ADVERTISEMENT

Jamire Calvin picks Beavers

You will never be taken serious when you make a statement like this. Currently NU should be out recruiting Alabama, yes sure.
I think Nebraska needs to aspire to recruit like Bama.

What is the difference between Bama and Neb?
Simple answer.

1 guy.

Nick Saban

If he can do it there, Nebraska can do it.

Saban has built a great organization from top to bottom.

I want to see Neb get back to having:
Steinkuhler from Neb
Rozier from NJ
Fryar from NJ
Turner Gill at Qb. Tx
These types of players. The mid 90's teams with all that talent with Frazier etc.

It was 5 years ago that Texas had 20, 4 stars in nearly every cycle.

What changed? Maybe Texas went thru a down recruiting cycle. It cost Mack Brown his job. Herman has been hired to get them back to the big time.

If 2/3's of N's recruits are 3 stars then it sets the bar real low. One service has 10, 3 stars another says 12 of 16 recruits are 3 stars.

Simple answer.

1 guy.

Nick Saban

Steinkuhler from Neb
Rozier from NJ
Fryar from NJ
Turner Gill at Qb. Tx
These types of players. The mid 90's teams with all that talent with Frazier etc.

What changed? Maybe Texas went thru a down recruiting cycle. It cost Mack Brown his job. Herman has been hired to get them back to the big time.

If 2/3's of N's recruits are 3 stars then it sets the bar real low. One service has 10, 3 stars another says 12 of 16 recruits are 3 stars.
Good grief. Of course we should aspire to recruit like Bama. But you have to build toward that. You can't go 17 years with a program mired in mediocrity and then expect the new coach to start recruiting like Bama over night. Baby steps Dr. Marvin

Simple answer.

1 guy.

Nick Saban

Steinkuhler from Neb
Rozier from NJ
Fryar from NJ
Turner Gill at Qb. Tx

Talent in Texas will always be there. Baylor, TCU, Ok. St. all emerging had to hurt their recruiting a little. Now you have Houston making waves getting guys as well.

How many of you guys or gals posted in the Tyjon Lindsey commitment thread? Serious answers only.

TIA!
People usually post negative things. I usually only post when my opinion differs from what's already posted. For me, I don't get the point in saying I agree with something that's already been said. Which might make me come off as more negative than I really am. But I agree with you more than you think.

People usually post negative things. I usually only post when my opinion differs from what's already posted. For me, I don't get the point in saying I agree with something that's already been said. Which might make me come off as more negative than I really am. But I agree with you more than you think.
So when something big happens (like the Lindsey commit) lots will post that they like it and you don't have to? Then you are right, you do come off more negative than maybe you should...

Lulz

PolancoTrip051515.gif

So when something big happens (like the Lindsey commit) lots will post that they like it and you don't have to? Then you are right, you do come off more negative than maybe you should...
Yes, I said in an earlier thread that I'm impressed with the ability of this staff to get interest from top recruits. And no, I haven't posted in the Lindsey thread. In those threads, it's always the same thing: "Great get!", "Welcome to the Husker family!". I don't feel the need to post anything, even though I feel the same way, because it's already been said.

Yes, I said in an earlier thread that I'm impressed with the ability of this staff to get interest from top recruits. And no, I haven't posted in the Lindsey thread. In those threads, it's always the same thing: "Great get!", "Welcome to the Husker family!". I don't feel the need to post anything, even though I feel the same way, because it's already been said.
But if negative comments have been made that you agree with you feel the need to still comment yourself?

Tell ya what, homie...talk to your AD, have him call ours and set it up....and make sure it's a home-and-home or I'll be back here to call you all a bunch of pussies. We will beat ya. You guys have tradition and history...and that's about it. We had one common opponent, and we played them when they'd figured our their QB situation and were better; also we were decimated by injuries...and our margin of victory was larger than yours. So there's that.

I know Riley. I know where you are headed. You are all just bitter about my comments because you know it's valid info; like hearing your girlfriend's ex talk about her bedroom manner. Just stuff you don't want to hear.

I was aggressive on this board, this is true. I said some things about your coaches, also true. I've never been to Lincoln. I said my presumption is that Corvallis is better as a town; that's based mainly on geography and my knowledge of at least one of the two towns. I also said OSU does not take a back seat to NU. I said "least of all" which is a back-handed slap at NU, I can concur. I'm have no reason not to think that Nebraska is a fine institution. I just think your AD made a terrible hire; but I'm thankful for it.

Yeah, this is your board and it's like your tailgate...and if that, to you guys, is a license to say ignorant things that have not foundation in reality or fact, then you can have it. I'd hope that on our own message boards, Beavers fans would at least moderate themselves in such manner that maintains logic and common sense.

Nebraska fans still living in the past like it's 1997. You had great tradition, but in today's college football landscape, you're as much irrelevant as Oregon State is...

Have you ever heard about OSU's basketball history? One of the winningest programs in NCAA. Multiple elite 8 and final 4 appearances, pac10 championships, #1 rankings, and NBA hall of fame members. That level of success ended in the late 80's early 90's. All that history means nothing now, the basketball program is irrelevant. Get where I'm going with this? Sound familiar to Nebraska football?

The excuses you guys have come up with for why Calvin picked us over Neb is laughable... you guys seriously think we paid his family?!? Wow. Just maybe the kid decided he wanted to play with his close friend, or after he saw who our new WR coach is, he decided he wanted to play for him. If you forgot, Calvin was originally high on OSU until our previous coach left and took a head coaching position.

"He made a mistake choosing OSU" Why? Seriously, I want to know? If his ultimate goal is to go pro, he'll have just as good of an opportunity at OSU as he would other schools. Heard of Brandin Cooks? Markus Wheaton? Worked out for them coming here...

It's like this was a huge surprise that a kid choose OSU over Neb... Hell, this isn't even the first time it's happened this year. Isaiah Hodgins, a higher ranked WR than Calvin had an offer from Neb and visited, signed with us two months ago.

The way you guys view OSU is pathetic, but not as pathetic as you delusions that the Neb program is still like it was in the 90s. Those times are gone. Time to move on.

Beavers hoops has the necessary resources? Yes, all the coaches just received free tire rotations for one year on their personal vehicles since OSU can't afford the use of planes for travel.

Beavers hoops has state of the art facilities? Yes, we just got fresh gravel on our outdoor practice courts...

Beavers hoops sell out every game? Yes, but many open seats are reserved per game in case fans decide to show up late...

Beavers hoops ranked in top 10 recently? How well did that top ten ranking work out for you guys?

I can go on, and on, and on, and on but let's start with the first three questions.

Mike Riley recruits and players, I highly doubt you want to go there.
He recruits and players? I can't go there because you make no sense.

Brandin Cooks was a 4* recruit who was originally committed to UCLA. Flipped and signed with OSU. He was not an unknown that Mike found and coached..... if that's what your getting at.[/QUOTE]

I wish Nebraska nothing but the best and for a beaver fan instead of being on this board and criticizing Nebraska we should be more professional and not criticize Nebraska football based off of them losing a recruiting battle to OSU. I know a lot of fans of the beavs are hurt about the way things went with Riley when he left and what not but instead of bashing Nebraska be thankful that coach Anderson came to replace him. I hope Nebraska has nothing but success under Riley and they can get back to the GBR everyone remembers. Oregon state still has a lot to prove under Anderson he's brought in good players since being there but as a fan stop going on this board criticizing there Team cause we would be just as pissed as they are if they did it to us. So all you GBR fans please kick the shit outta Oregon this year and Goodluck on the rest of the recruiting battles y'all are in this year.

His best friend and another teammate are going to Oregon state.

Nebraska fans can lament over losing recruits like Isaiah Hodgins or Jamire Calvin to the likes of OSU. But we've seen it over and over in college sports. It doesn't matter how much tradition or resources a school has. At the end of the day coaching is the great equalizer. If it wasn't, then schools like Texas wouldn't be taking a back seat to schools like Baylor and TCU. Texas would have been in the college playoffs by now. Look at what happened with Penn State, Colorado. Great hires does wonders for programs needing to turn things around. Look at UW....even with Seattle as its setting, great academics and it's resources. UW was mediocre for over a decade until Chris Peterson showed up. You can bash schools like OSU all you want. In this day and age, once you make the right hire, it really doesn't matter if you are a "blue blood" program does it? All power 5 schools pretty much have state of the art facilities, an array of helmets and uniforms, are on t.v. a decent amount of time.

Kids don't care as much about what you have done 10 years ago. Coaching is where programs can become relevant very quickly or drop. Who knows what will ultimately happen under Andersen. He seems to be on the right track. Here's hoping you guys can get back to where you were. The Nebraska program has been nothing but class, you have and do win the right way. But
before looking down on other schools and wondering why someone would possibly choose them instead of your own. You may want to think about why Nebraska isn't as competitive with recruits it once was, and I'm not taking about just vs. OSU. Riley is a good guy. The antithesis of Pelini. With that said is he going to lose less than 4 games a season at Nebraska? Is Riley the type of coach (even with Nebraska's resources) to guide the program to finish in the top 15-20 in recriuting? Because what I'm reading, Nebraska's pedigree alone should be enough to accomplish that.

Turns out the reason he was crying was because his dad couldn't make the ceremony because he was stuck in the Florida airport because of the shooting. He felt it was his biggest day in football and his dad couldn't share it with him, apologies accepted.

RollingLaughRollingLaughRollingLaughRollingLaughRollingLaugh

Wow! What a bunch of entitled, delusional, sniveling little turds on this message board (not all of you).

1. "A lesser school?" I take exception to that. I have 2 degrees from OSU and a MS from University of Washington and I have a great deal of pride in my education. I don't feel that OSU takes a back seat to ANY (non Ivy League, public) university in this country, academically, certainly not NU.

2. Corvallis is a "$hithole." Ever been there? I have never been to Lincoln but I can't imagine it being even half the town Corvallis is. Corvallis is a pure college town that is close to the mountains and the beach. It has great breweries, a quaint downtown area and the campus is a tight community. Don't be ignorant.

3. OSU paid him? That is the stupidest thing I've heard all day. Our Athletic Department doesn't have that kind of budget. Calvin is coming here because we are on the rise and two of his buddies are coming here, including his best friend. If you could look past your deluded NU bubble you'd have known that about him.

4. Mike Riley is our sloppy seconds. Banker will never have a good defense. Riley watches the game on Saturday, rather than coaching it. Enjoy losing games in inexplicable fashion like you did last year to Illinois and BYU and some others. Remember that 3rd & 8 pass when you had the lead on the plus side of the field? Hahahaha....more to come. He sucks. I was SO glad to not have him on the sideline during the Civil War against Oregon. We were down 10 and proceeded to go on a 20-0 run based off TWENTY ONE CONSECUTIVE rushing plays. Riley would've $hit the bed and lost to the ducks for the 10th straight time.

5. OSU would beat NU if they played in 2017 or 2018.

So get used to sucking, and do a gut-check on who you are and what NU Football is nowadays. We didn't pay any recruits, and he wasn't sad to say "OSU" or coerced. He made an emotional decision based on what his heart told him. Deal with it.

this post still good or nah?

How many 4 and 5 star recruits are within 500 miles, Warmer winters, current success.
That's why Nebraska has to maintain top 5 facilities and consistently recruit top 15 classes to compete for national championships. This program generates more than enough $$$$ to get that done! Considering our geographic location and population base it is critical to hire great coaches/recruiters and have all the bells and whistles on campus. Looks like we might actually be ready to finally turn the corner now. There should be no excuses for a 5 time NC program (could easily be 8-9).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT