ADVERTISEMENT

Jason Peter tweet

Well I got bitch slapped on this board for saying that I believe there are bigger problems down in Lincoln right now.. and some even understand the concept of reading between the lines, but apparently most are selective with that ability or just don't want to see it and would rather attack others for pointing it out just like Jason Peter.

I also don't think it's right to just STFU and not saying anything, as that kind of behavior is for cowards.

CJ defending himself in the comments.
People have the mistaken idea that over the years the brotherhood of Husker football or ANY team for that matter, is just one big happy family. There are always feuds between different personalities on any team. It's just a matter of whether or not they can rise above that on game days. New flash, there were a lot of guys who hated Frazier. There were some guys who couldn't stand Frost when he played. Clester Johnson was not some pillar of virtue when he played. Any time you hit a rough patch those things tend to get accentuated and Husker football has been in a rough patch for a good share of the past 20 years. The only thing that shuts that stuff up is winning.

I said it in a post the other day, maybe CJ should give back his ring. I said it in half jest but man I don't know how you don't talk your kid out of going to Iowa. Clester was a very average wingback at NU and obviously now a very mediocre parent.Winking Now he's talking sh## about his alma mater and no doubt will be wearing black and gold on game days.....:(

Well I got bitch slapped on this board for saying that I believe there are bigger problems down in Lincoln right now.. and some even understand the concept of reading between the lines, but apparently most are selective with that ability or just don't want to see it and would rather attack others for pointing it out just like Jason Peter.

I also don't think it's right to just STFU and not saying anything, as that kind of behavior is for cowards.
What are you implying here? How does JP’s tweet indicate bigger problems is Lincoln?

Winning will cure all on the recruiting front. Can’t blame a kid for choosing a program that can develop players and turn out high round draft pics. It kills me, but this is the reality until we start winning...and with the product we have seen on the field it might be longer than we want to be.

Jesus grow up. The people who are angry at a dad who supported his sons decision to not attend the home town school, should jump off of a cliff. The world would be a better place.
It isn't about supporting a son's decision. It's about ENCOURAGING him to go elsewhere and then talking smack about your alma mater after he does. That's a horse of a different color than "supporting" the kid after he decides to go elsewhere. It does kind of slam the door on him reconsidering his blunder but oh well. If he's that stupid to make the mistake to want to wear yellow on his back, I don't want him.Winking

Winning will cure all on the recruiting front. Can’t blame a kid for choosing a program that can develop players and turn out high round draft pics. It kills me, but this is the reality until we start winning...and with the product we have seen on the field it might be longer than we want to be.

Could care less where this kid went, but to say he picked this school because of developing high round draft picks is laughable. This school does the exact opposite with wideouts.

Jesus grow up. The people who are angry at a dad who supported his sons decision to not attend the home town school, should jump off of a cliff. The world would be a better place.
I agree totally, if this is just about KJ picking a school. However, if CJ (or any former player) is advising other kids to go somewhere else, that’s is bullshit. Coach Frost is just getting started here and guys like CJ begged him to come back and fix this mess. Stabbing the program in the back like that would be a huge problem.

I love it! 40 year old dudes bitching on twitter...but we expect "kids" to act like adults.
It's just how it's done now. Talking smack is glorified. The ruder the better. I can't find the Jay Foreman tweet anymore so maybe he thought the better of it. Getting smacked by Jay Foreman would sting because Foreman is IMO a great great former Husker who is very measured.

What clester Johnson said isn't wrong. Assessing the past 5 years he is correct. Looking forward 5 years, who knows. Question is do you want to go to a program that is stable yet not world beaters or do you want to be part of a once storied program trying to make a come back? Then throw on top of that playing time and what talent is ahead of you. Bellevue West appears to not be a very good husker high school recently but then historically Omaha and Omaha schools have been difficult at times. Alot of Iowa fans in Omaha which is understandable for a border city.

Was I disappointed to lose a legacy kid? ABSOLUTELY. I think clester was just trying to get ahead of all the kids bashing. I get what he was saying but sometimes it's better to just stay quiet, have thick skin about the decision and let it blow over. Maybe that's what Jason Peter, sorry, Peters was trying to say

The comments out of the Johnson camp were unnecessary. Iowa currently has a more stable program, having a coach for 20 plus years will do that, but other than stability Iowa doesn’t offer anything better than Nebraska and never will. Hopefully Nebraska football can get back on track and make him regret his decision.

What smack did Clester the Hawk say?
It doesn't appear that it was in a public venue. There were reports that they said "NU just wasn't the same as it used to be". There were comments made about the staff turnover etc. The comments from KJ sounded like he had memorized Iowa's recruiting pitch about stability (sustained mediocrity) and NU's staff turnover. Never mind that Frost has a new extension adding up to 7 more years.

The comments out of the Johnson camp were unnecessary. Iowa currently has a more stable program, having a coach for 20 plus years will do that, but other than stability Iowa doesn’t offer anything better than Nebraska and never will. Hopefully Nebraska football can get back on track and make him regret his decision.
Sure it’s a “stable” program, but it’s not like it’s Ohio State or even Wisconsin. Despite all our issues the last two decades they are barely any better than us. Touting any kid of success when picking a school like Iowa is laughable.

Clester was on radio in Des Moines on Thursday morning and refused to say Go Hawks. Just sayin
If he refuses to wear hawk gear I’ll cut him some slack. Otherwise, once you leave the family you’re out...

giphy.gif

I found the article people are pissed about. This quote from CJ stood out to me:

"At the end of the day, it comes down to winning," Johnson said. "This is not my Nebraska. It is not the same. They're not winning and not going to bowl games."

I see it’s only your Nebraska when we’re winning championships. Now I see why people are pissed.

I found the article people are pissed about. This quote from CJ stood out to me:

"At the end of the day, it comes down to winning," Johnson said. "This is not my Nebraska. It is not the same. They're not winning and not going to bowl games."

I see it’s only your Nebraska when we’re winning championships. Now I see why people are pissed.
I saw that when it came out. I think it’s pretty bush league, but I’m not sure that is what JP is referring to. It could be, but his tweet leaves a lot of unanswered questions.

I agree totally, if this is just about KJ picking a school. However, if CJ (or any former player) is advising other kids to go somewhere else, that’s is bullshit. Coach Frost is just getting started here and guys like CJ begged him to come back and fix this mess. Stabbing the program in the back like that would be a huge problem.
Maybe I missed some of this. I only saw CJ defending/explaining the decision. I must have missed him advising kids to not go to NU. If that's the case, yes then I'm in the pissed off column. Also don't know if clester was part of the group wanting and welcoming Frost back.

I guess Tommie Frazier been out for quite awhile then. He’s been wearing Creighton gear to Bluejay basketball games or does he get a pass because his kid doesn’t go to Creighton.
IF he wears Jay gear to a Creighton vs NU game, I would have a problem with that. Otherwise I don't care. There's some huge NU fans who also root for Creighton at other times. I used to be one of those but man I can't do it anymore. Too much trash talk from candy ass bandwagon Jay fans.

I guess Tommie Frazier been out for quite awhile then. He’s been wearing Creighton gear to Bluejay basketball games or does he get a pass because his kid doesn’t go to Creighton.
Frazier is a businessman in Nebraska. I view it similar to the Jordan quote about Republicans buying sneakers too. Anyway, I feel some of the Johnson camp statements were unnecessary. Just my opinion.

I saw that when it came out. I think it’s pretty bush league, but I’m not sure that is what JP is referring to. It could be, but his tweet leaves a lot of unanswered questions.
If he's talking about Clester Johnson, I think he should just shut up. It's not very mature to criticize a parent about their child's choice of a school. It's the parent's role to help the child make the decision that's in the best interest of the child, not a decision that is best for Jason Peter. Maybe Clester tried to steer his son to go to Nebraska, but the son made his own decision and chose Iowa and Clester is just defending his son's decision now. Or maybe Clester felt that Iowa was the best school for his son and didn't try to steer him to Nebraska. Either way, it's none of Peter's business in my opinion.

IF he wears Jay gear to a Creighton vs NU game, I would have a problem with that. Otherwise I don't care. There's some huge NU fans who also root for Creighton at other times. I used to be one of those but man I can't do it anymore. Too much trash talk from candy ass bandwagon Jay fans.
I have a graduate degree from Creighton, but will be a husker first in all sports. I paid my own way through all of undergrad and graduate school, so I have very little in common with most Creighton fans, besides not being Catholic.

If he's talking about Clester Johnson, I think he should just shut up. It's not very mature to criticize a parent about their child's choice of a school. It's the parent's role to help the child make the decision that's in the best interest of the child, not a decision that is best for Jason Peter. Maybe Clester tried to steer his son to go to Nebraska, but the son made his own decision and chose Iowa and Clester is just defending his son's decision now. Or maybe Clester felt that Iowa was the best school for his son and didn't try to steer him to Nebraska. Either way, it's none of Peter's business in my opinion.
I can understand your point of view.

Reactions: SWIowahawks

Frazier is a businessman in Nebraska. I view it similar to the Jordan quote about Republicans buying sneakers too. Anyway, I feel some of the Johnson camp statements were unnecessary. Just my opinion.

My point was just because you wear some other teams gear from time to time doesn’t mean your big fan of their’s I too at times don’t wear Husker gear 100% of the time but it isn’t on game days..

Never seen TF ever attend a Creighton/ Nebraska Basketball game either..

Reactions: dinglefritz
My point was just because you wear some other teams gear from Rome to time doesn’t mean your big fan of their’s I too at times don’t wear Husker gear 100% of the time but it isn’t on game days..

Never seen TF ever attend a Creighton/ Nebraska Basketball game either..
I hear ya, but no husker should ever be caught wearing hawk gear. Not saying he needs to wear husker gear, but maybe just a plain black tee shirt. Just my opinion.

Reactions: husker2612

Because Clester had so much to do with all that winning. Apparently he doesn’t think his kid is good enough to help NU get back to his Nebraska. Maybe he wants his kid to be just like him, a marginal player who gets to “win” while contributing very little to the team. Maybe he’s pissed because his other kids didn’t get an offer from NU. The message definitely could be seen as a direct shot at Frost. If you want to go to Iowa, go to Iowa, but as someone else said, using “winning” and “bowl games” as the basis to send him to Iowa is funny and is a low, low bar.

The kid can go wherever he wants. If his quitter dad never comes back to Memorial stadium again I'd be fine with that.

I have no idea what CJ has said. As a parent Im going to want the best for my kid. Doesn't matter what college I went to. When looking at Nebraska and at Iowa. If Keagan had chosen Nebraska he would be surrounded by a ton of young top level talent. He is going to have to fight every step of the way to possibly see the field at all. Going to Iowa he will at the top of the hill and could be a 4 year starter. This gives him a better chance to get noticed and possibly make it to the NFL. Im sorry but as a parent Iowa probably gives him the better odds to play. It doesn't mean CJ doesn't love Nebraska it just means he wants to give his son the best odds at success.
Now that being said, if CJ is going around trashing Nebraska to other potential recruits and or their parents that is a whole different thing. I don't know if that is happen, if it is he deserves all the shit he is getting. If it is just him advising his son for the best possible outcome, I see nothing wrong with that.
Never mind just saw his above quote. Yeah, the guy is going to have a tough time showing his face around Nebraska. Might want to just pick up and move his family to Iowa.

Last edited:

This is better than any other revenge, or talking JP or any husker fan could do. Just win. Beating Iowa the next 5 years while KJ is there will be oh so sweet. Life is filled with choices and consequences. I have a feeling KJ is about to learn that very soon. That being said, people who are attacking the kid or his family directly on twitter or wherever are spineless ass hats.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT