ADVERTISEMENT

James Carnie

CatColumbia

All-American
Apr 19, 2014
One day in Lincoln, the next day in Orlando
Heard that he competed pound for pound with Fidone at Warren’s camp last week. Heard that his 40 and vertical were actually better than Fidone’s. He’s committed to Miami of Ohio but that won’t last long. I’d say he could be the steal of the class. Would hate to have another Noah Fant situation happen again.

https://247sports.com/player/james-carnie-46098319/

Edit: The point I’m trying to make is that we are taking two TE’s. Fidone is a lock but who is the second guy? I know we’re after Rollins but if he doesn’t react fast, Carnie will be the guy.

Last edited:
Reactions: John_J_Rambo
I too thought his vertical was significantly less than Fidone.

But the question that's on my mind at the moment, is how were they able to hold a football camp like that when potential recruits aren't even allowed to visit a campus because of virus concerns?

You can find the results online. Fidone had a 37.4 in the Vert, Carnie had a 32.8.

In the Pro Agility drill, Carnie had the best score among TE with 4.3, although I don't find a score for Fidone, so I'm not sure if he didn't do that drill or why there isn't a score.

In the 40, Carnie did best Fidone, though not by much. Carnie had best score for TE with 4.6, and second best in the camp. Fidone was second in TE and 3rd overall in the camp with 4.63.

Reactions: CatColumbia
I thought his vert was like 5 inches less than fidone, but pretty close in the other categories
Was going to post the same. I think he showed well and may be a better prospect than a guy like Rollins, but Fidone is a different animal.

You take three now and a good one is available next year, you are screwed.

Was looking at some other teams rankings and lists and the state of Colorado had two highly rated TE's go out of state. Apparently we were not in on either one.

You take three now and a good one is available next year, you are screwed.

Was looking at some other teams rankings and lists and the state of Colorado had two highly rated TE's go out of state. Apparently we were not in on either one.
We were in it for both Helm and Olsen (but I think Olsen stayed in state). But all is good as long as we get the big dog.

Can he catch a football?

Finished your thought

Assuming the quarterbacks look to throw the ball to the actual tight ends...can he catch a football or catch a football in the flat regardless if the ball is under thrown, overthrown, or off target?

The tight ends need to be prepared for the ball to arrive anywhere in or outside of their catch radius. Winking

Reactions: huntered
I went back and look at Rivals TE list. Colorado as a state was loaded for TE's.

In order they list them.

Ferguson - 4* no Husker offer listed - Oregon
Hart - 4* - Husker offer - Ohio State
Helm - 4* - Husker offer - Texas
Olsen - 4* - Husker offer - Colorado

Reactions: CatColumbia
best 2 get to stay TE, the other moves to OLB or DE or where ever.

besides, do you really expect all 3 to stay? At least 1 is likely to transfer.
Exactly. You take all 3. This type of player has left nebraska multiple times over the last several years and done well. Nebraska may not produce db's or even rb's but nebraska as a state seems to do pretty good with guys with this type of frame. The plus is one or even two might fit olb, ot or maybe even de.

Exactly. You take all 3. This type of player has left nebraska multiple times over the last several years and done well. Nebraska may not produce db's or even rb's but nebraska as a state seems to do pretty good with guys with this type of frame. The plus is one or even two might fit olb, ot or maybe even de.

I lean toward this. I have a feeling Frost and Co. will take Carnie over Rollins when it’s said and done. We can’t fall victim to another potential Noah Fant situation. The kid wants to be a Husker, just happens to be a late bloomer which is good imo. If we take 3 that’s good too. The cream will rise to the top.

They're not going to take TE scholarship players in a smaller size class. OK to dream about it I guess but it's just not going to be reality. And unlikely that 3 TE players want to come into the same class together.
I look at as maybe more of 1 or 2 definite TE's (findone and rollins) and then find out if Carie is open to being an athlete. I haven't read much on Rollins. The bottom line is these body types have been successful with regards to Fant, Ott, Jurgens and even though he was a little bigger Phillip's.

I look at as maybe more of 1 or 2 definite TE's (findone and rollins) and then find out if Carie is open to being an athlete. I haven't read much on Rollins. The bottom line is these body types have been successful with regards to Fant, Ott, Jurgens and even though he was a little bigger Phillip's.
They have said Rollins is a very good athlete who could also play OLB, but we have a bunch of those in the class already too.

Carnie being a Husker kid through and through means a lot. Knowing he’s be rock solid and dedicated goes a long way.

I also don’t know much about Rollins, but I’m not sure staff will take 3 this year.... unless Fidone really holds out a long time before deciding and they’re desperate to get two in the boat.

They have said Rollins is a very good athlete who could also play OLB, but we have a bunch of those in the class already too.
That would take care of it for me then. You take all 3. It's not we've really killed it in OLB recruiting anyway so a potential extra body wouldnt hurt.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT