ADVERTISEMENT

Jared Bubak is a Sun Devil commit

ReuniteGondwanaland

Blackshirt
Sep 8, 2010
Not surprised, biggest surprise is perhaps that it took so long to happen.

Wish he had stayed a Husker commit, but if he wants to be a big WR and not a TE and we only liked him at TE I guess he made the right choice. Assuming he actually DOES wind up playing the role he's looking for and doesn't grow into a end of the line, conventional TE after all.

I tell you, I'm stoked for the kid. I really hope it works for him out there. I've been seriously bummed out about what some fans are saying on some of the facebook groups. Calling him names, saying he sucks...acting like idiots. And then they start barking at each other about who the bigger Husker fan is by who's been to the most games. LOL. Jared will be great out there, I'll always support the kid.

Kid must gravitate toward slimy people. Bo pelini and Todd the snake oil salesmam Graham. The guy oozes slime

I don't know much about Graham. Kid is in for a shock if he's spent his entire school career at Lincoln Christian. Tempe is a way different place. He certainly won't be shoveling snow anymore!

Maybe he will also play some football while enjoying the campus and weather.

To be seen. Decommit from a coach known to be a great user,/developer of TE, and choose ASU. I'll be shocked if you ever see or hear from him on the field.

You choose asu for the scenery not the football.

Kid must gravitate toward slimy people. Bo pelini and Todd the snake oil salesmam Graham. The guy oozes slime

Graham kept getting better offers at better places, and he said yes. I fail to see the slime in that. Pelini, different matter, but Graham did what most people do......Accept a better job offer if it comes along. It's real easy to be loyal when you have nowhere better to go, or no other options, or the coaching talent that many programs are willing to pay for.

PS, good luck to Buback. ASU looks like a cool place to go to school and I hope he kills it there and finds it a good move for him.

The only film I could find of Bubak is of him playing QB. Has anyone seen any TE film?

I tell you, I'm stoked for the kid. I really hope it works for him out there. I've been seriously bummed out about what some fans are saying on some of the facebook groups. Calling him names, saying he sucks...acting like idiots. And then they start barking at each other about who the bigger Husker fan is by who's been to the most games. LOL. Jared will be great out there, I'll always support the kid.
I would never call somebody names or trash somebody for this. At the same time, I don't know why people "feel stoked" for him or feel the need to support him. Frankly, if somebody isn't going to be a Husker, I couldn't care less what happens to him, one way or the other. His success or lack of it is of no interest to me.

Graham kept getting better offers at better places, and he said yes. I fail to see the slime in that. Pelini, different matter, but Graham did what most people do......Accept a better job offer if it comes along. It's real easy to be loyal when you have nowhere better to go, or no other options, or the coaching talent that many programs are willing to pay for.

PS, good luck to Buback. ASU looks like a cool place to go to school and I hope he kills it there and finds it a good move for him.
Totally agree...why is it slimy to leave one job for a better one? Cue the..."it is the way he left" crowd. Screw that. Hardly is there a perfect time to leave one gig for a new one. You do what works for you.

I would never call somebody names or trash somebody for this. At the same time, I don't know why people "feel stoked" for him or feel the need to support him. Frankly, if somebody isn't going to be a Husker, I couldn't care less what happens to him, one way or the other. His success or lack of it is of no interest to me.

I guess I can't help it. I'm excited (stoked) for anyone from Nebraska that gets to do something cool. Kid got multiple D1 offers, and is leaving his comfort zone to play for somewhere else besides NU. Do I wish we had him? Yup. Will I support ASU? No Way. But I really do want the best for the kid. Husker or not.

I went out to Phoenix about his same age after living in Nebraska my entire life. Kid is going to love it out there. My buddy came out to visit, told me it made Omaha look like a dump. lol, and he was right. It took a long time and maturity for me to appreciate what we do have here in Nebraska as far as the people are concerned. We will be ok, and so will he.

Reactions: GBR_Atlanta
I guess I can't help it. I'm excited (stoked) for anyone from Nebraska that gets to do something cool. Kid got multiple D1 offers, and is leaving his comfort zone to play for somewhere else besides NU. Do I wish we had him? Yup. Will I support ASU? No Way. But I really do want the best for the kid. Husker or not.
Did your multiple contacts at Lincoln Chrisitian with multiple Division 1 offers get you this info?

Did your multiple contacts at Lincoln Chrisitian with multiple Division 1 offers get you this info?

Ha. Yup. Called on every last one of them for this valuable information. That's me. Mr. Connections. I should start a blog.

I've spent plenty of time in phx, in wouldn't say it makes omaha look like dump. I guess if you like brown, dusty, run down looking buildings, trash in the streets along the highways, then yeah its great.

Look up Grahams wiki page and read it. His dealings seem pretty slimy to me. The only difference between him and petrino is a motorcycle and a coworker.

The point about how he left, yes it matters. It shows what kind of person you are, a man of integrity or not. Most of us do not sign contacts in our jobs, nor do we lead multi million dollar orgs.

Dude is slimy in my book

Multiple offers???? I count 4. ASU, Kentucky, South Dakota State and Nebraska. Look at Stoll's offer list!

I don't know how fast he is; but we can find faster and also tall receivers who want to block. We will not be short of talent and he is not a T E

I wish the young man well. We need to focus on the players we have and will get instead of wasting time on a guy who does not want to play here.

Multiple offers???? I count 4. ASU, Kentucky, South Dakota State and Nebraska. Look at Stoll's offer list!

I'm definitely excited for Stoll, man. He's gonna be great. Sorry I saw 4 offers and thought I'd write multiple, next time I'll just write 4... One thing I almost forgot about with all this TE talk is about Matt Snyder coming in too. Can't wait to see this position back in full force at NU.

Hey GBR Atlanta; HOW Is the barbecue going down there; keeping up the competitions and fun? I agree; its great when a fine young person has the education opportunity. Facebook can't stop some from being trolls, agree on the lol. GBR

Doesn't Kentucky offer everyone we do by default, since one of our former assistants went there :)

I wish the young man well. We need to focus on the players we have and will get instead of wasting time on a guy who does not want to play here.
Personally I can completely understand why he might want to get away from home and play elsewhere. I'm just guessing that much of his desire to leave Lincoln has more to do with spreading his wings a little and lowered pressures than it does with the football programs. Completely understandable.

Look up Grahams wiki page and read it. His dealings seem pretty slimy to me. The only difference between him and petrino is a motorcycle and a coworker.

The point about how he left, yes it matters. It shows what kind of person you are, a man of integrity or not. Most of us do not sign contacts in our jobs, nor do we lead multi million dollar orgs.

Dude is slimy in my book

So, you can never break your contract?

Sure you can if your word and signature and reputation mean nothing to you. Especially when the other party has done nothing egregious to you.

Gee wife, something better came along, see ya. I'll send you a text message you can forward to the kids that I'm gone.

Sure you can if your word and signature and reputation mean nothing to you. Especially when the other party has done nothing egregious to you.

Gee wife, something better came along, see ya. I'll send you a text message you can forward to the kids that I'm gone.

What about a contract at a gym? Or a car lease? What about cable or DirectTV or your internet provider, what about your phone? Is it okay to break those contracts? What about looking for a new job while you have a job without telling your current boss?

Seems a little lame to compare divorcing a wife with a coach taking another job. I think any reasonable person could see the difference. Spoken like somebody who's never been in demand and had to face a situation like this. I am also not saying it's right or wrong what he did, I am just defending anyone's right to upgrade their job. If a new job opens up that wasn't open when you took your old one, then the situation changed, and you have to do what's best for you, especially in the world of college athletics, because whatever University you work for will have no trouble firing you if they feel the need to do what's best for them.

I work for a fortune 50 company and i am plenty in demand. Thanks for the concern. Been all over the world in the last 2 years. I don't have to seek out the next best thing. I create value where i am, and the doors open up. At the end of the day, I'm sought out because of what i offer and my integrity. Yeah, my company could give to shits about me, I'm a dime a dozen.

I know that the job hopping and crapping on those you leave behind by showing lack of integrity and follow through will catch up to you and you will flame out.

Sure you can leave any contact you want. There is a cost to it, either in monetary value, or how others see you and interact with you. I say he's a slime ball, you say he is well within his rights to leave. If i was hiring for a job, he's not on the list of people i would consider.

Just like i wouldn't hire the shooting star that has 7 jobs in 10 years from different companies even if they are all better jobs. In my opinion those people always looking for something better are not good for your org.

Kids gotta do what he wants to do. No sense in being in Lincoln if you won't want to be there. I don't personally follow Nebraska kids unless they end up at NU like all the rest of the commits, but I'm sure some folks will keep tabs on them.

I work for a fortune 50 company and i am plenty in demand. Thanks for the concern. Been all over the world in the last 2 years. I don't have to seek out the next best thing. I create value where i am, and the doors open up. At the end of the day, I'm sought out because of what i offer and my integrity. Yeah, my company could give to shits about me, I'm a dime a dozen.

I know that the job hopping and crapping on those you leave behind by showing lack of integrity and follow through will catch up to you and you will flame out.

Sure you can leave any contact you want. There is a cost to it, either in monetary value, or how others see you and interact with you. I say he's a slime ball, you say he is well within his rights to leave. If i was hiring for a job, he's not on the list of people i would consider.

Just like i wouldn't hire the shooting star that has 7 jobs in 10 years from different companies even if they are all better jobs. In my opinion those people always looking for something better are not good for your org.

Somebody as well traveled and accomplished as you should be able to tell the difference between a guy leaving his wife, with a coach taking another job. Taking a better job doesn't equate to crapping on somebody either. It's called bettering yourself, and maybe his wife decided she freaking hated living in Pit? Happy wife= happy life maybe? If I am right about that, then he would be a freaking idiot not to take the job.

No no no...I asked you if it is okay to leave your cell phone contract, your internet contract, your cable/directTV contract, or your car lease...is that okay? Or does that make you a slime ball?

If I have 3 months left on my cell contract and break it to go with a new provider...am I a slime ball?

If I take a DirectTV offer because it is cheaper and offers me more than my current cable company that I have a contract with am I a slime ball?

Or does it only pertain to college football coaches?

No no no...I asked you if it is okay to leave your cell phone contract, your internet contract, your cable/directTV contract, or your car lease...is that okay? Or does that make you a slime ball?

If I have 3 months left on my cell contract and break it to go with a new provider...am I a slime ball?

If I take a DirectTV offer because it is cheaper and offers me more than my current cable company that I have a contract with am I a slime ball?

Or does it only pertain to college football coaches?

I think sometimes we just kind of like to rip on other people.

Well a little more complex then breaking a phone contract then?

Difference of opinions makes the world go round. Good day to you. Go Huskers

Good luck Mr Buback

You say he would not be on your list of people that you would hire, that is fair. let me ask you, how would you hire a coach?

Would you have to find a guy that was either retired or that had no contract?

You realize that our current coach broke a contract to come here to NU...is he a slime ball?

Well a little more complex then breaking a phone contract then?

Difference of opinions makes the world go round. Good day to you. Go Huskers

Good luck Mr Buback
Why? Both are legal documents...

Also, like I said. What about Coach Riley, who by all accounts is a great great guy. he broke a contract to come here. Sooooo, is he a slime ball?

ADVERTISEMENT