty good competition to go up against including classmate Betts...

Another reason why I’m not so upset why he chose iowa over his dad’s Alma mater..

or do you want to be part of a once storied program trying to make a come back?

The problem is that the program has been trying to make a come back for decades and failing. Can't blame a recruit for wanting stability and going elsewhere at this point. Frost needs to prove he can win consistently and so far as a head coach he has failed to do that outside of one special season at another school.

Reactions: PeliniTheCrutch
The problem is that the program has been trying to make a come back for decades and failing. Can't blame a recruit for wanting stability and going elsewhere at this point. Frost needs to prove he can win consistently and so far as a head coach he has failed to do that outside of one special season at another school.
The kid is going to Iowa, not exactly a football powerhouse.

If he refuses to wear hawk gear I’ll cut him some slack. Otherwise, once you leave the family you’re out...

giphy.gif
I'd be disappointed if he didn't wear Hawk gear. It's where his son plays. I'm sorry, but son trumps alma mater.

Reactions: MotoHusker
That might be....but maybe the kid had a better rapport with Ferentz than with Frost....or with the position coach. Maybe he likes Iowa City better than Lincoln, as far as the city is concerned. Maybe he found the campus more to his liking.....

And, whether or not we want to admit it, Iowa has been a lot closer to being a powerhouse than Nebraska has as of late. Maybe (hopefully) that will change, but, based on the last 7-8 years, that is the case.

Not a powerhouse, but in relation to NU a stable, winning program with a coach that has been there for decades. Iowa is a decent football program, NU currently is not.

Yeah it sucks, but it's the damn truth and too many NU fans want to wear blinders to the fact that Iowa is better right now and a much more stable program. For some recruits that trumps what Scott Frost did one season at UCF and what NU did 25 years ago.

Not a powerhouse, but in relation to NU a stable, winning program with a coach that has been there for decades. Iowa is a decent football program, NU currently is not.

Yeah it sucks, but it's the damn truth and too many NU fans want to wear blinders to the fact that Iowa is better right now and a much more stable program. For some recruits that trumps what Scott Frost did one season at UCF and what NU did 25 years ago.
Not to very many recruits, it doesn’t seem to. The line between Nebraska and Iowa is much, much thinner than you are admitting. With all that stability and whatever else you are so impressed by and all the turmoil at Nebraska, they have beat us by a last second FG twice and haven’t won anything meaningful in recent history that we haven’t (we have won the division as many times as they have). I get being envious of OSU or even Wisconsin, but Iowa, no freaking way.

Not to very many recruits, it doesn’t seem to. The line between Nebraska and Iowa is much, much thinner than you are admitting. With all that stability and whatever else you are so impressed by and all the turmoil at Nebraska, they have beat us by a last second FG twice and haven’t won anything meaningful in recent history that we haven’t (we have won the division as many times as they have). I get being envious of OSU or even Wisconsin, but Iowa, no freaking way.

Hell we should be jealous of Minnesota too..They have had one great season..

Hell we should be jealous of Minnesota too..They have had one great season..
Plenty of our fans are. I will go ahead and wait before jumping on that bandwagon. But at least they might turn into something, Iowa is just going to keep being Iowa.

Reactions: scarletred
Plenty of our fans are. I will go ahead and wait before jumping on that bandwagon. But at least they might turn into something, Iowa is just going to keep being Iowa.

I used it for sarcasm.. Which you don’t hear from me that often..

Reactions: headcard
Save the drama for your mama
It's pretty simple. You bleed red or you don't. It shouldn't take more than a couple days to decide if you want to be a Husker. This isn't a Frost thing or a losing thing. If you bleed Nebraska football it should be a pretty easy decision.

All the years of Nebraska high school coaches, players, and nebraskans in general bitching about Nebraska kids not getting offers and now they don't take them. I guess frost needs to start recruiting Nebraska like California and not give Nebraska kids the benefit of the doubt.

Stability is just an excuse. Anyone with a brain knows frost isn't going anywhere and were going to the top tier of the facilities arms race. If winning 7 or 8 games is the reason for picking a school then there should have been a list of schools to choose from. Just say your not really a husker fan and move on.

Stability is about winning and going to bowl games consistently and having a staff that has been in place for a while.

In a 5 year snapshot, they have been head and shoulders above NU in that regard. That's the only time frame that matters in the minds of recruits.

Yes they have not dominated us on the field of play but in terms of standings, bowl games and stability of staff they sure as hell have in the last 5 years. That's not envy, it's logic.

Reactions: Husker_AMG63
Stability is about winning and going to bowl games consistently and having a staff that has been in place for a while.

In a 5 year snapshot, they have been head and shoulders above NU in that regard. That's the only time frame that matters in the minds of recruits.

Yes they have not dominated us on the field of play but in terms of standings, bowl games and stability of staff they sure as hell have in the last 5 years. That's not envy, it's logic.
No it's not. Bowl games and not firing coaches is not really the be all you are making it out to be.

That might be....but maybe the kid had a better rapport with Ferentz than with Frost....or with the position coach. Maybe he likes Iowa City better than Lincoln, as far as the city is concerned. Maybe he found the campus more to his liking.....

And, whether or not we want to admit it, Iowa has been a lot closer to being a powerhouse than Nebraska has as of late. Maybe (hopefully) that will change, but, based on the last 7-8 years, that is the case.
His relationship was with Walters. They were upset that Walters left and like the Iowa WR coach. Meh. Whatever. I was concerned that we were offering him just because he was a legacy.

It's pretty simple. You bleed red or you don't. It shouldn't take more than a couple days to decide if you want to be a Husker.

This is just dumb & why you are out of touch with reality.
As soon as people like you stop thinking that way the faster NU will be back on track.

Well I got bitch slapped on this board for saying that I believe there are bigger problems down in Lincoln right now.. and some even understand the concept of reading between the lines, but apparently most are selective with that ability or just don't want to see it and would rather attack others for pointing it out just like Jason Peter.

I also don't think it's right to just STFU and not saying anything, as that kind of behavior is for cowards.
The reason you got slapped is because you don't actually know anything, other than you don't like Frost and you don't like Martinez. Reading between the lines... you mean your imagination?

His relationship was with Walters. They were upset that Walters left and like the Iowa WR coach. Meh. Whatever. I was concerned that we were offering him just because he was a legacy.

As many have said, if he was from Kansas or another state not named Nebraska, we would not give a crap about him going to Iowa. The legacy thing is what makes it sting. My take, F’ legacy, let’s get the best prospect here.

This is just dumb & why you are out of touch with reality.
As soon as people like you stop thinking that way the faster NU will be back on track.

If your dad won a national title and you live an hour from campus then you either dreamed of playing for the huskers or you didn't. Did we not offer him first? The qb that committed is a perfect example. Needed less than a week and he was getting more offers the longer he waited.

Decades? We were the pinnacle. What everyone wanted to be or shoot for. Then we slipped to tier 2. Wasn't until Riley era that we became subpar and still there.

If your dad won a national title and you live an hour from campus then you either dreamed of playing for the huskers or you didn't. Did we not offer him first? The qb that committed is a perfect example. Needed less than a week and he was getting more offers the longer he waited.
Jason? Is that you?

Benning seems to be saying it is a guy working at Warren Academy, run by Steve Warren, where Fidone and Dickerson train. Seems like this clown was bad mouthing Nebraska and Peter either blames Warren or mistakenly thought it was him.?
Well that might explain Dickerson. The plot thickens. Might be time for cousin Guido to visit the "clown" in question. Where are Pelini and his goons when you need them?:Cool:

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT