ADVERTISEMENT

jamie burrow

redwine65

Offensive Coordinator
Jun 23, 2010
I heard the LSU qb wanted to be a Husker. cause he's dad was a Husker and he like Nebraska Football.

But from there I never got the complete story about what went wrong. I think it involves a coach who played at ohio state, Bo P. and some how burrow went to ohio state.

Can someone explain how this all happened?

Plain and simple I don’t believe Burrow ever wanted to come here. He had bigger programs recruiting him. He’s a perfect example how our past is irrelevant to this generation.
Someone else who knows the story can explain better but I believe it went like this:

Bo passed on him bc he was on his way out and knew we had no chance.

Riley tried to recruit him but it was too late in the game.

Scotty had a chance to get him but claimed our QBs were better (AMart and Gebbia).

Burrow wanted to play here so badly that he offered to be a walk on. But BO and Tim Beck laughed at his face and told him to get his weak ass sauce out of here.

Riley winked at home on Facebook but it wasnt enough time win him over.

Wasnt Burrow a 4*recruit offered by Ohio St.? No way he would volunteer to be a walk on.. no way.

I’ll do this again, why not.

Joe Burrow absolutely wanted to come here, bad. But Beck and Pelini had no interest at that time. Burrow even came to a camp and they didn’t even talk to him. Why? Because they were all in on a transfer student from Sweden playing JV football in Texas. You heard that right, playing JV. Fast forward and Bo gets fired and Riley is hired. Riley cuts ties with the Swedish kid, who end up playing H-Back an North Texas and OSU hires Beck as their OC. Riley tried to flip Burrow, after all Beck was the one that didn’t want Burrow in the first place, but fails. Fast forward and Burrow never gets a shot at OSU, so he decided to transfer when Frost is hired. Frost decided to roll with true Freshman Martinez instead and Burrow ends up at LSU.

Something to keep in mind is that it never seemed like Borrow would be the superstar he is now. He was a 5.7 3-star recruit out of HS and never sniffed the field at OSU. I wanted us to go after him because he was a legacy and seemed to fit what Beck and Frost want to do, but never dreamed he might win the Heisman.

I’ll do this again, why not.

Joe Burrow absolutely wanted to come here, bad. But Beck and Pelini had no interest at that time. Burrow even came to a camp and they didn’t even talk to him. Why? Because they were all in on a transfer student from Sweden playing JV football in Texas. You heard that right, playing JV. Fast forward and Bo gets fired and Riley is hired. Riley cuts ties with the Swedish kid, who end up playing H-Back an North Texas and OSU hires Beck as their OC. Riley tried to flip Burrow, after all Beck was the one that didn’t want Burrow in the first place, but fails. Fast forward and Burrow never gets a shot at OSU, so he decided to transfer when Frost is hired. Frost decided to roll with true Freshman Martinez instead and Burrow ends up at LSU.

Something to keep in mind is that it never seemed like Borrow would be the superstar he is now. He was a 5.7 3-star recruit out of HS and never sniffed the field at OSU. I wanted us to go after him because he was a legacy and seemed to fit what Beck and Frost want to do, but never dreamed he might win the Heisman.

^THIS^
And like I said in a previous Burrow post, he had stated after signing with Ohio State that it was his “dream to play for Nebraska”, but it didn’t work out and that he was happy to be a buckeye.

Burrow wanted to come here. But in the end I’m glad he didn’t, because he would never have had the success here, that he is having at LSU.

I heard the LSU qb wanted to be a Husker. cause he's dad was a Husker and he like Nebraska Football.

But from there I never got the complete story about what went wrong. I think it involves a coach who played at ohio state, Bo P. and some how burrow went to ohio state.

I “heard” this topic has been discussed many many times. It is time to just let it go and...

tenor.gif

Nebraska has made many recruiting mistakes from not recruiting Burrow to not getting Duggan who is in our back yard. We are a mess right now.

Reactions: ssmill777
Nebraska has made many recruiting mistakes from not recruiting Burrow to not getting Duggan who is in our back yard. We are a mess right now.
Wow dude you are just looking for a drum to beat here.. He was recruited by us.. nobody dropped the ball.. its not a playstation game where you can just recruit anyone and get 99%of them.. there was intrest on both sides he just decided to go to TCU.. seriously...STFU already

Plain and simple I don’t believe Burrow ever wanted to come here. He had bigger programs recruiting him. He’s a perfect example how our past is irrelevant to this generation.
Someone else who knows the story can explain better but I believe it went like this:

Bo passed on him bc he was on his way out and knew we had no chance.

Riley tried to recruit him but it was too late in the game.

Scotty had a chance to get him but claimed our QBs were better (AMart and Gebbia).
SF wasn't in the picture for NU when Burrow got out of high school

Just noticed the OP called him Jaime. I seriously think he butchers these names on purpose.
not really, Im a terrible speller. plus sometimes reading threads you just read a lot of bits and pieces of things and never get the full story, thank y'all for delivering.

Mistakes were made. Bo and Beck blew him off as a walk on type prospect. The family was hurt and then Urban came calling.

Burrow completed like 90% of his passes his senior year of HS and BoBeck recruited a guy that played JV his senior year.

I love revisionist history, Dillman was a 5 star QB who tore his Achilles in his junior year, before that he was rated as the #2 dual threat QB, one spot ahead of some kid named Kyler Murray. Nebraska thought he would heal and get better, instead he gained weight and lost speed, then was dropped as a recruit.

Reactions: HuskerDana
Joe Burrow would have got his ass kicked behind our line. Would never sniff Heisman consideration here.

I’m not sure about that. He made impressive decisions with defenders in his face all day. Nebraska would be a much better team with Burrow as QB... not that Frost would of played him anyway.

Wow dude you are just looking for a drum to beat here.. He was recruited by us.. nobody dropped the ball.. its not a playstation game where you can just recruit anyone and get 99%of them.. there was intrest on both sides he just decided to go to TCU.. seriously...STFU already

NU had no shot at Max, he was recruited by our current staff, but was always headed south. Fact.

Reactions: yunginsNU2
I love revisionist history, Dillman was a 5 star QB who tore his Achilles in his junior year, before that he was rated as the #2 dual threat QB, one spot ahead of some kid named Kyler Murray. Nebraska thought he would heal and get better, instead he gained weight and lost speed, then was dropped as a recruit.
Dillman was highly regarded when he was a soph.

NU had no shot at Max, he was recruited by our current staff, but was always headed south. Fact.
I agree.. thats what makes me so mad about guys like him who want to blame someone on out llr staff for not landing him.. man he was recruited.. he visited several times but in the end he did what was best for him and his family.. next

Reactions: HuskerDana
I agree.. thats what makes me so mad about guys like him who want to blame someone on out llr staff for not landing him.. man he was recruited.. he visited several times but in the end he did what was best for him and his family.. next

I have been as critical as anyone of this staff, but that response on his recruit (or lack there of) is just flat out a false statement. Dead issue. He was never coming to NU.

Reactions: yunginsNU2
ADVERTISEMENT