ADVERTISEMENT

Jarrett Bell

Love this board...there's always an assumption that a competing school must be offering a recruit money under the table if he decides not to come to NU or take a visit elsewhere...good grief
Laquon Treadwell

Look it up ☝

I am fairly confident the same thing went down with Desmond Fitzpatrick!

Last edited:
huh...that's weird. I could have sworn I read on here that this guy was a lock to commit to Nebraska today.
you forgot the winking smiley face.....Winking We may still have a decent shot at him. I don't blame him one bit for postponing his decision. I would more than likely take every last second I could if it were me. Tough decision.

Love the comment about him competing at LG. Just like Wilson and Farmer will compete at RG, we need that.

If his major motivations are business school and alumni reach as the article talks about
Notredame
Texas A&M
Ucla are going to be tough to beat

True, but we do have Warren Buffett
Yep

But it's just a holding company that is really just a shell
Nothing really there and warren lets his companies run autonomously no interference

I was in his office back in the early 90s they have a tiny staff, back then an ugly old building they were renting space from
A threadbare reception area with worn furniture
My office was bigger and nicer than warrens then lol
True story

Last edited:
Reactions: huskerfan1000
Idk, that article didn't sound good for us. Smart on his part to not jump to a commitment when coaches are in your home but this just feels like a loss IMO. We'll see, I guess.

Love this board...there's always an assumption that a competing school must be offering a recruit money under the table if he decides not to come to NU or take a visit elsewhere...good grief

There is more than enough evidence through college football history to suggest that these things do exist. Many High school coaches in the south are doing well in the finance department..

Yep

But it's just a holding company that is really just a shell
Nothing really there and warren lets his companies run autonomously
Business degrees are worthless, unless it is an MBA from a top 5. Get as technical of an undergraduate as you can stomach ... just saying

Not so sure
Out of A&M I had five offers including Xerox, American Hospital Supply and IBM with a business degree. The fine arts guys have the lowest salaries and highest unemployment rates

Reactions: baseball31ne
Not so sure
Out of A&M I had five offers including Xerox, American Hospital Supply and IBM with a business degree. The fine arts guys have the lowest salaries and highest unemployment rates
My son just landed a nice job with an undergraduate business degree. In my experience, it is one of the best undergraduate degrees you can get. And the rising applications (and tuition rates) at the College of Business supports that view.

Oh, everything has to be a conspiracy. How else would people spend their free time? Reading a book, or something ridiculous like that? Nah, much better to ruminate on other schools getting a recruit over us.

I have several friends and former teammates who were on scholarship at Nebraska
I know for a fact they were not paid

On the other hand I worked for a dealership at Texas a&m when I went to school there and have first hand knowledge of several players who got cars
I processed finance applications on cars they owned they were using as references that had an extremely low balance, very high value, but zero history of payments. They winked at me when I asked them about the loans

Also at A&M all you had to do was look behind the players dorm and see all these amazing cars
A&m repossessed the maroon transam they gave to Dickerson after he backed out of his commitment and signed for more money at smu
It was well known and talked about on the smu 30 for 30
Not all schools cheat

Those that do cheat want to make everyone think everyone does
Everyone does it so it's ok- they want you to think that
It simply isn't true

Last edited:

On the other hand I worked for a dealership at Texas a&m when I went to school there and have first hand knowledge of several players who got cars
I processed finance applications on cars they owned they were using as references that had an extremely low balance, very high value, but zero history of payments. They winked at me when I asked them about the loans

Also at A&M all you had to do was look behind the players dorm and see all these amazing cars
A&m repossessed the maroon transam they gave to Dickerson after he backed out of his commitment and signed for more money at smu
Not all schools cheat

It isn't true
You're crazy if you think Nebraska is clean and has never paid players. Just because you knew a few that didn't get paid doesn't mean it doesnt/hasn't happened. Some schools are dirtier than others. People have their head in the sand if they think NU is squeaky clean.

There is more than enough evidence through college football history to suggest that these things do exist. Many High school coaches in the south are doing well in the finance department..

Reminds me of the time that I delivering meals to an ill gentleman in his mid thirties. He was from Texas and a highly recruited DL out of HS. He was deciding between Baylor (near his hometown) and NU. Then all of a sudden a school in a certain western state not quite to CA with a squeaky clean reputation contacted him, offered him a new car, IIRC $25,000 cash, a couple of young ladies who would take the papers he wrote and turn them into A level work, and a handful of other benefits. This guy then called the coach recruiting him at NU and said "here's what school B has offered, what's your offer?" The coach told him (he said this is pretty much a quote) "that's not how we do things at NU. We know B does it but we're not going to do it and if we find out any alums are doing it, we put a stop to it. Best of luck to you." The man went to B, did well, and left after his jr. year for the NFL, where he had a cup of coffee with a few teams before becoming a pro wrestler. Says in his heart he wished he had gone to NU, but his family was dirt poor and he couldn't turn down the money.

Reactions: davecisar
LOL at anyone who thinks that Nebraska hasn't paid players before.

I doubt we're seeing that these days but there is no way people weren't getting paid in the past. I wont say Osborne was as bold as Barry but I'm sure some rules were bent along the way. If people looked they would see a couple of cases where Nebraska did have major infractions under Osborne but they didn't result in major probation so nothing severe came of it. These are the times that they were caught, who knows what they didn't get caught for..

You know how hard it would be for the university to catch and eliminate the problem at Nebraska? Its a small state... It shouldn't be that hard one would think.

There are many ways to spread the wealth. No every case is some player being paid himself. High school coaches probably end up with more money in their pockets than the players do.

Not all schools cheat

Wasn't it Suh who got in to a car accident in Lincoln with a Range Rover or something? People were wondering how some college kid was driving around in a vehicle like that. I'm sure some of these kids do acquire these cars in a legit manner who others are receiving it as a benefit.

Everyone does it so it's ok- they want you to think that
It simply isn't true

Almost every BCS school has been put on major probation at some point for something. There are those who have a history of it but when a sport allows for dirty dealings to be made then you better believe that it's happening.

I maintain that every team that plays in the playoff as well as any school that plays in a New Years 6 bowl should automatically undergo an NCAA investigation. Any infractions other than extremely minor ones should lead to a few scholarship reductions.

Same should hold for any elite 8 basketball programs.

You're crazy if you think Nebraska is clean and has never paid players. Just because you knew a few that didn't get paid doesn't mean it doesnt/hasn't happened. Some schools are dirtier than others. People have their head in the sand if they think NU is squeaky clean.

You heard it here first, folks. And, from a Moderator on Husker Online no less. Smokin

Reactions: FeelingFrosty
Yea we likenthink we are one of the only teams out there that is perfect and never crossed the line. Hate to tell you guys, I bet every team out there (D1 wise) has crossed the line at some point.

I’ve seen transactions take place on several occasions.
Would you say they were more like $100 handshakes sans the $500 and up we hear about in the SEC?

I have a good friend that insists that ND is cleaner than Baby Jesus. I tell him to quit abusing himself to the Knute Rockne videos. I think every school has this to a certain degree. Some are just more blatant or better at hiding it than others.

I am curious, however, if any of our coaches knew to what degree this occurred.

Adrian Fiala admitted it happened at Nebraska on the radio. Not sure why people can't cope with it.

ADVERTISEMENT