ADVERTISEMENT

Jared Ivey to GT

cdriftt24

Redshirt Freshman
Dec 29, 2012

Ivey committed to Georgia Tech today. Think we saw that coming but it’s official now.

we definitely need to wrap up Butler. The two are close in rankings, size and skill levels. I know it’s a TCU vs Huskers for Butler like it is for O Manning. Man we keep butting heads with those guys :(

Reactions: HominidHusker
I never understand why a kid agrees to have coaches fly in town and come to his house and then commit to another team a day or two later. Imagine the effort you are letting someone else take on when you know it’s wasted time by them. I guess they are kids but I always am blown theses families do this to people. Not just a nebraska thing. These coaches have families and recruits let them waste a large amount of time

I never understand why a kid agrees to have coaches fly in town and come to his house and then commit to another team a day or two later. Imagine the effort you are letting someone else take on when you know it’s wasted time by them. I guess they are kids but I always am blown theses families do this to people. Not just a nebraska thing. These coaches have families and recruits let them waste a large amount of time
My guess is, to put a positive, non judgmental, spin on it, is that he wanted to wait until Frost made his pitch. He actually wanted to hear what Frost had to say before deciding. So whatever Frost told him wasn’t enough to change his mind away from GT. So he announces the next day.

And for all we know when our coaches asked him if they could visit he may have told them he was going to commit to GT. Frost and company may have convinced him to allow them to visit anyway, hoping to sway him. So AS A COURTESY TO OUR COACHES, he said ok.

The presumption, in other words, that this kid and his parents are just inconsiderate jerks is completely unfounded.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT